Ohio State Buckeyes 2020-2021 ... Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Well it's time for our series with UMD which hasn't played a game since Dec. 5th. Any thoughts on how rusty UMD might be?
    We all saw twice how rusty UW was in both the first games of the series with OSU. Both first periods were especially bad. Yes, UW is not playing up to their potential, and OSU is playing super well right now, so that may be part of it, but this is a series OSU needs to sweep with their better talent and they have their sea legs. Of course I would like to see OSU go down in flames, but I'm being a realist.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Not too rusty...They are up 1-0 on the Yuckeyes after 2 periods.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Yuckeyes lose 2-0 to the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have their number.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Yuckeyes lose 2-0 to the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have their number.
          I guess they were more well-rested than rusty.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Clearly there is a mental block at this point with Ohio State at Duluth. Not going to say too much, but the fact of the matter is that is ten losses in a row to the Bulldogs in Duluth. The last time Ohio State beat Minnesota-Duluth in Duluth was during the 2015-16 season when Jenny Potter was our coach. Maybe we'll get a W tomorrow and get off the schneid. UMD opened the scoring in the first period on a goal by Anna Klein and that would be the game-winner as Bulldog goaltender Emma Soderberg shut out the Buckeyes in this one. UMD's 1-0 lead stood until the final minute when Taylor Anderson scored an empty-netter to make the final score 2-0. Buckeye netminder Andrea Braendli stopped 20 of the 21 shots she faced. Emma Soderberg stopped all 34 shots she faced. Coach Muzerall was not happy about the performance. Watched to the postgame interview and she actually said that we deserved to lose. Coach said we did not play with any heart. Wow. It's rare that Coach calls out the team after a game. We'll see how the Buckeyes respond when the teams face off tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Coach Muzerall was not happy about the performance. Watched to the postgame interview and she actually said that we deserved to lose. Coach said we did not play with any heart. Wow. It's rare that Coach calls out the team after a game. We'll see how the Buckeyes respond when the teams face off tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST.
              That will be interesting to see. Could easily go either way.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                That will be interesting to see. Could easily go either way.
                YES! This is where the fiery coaches usually fail. The rip your team apart over the long haul just grates down on the metal toughness of the team. I'd much rather have a steady as she goes coach like MJ or Paul Chryst than an emotional coach like Muzzy or Tony Granato. TG is the perfect example as the UW men just can't gain any wining traction because he's just too reactive. You can't be afraid to fail as player.

How can you say you deserved to lose when you only allow 1 goal? There had to have been some great team D and G play there. They must have played with heart in their own zone.
                Last edited by Timothy A; 01-16-2021, 06:57 AM.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Yeah, this one was a shocker to me. As well as we played against Wisconsin last game I mistakenly thought after such a gap in games for UMD I thought they'd be easy prey. Guess I was wrong but I can't tell the wife because in the home I'm NEVER wrong! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Watched to the postgame interview and she actually said that we deserved to lose. Coach said we did not play with any heart. Wow. It's rare that Coach calls out the team after a game. We'll see how the Buckeyes respond when the teams face off tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST.
                    The muzzinator....

Streamed this game and I didn't think OSU played without "heart". UMD got kind of a lucky bounce of the puck at the blue line as Anna Klein was entering the zone and it allowed her a to get a semi breakaway which to her credit, she buried.

OSU outshot UMD, won the battle in the faceoff dot, and blocked more shots than UMD. they had some really nice chances off faceoff wins that they just didn't convert. Soderberg for UMD played really well and that was the difference to me.

Comment

OSU puts 18 shots on net in the first period and still did not score...The Yuckeyes still have no heart.

Comment

OSU puts 18 shots on net in the first period and still did not score...The Yuckeyes still have no heart.
                        It's on FloHockey right now if anyone's interested. No score after one, shots 18-9 Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          It's on FloHockey right now if anyone's interested. No score after one, shots 18-9 Buckeyes.
                          Yes...I am watching this game as I can hardly stand to watch the Gophers getting pounded.

Comment

Ohio State has found their heart. Late goal in the 2nd period for OSU and they finally get one by Soderberg...1-0.

End of 2 periods now. OSU has put 35 shots on goal so far.

Comment

Definitely goalie interference on OSU and the goal is disallowed. Still 1-0 late in the 3rd.

Comment

Ohio State has found their heart. Late goal in the 2nd period for OSU and they finally get one by Soderberg...1-0.

End of 2 periods now. OSU has put 35 shots on goal so far.
                                Buckeyes hang on to win 1-0. I think I heard that it's their first victory in Duluth in like 11 games? Final SOG were 45-32 OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X