Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

And how'd she get past Mark Johnson?!
    The answer may be simpler than you think. Years ago when Tressel was Ohio State's football coach I remember a press conference when a reporter seemed upset that we let a good Ohio kid commit to Michigan and asked Tress how'd he let that happen? Tress just looks at the guy and calmly says "You can't take them all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Watts! UW has an openings @ F next year, Watts was MJ thinking! So NOW how do the OSU fans feel about the transfer situation?! LOL Wink Wink
      Speaking for myself, I haven't changed my opinion one bit. And I'm very happy to welcome Kenzie to Ohio State.

Regardless of my personal opinion on the transfers, I'm fine with competing on the basis of the agreed upon rules. If all parties follow all relevant rules, then so be it. Legal transfers are like legal tax deductions. Even if you were against a deduction when proposed, if it becomes law, you can take the deduction just like anyone else.

You might recall my personal opinion from previous threads. IIRC, you & I found some common ground, but took a lot of flack from other posters. Personally I'd prefer that players transferring from one D-1 program to another use their red-shirt year before competing for their new team. IMHO, that strikes the right balance between the competing interests. (Though I do favor allowing a player who completes her undergraduate degree early to play immediately for her graduate school.)

But in this case, notice that Kenzie didn't compete in 2020-21. Granted, the pandemic created very unique circumstances. Still, I'd say that even if my version of the rule was in force, Kenzie's year off should satisfy the restriction. So I don't even have hypothetical qualms about this news.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Speaking for myself, But in this case, notice that Kenzie didn't compete in 2020-21. Granted, the pandemic created very unique circumstances. Still, I'd say that even if my version of the rule was in force, Kenzie's year off should satisfy the restriction. So I don't even have hypothetical qualms about this news.
        Actually I think she played in several games this season registering 40 SOG and 4 or so points. She no longer shows up on Q’s roster but is still in the stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
          Actually I think she played in several games this season registering 40 SOG and 4 or so points. She no longer shows up on Q’s roster but is still in the stats.
          You're correct; good catch. Even though she doesn't currently appear on the Bobcat Roster, she is acknowledged on QU's Individual Stats Page. Her stats are what you said. Also, she was apparently a +6 when she left.

Guess that takes me a little out of my comfort zone. But I'm still supporting Kenzie as a legal transfer.

Comment

• Well the WCHA Tournament field is set. We play Minnesota Duluth March 6th at 6:07 Eastern time.
            At least when the tournament is over I can cancel that God awful FloHockey subscription!
            There is no game for 3rd place between the losers of the 1st round.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-28-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Well the WCHA Tournament field is set. We play Minnesota Duluth March 6th at 6:07 Eastern time.
              At least when the tournament is over I can cancel that God awful FloHockey subscription!
              There is no game for 3rd place between the losers of the 1st round.
              The tournament is only on FLO? I may have to subscribe. There should always be a 3rd place game. The teams and (and fans) are there anyway, just play. It may be very meaningful this year. If UM and/or UMD lose in round 1, round 2 would potentially be an ncaa play in game for them.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The tournament is only on FLO? I may have to subscribe.
                When I was commenting on how awful FLO is I wasn't meaning the quality of the transmission, Ohio State has a lock on 1st place for horrible video. My reference was the prices they charge and they don't sell single games but if you sign up to watch the tournament be very careful doing it as it's rather deceptive on their website and after I did it it seems it tricked me into being billed for an entire years worth instead of the monthly rate!

Comment

The tournament is only on FLO? I may have to subscribe. There should always be a 3rd place game. The teams and (and fans) are there anyway, just play. It may be very meaningful this year. If UM and/or UMD lose in round 1, round 2 would potentially be an ncaa play in game for them.
                  I wouldn't do anything until Friday at the earliest. Other years it has take the WCHA until later in the week to post "video stream for free" links at their site, and BTN often leaves things off the 'schedule' until game day gets closer. All year BTN has had rights to home games of B1G schools; why would this one be different?

Comment

There should always be a 3rd place game. The teams and (and fans) are there anyway, just play. It may be very meaningful this year.
                    The next meaningful 3rd-place game that I see in women's hockey will be the first. The players never want to play in them. The NCAA consolations were the worst, but in any tourney, it's flat Team A versus flat Team B. After the game, none of the winning players even bother dredging up the "we wanted it more" cliche.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I wouldn't do anything until Friday at the earliest. Other years it has take the WCHA until later in the week to post "video stream for free" links at their site, and BTN often leaves things off the 'schedule' until game day gets closer. All year BTN has had rights to home games of B1G schools; why would this one be different?
                      That would be nice if it was broadcast other than FLO but it looks like FLO has a contract to broadcast the tournament and also is one of the sponsors and I've never seen the tournament shown on two different carriers at the same time before.

Comment

• I'm liking how well we're playing so far against Duluth, especially back to back goals for a 3-1 lead and now a sweet shot to make it 4-1 now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I'm liking how well we're playing so far against Duluth, especially back to back goals for a 3-1 lead and now a sweet shot to make it 4-1 now!
                          It sure helps when you're able to score 6 goals on just 19 shots...so far late in the 2nd.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• 7-2 is the Final Score; Wow! Was expecting to win, but not by such a healthy margin.

Congratulations to the Buckeye Players & Coaches. Keep it going tomorrow!

Comment

• Truly speechless that UMD didn’t follow Ohio state in putting in their senior goalie with 3 minutes left. UMD’s senior goalie Hanna Markel had never played a college game and had been a team player her entire career, just to watch Ohio state give their senior a moment and be discarded by her own coaches. Heartbreaking to watch.

Comment

• Unbelievable game for the Buckeyes! Totally was not what I was expecting as usually it's a slugfest when we play Duluth and it's anybody's game.
                                I just hope we saved enough goals to beat Wisconsin tomorrow, the Badgers are no pushovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X