Ohio State Buckeyes 2020-2021 ... Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Who did you lose? I was listening to the UW audio, so you get a very Badger-centric view of the proceedings.
    He was doing the game 'remotely' from the video feed, and noted early on that the Ohio jerseys were not doing announcers any favors. They not as bad as the ones that drew the penalty a couple years ago, but they're not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

He was doing the game 'remotely' from the video feed, and noted early on that the Ohio jerseys were not doing announcers any favors. They not as bad as the ones that drew the penalty a couple years ago, but they're not good.
      I'm pretty sure they're the same jerseys, just with the illegal red numerals replaced with legal white ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I'm pretty sure they're the same jerseys, just with the illegal red numerals replaced with legal white ones.
        The numbers today and yesterday were (I assume we would call it) grey. Enough contrast to not draw the penalty, but not easy for remote radio announcers to read. The illegal ones were a darker "grey" bordering on black. You can find photos out on the web, etc.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...black-uniforms
        Last edited by robertearle; 03-07-2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Perhaps I should invite Timothy A. over for dinner providing he brings a big bottle of tequila?
          Would you settle for some thinner?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Congratulations to the Badgers today on winning the WCHA Final Faceoff Title. Wisconsin defeated Ohio State 3-2 in OT. After a scoreless first period, Daryl Watts put Wisconsin up 1-0 in the second period. Ohio State answered on a goal from Jennifer Gardiner to knot things up at 1. Watts scored again later in the second period to give the Badgers a 2-1 lead and that is how the second period ended. Ohio State's Sophie Jaques scored the only goal of the third period to tie it at 2. The game went into OT and just 42 seconds into the extra period, the Badgers' Lacey Eden scored to give Wisconsin the 3-2 victory and the WCHA Final Faceoff Championship. Both teams should hear their names called here shortly in the NCAA Tournament Selection Show (9:00 pm EST on NCAA.com). Each team had 20 shots on goal. Wisconsin's Kennedy Blair stopped 18 of the 20 shots she faced to get the win. Ohio State's Andrea Braendli stopped 17 of the 20 shots she faced.

Comment

Depends how the NCAA's go.

Comment

The Menards house blend is A+.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• So what's the OSU injury report? I know that one of your key players didn't see action starting early in the first period, and another was injured and sat on the bench sometime later, which left you short at the forward position. It was a very physical game, with lots of contact and everyone on either side giving it their all. Sure hope everyone has plenty of time to get back to 100% prior to the 15th.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    So what's the OSU injury report? I know that one of your key players didn't see action starting early in the first period, and another was injured and sat on the bench sometime later, which left you short at the forward position. It was a very physical game, with lots of contact and everyone on either side giving it their all. Sure hope everyone has plenty of time to get back to 100% prior to the 15th.
                    I haven't heard anything yet and quite possible they won't know until they get fully evaluated at the sports medicine center back on campus. Also sometimes coaches don't reveal the extent of injuries.
                    I hope we have them back healthy too! I'm not overly worried about BC but it's in all likelihood we'll be meeting Wisconsin again in the 2nd round.

Comment

I'm not overly worried about BC.
                      Paging T3....Paging T3......Are you there T3......Over.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Paging T3....Paging T3......Are you there T3......Over.
                        Perhaps I should rephrase and say Wisconsin is a more dangerous team than BC?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The numbers today and yesterday were (I assume we would call it) grey. Enough contrast to not draw the penalty, but not easy for remote radio announcers to read. The illegal ones were a darker "grey" bordering on black. You can find photos out on the web, etc.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...black-uniforms
                          I checked and those are the same jerseys with new numerals & nameplates. They couldn't bear to shelve them for good as the girls really loved them so they sent them back for the changes and sat on them for a really special occasion.
                          I had thought they would have to get rid of them after they were declared illegal and kept checking constantly for quite awhile to see if they were going to be sold hoping to snag one for the wife.
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-08-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• WHAT UP, FRIENDS! How's life?
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              WHAT UP, FRIENDS! How's life?
                              YO Tony!
                              What's your take on the OSU/BC matchup?

Comment

• BC a big underdog for sure, but aside from the UConn fiasco the one thing the Eagles have been best at this year is finding ways to win. They haven't blown the doors off anyone, but they've shown a heart and a "better than the sum of their parts" collectiveness that we have missed the last few years.
                                ​​​​​​
                                Assuming UConn was an anomaly, we're gonna put up a fight. Keep it close late and we've got the playmakers to find the big goal.

Can't wait, this is a super cool matchup.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X