X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sieve1
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Thinking about Lacey Eden as an example of how COVID and its effect on eligibility is gonna be with us for a while: in the fall of 2022, she is going to come back to the UW team as an NCAA champ and likely an Olympic medal winner ... and have four years of eligibility left and five years in which to use it. Just like your average incoming freshman.
    Which, in turn, affects UW’s incoming freshmen in 2022- how many will be asked to take a gap year or red shirt or just not dress for games? Part of the new reality

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Thinking about Lacey Eden as an example of how COVID and its effect on eligibility is gonna be with us for a while: in the fall of 2022, she is going to come back to the UW team as an NCAA champ and likely an Olympic medal winner ... and have four years of eligibility left and five years in which to use it. Just like your average incoming freshman.
    The thought of this gives me Watts type of drools. Where's a napkin?

I had forgot Schneider said she was coming back awhile ago. I would feel REALLY good about the team if she did come back. She was on fire at the Tourney.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Turns out HockeyGuy362 did have the information correct. Maybe next time he won't be questioned about "how" he knows...

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Olympics..... UW loses Eden and Curl, Harvey who essentially gets delayed a year, and Buchbinder who could have came back but now is off the board.

So at F as far as we have confirmed for next year (almost 3 lines):
    Watts, SS, GS, O'Brien, Webster, Wheeler, Picard, Wozniewicz. Pettet and Drake have previously said they are coming back, though not recently confirmed. I don't recall hearing info on Schneider or Posick. Losing Greig may be a significant loss as UW looks very thin @ F. Losing Eden sucks, she really transformed the offense last year and Curl is just an all around great player. O'B and Web seemed to have figured things out at the end of last season so I feel great about those 2. I am very confident Wheeler can be productive player; she was noticeable in the spot play at the end of last season. Picard and Wozniewicz could see big minutes as Fr.

On D there are 6 on the roster: LaMantia, Nealy, Edwards, Kotlowski, Toft and Helgeson. So 4 experienced D and 2 who haven't played in a game, 1 Fr and 1 So.
    We don't know Watts Bowlby's plans are. I'm not feeling crazy warm and fuzzy with this group due to lack of experience and not really knowing anything about Nealey. LaMantia and Edwards can be pp players, can Nealey and Kotlowski play on the pp?

Wisconsin Hockey: Cautiously optimistic they can field a team for next season.
    As best I understand things, Buchbinder will be able to use her "super senior" COVID year in 2022-2023, if she chooses. But would she?

Schneider told her local newspaper back in March or April (?) that she would be playing this year. But I guess nothing is set in stone until we see a posted roster, etc. And as far as I know, we have heard zero from Bolwby about playing this year. That would help the D lineup a whole bunch, to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Olympics..... UW loses Eden and Curl, Harvey who essentially gets delayed a year, and Buchbinder who could have came back but now is off the board.

So at F as far as we have confirmed for next year (almost 3 lines):
    Watts, SS, GS, O'Brien, Webster, Wheeler, Picard, Wozniewicz. Pettet and Drake have previously said they are coming back, though not recently confirmed. I don't recall hearing info on Schneider or Posick. Losing Greig may be a significant loss as UW looks very thin @ F. Losing Eden sucks, she really transformed the offense last year and Curl is just an all around great player. O'B and Web seemed to have figured things out at the end of last season so I feel great about those 2. I am very confident Wheeler can be productive player; she was noticeable in the spot play at the end of last season. Picard and Wozniewicz could see big minutes as Fr.

On D there are 6 on the roster: LaMantia, Nealy, Edwards, Kotlowski, Toft and Helgeson. So 4 experienced D and 2 who haven't played in a game, 1 Fr and 1 So.
    We don't know Watts Bowlby's plans are. I'm not feeling crazy warm and fuzzy with this group due to lack of experience and not really knowing anything about Nealey. LaMantia and Edwards can be pp players, can Nealey and Kotlowski play on the pp?

Wisconsin Hockey: Cautiously optimistic they can field a team for next season.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Dang! No Eden or Curl or Buchbinder or Harvey for the Badgers this season! :-(

And by that I mean Congratulations to Lacey and Britta and Natalie and Caroline on being selected to the 'centralized' Olympics roster!

(And that leaves only Bowlby and Posick as "?" remaining for this season.... assuming past 'commitments' remain as stated - Drake and Schneider, etc))
    Last edited by robertearle; 07-09-2021, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied
    Blair is coming back per her Twitter post on 7/2. That giant question mark is gone. Whew. That makes the goaltending situation a lot more clear. I am a goalie centric guy and I feel sympathy for Blesi who appears will never get the reigns in that spot, though she could have beat out Soup or Blair and just never was able to.
    Sorry Timothy: did you mean rains? Or reins? Or......?

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Last year was essentially a RS season for everyone, whether they played or not.
    Right. Pre-COVID it was four years of eligibility to be used in a five-year window. For anyone who was on a roster of a playing team during 2020-2021 (not the Ivys, for example) you can think of it as five years eligibility to be used in a six-year window.

(With the "Olympic team" extensions on the window still applicable; five years eligible in seven years if one is an Olympic 'centralization' year.)

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    I heard they wanted to RS Gervais last year but they did not for Watts ever reason.
    Last year was essentially a RS season for everyone, whether they played or not.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    I had been watching her instagram account, because it seemed like all the VB players made their announcements via instagram; nothing there, even now. She fooled me!

( I agree with all the rest, but it must be something they are all used to in team sports; there is always somebody coming for your job, whether it is the incoming freshman, the transfer, the top drafted rookie, the free agent just signed, etc etc. Just a fact of life they have to deal with. Blesi will still have her 'super-senior' year next year, if she chooses to.)
    I heard they wanted to RS Gervais last year but they did not for Watts ever reason. Maybe they can this year they can and run with Blesi and Kronish as the backups. Last's yr's Fr are now So's or did everyone get a free pass?

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Blair is coming back per her Twitter post on 7/2. That giant question mark is gone. Whew. That makes the goaltending situation a lot more clear. I am a goalie centric guy and I feel sympathy for Blesi who appears will never get the reigns in that spot, though she could have beat out Soup or Blair and just never was able to.
    I had been watching her instagram account, because it seemed like all the VB players made their announcements via instagram; nothing there, even now. She fooled me!

( I agree with all the rest, but it must be something they are all used to in team sports; there is always somebody coming for your job, whether it is the incoming freshman, the transfer, the top drafted rookie, the free agent just signed, etc etc. Just a fact of life they have to deal with. Blesi will still have her 'super-senior' year next year, if she chooses to.)

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

That would make sense. I am just happy to speculate on who will be on the roster since it's taking so long for it to become public.
    same. I kind of get it, too. I like that USA Hockey put the spotlight on their award winners for a week, and then the para world championships , and now hopefully soon a bit of buzz around the women.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Invites went out to the players a couple weeks ago , per USA Hockey, so it seems pretty normal a connected person would know, right?
    That would make sense. I am just happy to speculate on who will be on the roster since it's taking so long for it to become public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X