Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    So you are a long time UW women's fan? I discovered the women's program a few years prior to them going into Labahn and have been a season ticket holder since. My daughter is my primary hockey buddy and sometimes my wife or one of my sons comes along. I've been a UW men's fan since the mid 80's.
    We're not long-term fans compared to others. We've had season tickets only since the team moved to LaBahn. We've had season tickets to football since 1976 (and, before then, student tickets) and to men's hockey (Saturday) since 2002 or so. We live in Baraboo. I just finished up a 7-year stint on the UW Athletic Board so I've been lurking on, but not joining, Fan Forum for a few years. I was the AB liaison to women's hockey for 5 years, then to swimming & diving for 2. I have no inside information! Seriously, I don't! But women's hockey is near-and-dear and I read and follow whatever I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

We're not long-term fans compared to others. We've had season tickets only since the team moved to LaBahn. We've had season tickets to football since 1976 (and, before then, student tickets) and to men's hockey (Saturday) since 2002 or so. We live in Baraboo. I just finished up a 7-year stint on the UW Athletic Board so I've been lurking on, but not joining, Fan Forum for a few years. I was the AB liaison to women's hockey for 5 years, then to swimming & diving for 2. I have no inside information! Seriously, I don't! But women's hockey is near-and-dear and I read and follow whatever I can.
      Glad to have you here! Always happy to have more people join up and chat with us about the hockey programs.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I was the AB liaison to women's hockey for 5 years.... I have no inside information! Seriously, I don't! But women's hockey is near-and-dear and I read and follow whatever I can.
        Wow, super interesting....so I am very interested in what your job duties as AB liaison to women's hockey actually entailed. Was it like a full time paid gig or part time free will talent offering to UW? Feel free to tell me to cease and desist if I pry too far. I'm simply curious and this could be a fascinating rabbit hole to go down during the off season, until we find out Giguere is heading to UW. LOL.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Welcome to the board Gargoyle. Lurking readers and posting posters are all welcome here!

Comment

Wow, super interesting....so I am very interested in what your job duties as AB liaison to women's hockey actually entailed. Was it like a full time paid gig or part time free will talent offering to UW? Feel free to tell me to cease and desist if I pry too far. I'm simply curious and this could be a fascinating rabbit hole to go down during the off season, until we find out Giguere is heading to UW. LOL.
            No worries--happy to talk about my service on the AB. Each member of the AB is assigned to a Badger team as a liaison. The role of the sport liaison is basically to learn about the student athletic experience in a more hands-on way. Generally speaking, and not counting 2020-2021, the sport liaison attends some of the team practices, travels on one away trip with the team, attends home games if possible, and attends post-season competition if available to do so. I had the opportunity to meet the players and coaches but didn't have privy to any ongoing confidential information (like injury or academic reports, those sorts of things). Serving as a sport liaison was one of the best things about being on the AB, that's for sure! Paid? Ha ha! Being on the AB was a huge commitment and we did get two tickets to all competitions, but basically the AB is a committee like any any other university committee, so no payments. I was on the AB and three of its four subcommittees, so the time commitment was substantial. Happy to answer any questions you have!

Comment

• Former Badger Meghan Duggan lands a nice job with the NJ Devils for the newly created role of Manager, Player Development within the club's Hockey Operations Department. Way to go Meghan!

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/rele...le/c-324822902

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                Former Badger Meghan Duggan lands a nice job with the NJ Devils for the newly created role of Manager, Player Development within the club's Hockey Operations Department. Way to go Meghan!

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/rele...le/c-324822902
                Now she will actually start making real livable money from hockey after playing until 32.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Right? The spreadsheet taunts me every day. :P

As far as a thread title, something about striving for #7 could be appropriate, depending on who is back on the roster.
                  Usually the women's title is very utilitarian. They are striving for #7 no matter who is coming back, right?

My only question is in goal. Blair retweeted the upcoming schedule if we're trying to read the tea leaves.

Comment

• Of course the Olympics can throw the old wrench into the plans....F's Curl, Eden, Webster and O Brien are invited to camp. D's LaMantia and Harvey are invited.

On D, if LaMantia and Harvey both make it, UW has 4 D for the season....Edwards, Nealy, Kotlowski and Toft. I don't think Toft played as all last year as a Fr. That would put UW in a really bad spot. I'm assuming that Buchbinder (Bowlby) are not coming back. Irregardless, I'd love to see both come back. Can Harvey make it being SO young? LaMantia could if they want a D who likes to take the puck down low once and a while or end below the circles an you think to yourself "what's she doing down there?!" Then you look to the blue line to see who is covering. I guess we'll know in late June when they announce the centralized list. They could have 8 D, they could have 4. It's going to be a crazy summer.

Comment

• I don't know if this was ever posted here, but it's a radio show from Cammi Granato and AJ Mleczko, and on this episode they have a very long talk with head coach Mark Johnson (starts at the 9:45 mark...no pun intended):

https://omny.fm/shows/girls-on-the-b...g-mark-johnson

Comment

LaMantia could if they want a D who likes to take the puck down low once and a while or end below the circles an you think to yourself "what's she doing down there?!"
                        Team USA has traditionally liked the D who include a high percentage of O in their games. Look at all of the BC veterans, and sometimes, they have reached for them at a very young age.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• A heads-up for Badger fans - and a very encouraging one, at that!

In today's regular mail, I received a letter from the ticket office regarding the purchase of 2021 volleyball season tickets. While there are references to COVID, they are only the "we've missed you!" kind; no indication at all of the possibility of not having in-person attendance at the Field House this fall.

Note also that even if you made your payment last year for tickets that never came, they are requesting that you complete an application for tickets; you will just have a balance due of zero when you are done.

IIRC, last year in the COVID confusion, such letters arrived with little to no "advance warning". Similarly, this one arrive on May 24 for a ticket sale period that starts on May 25.

So, be on the lookout for similar letter for hockey, maybe soon. Unlike hockey, VB has not even announced a schedule for the fall, yet tickets on sale come tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            A heads-up for Badger fans - and a very encouraging one, at that!

In today's regular mail, I received a letter from the ticket office regarding the purchase of 2021 volleyball season tickets. While there are references to COVID, they are only the "we've missed you!" kind; no indication at all of the possibility of not having in-person attendance at the Field House this fall.

Note also that even if you made your payment last year for tickets that never came, they are requesting that you complete an application for tickets; you will just have a balance due of zero when you are done.

IIRC, last year in the COVID confusion, such letters arrived with little to no "advance warning". Similarly, this one arrive on May 24 for a ticket sale period that starts on May 25.

So, be on the lookout for similar letter for hockey, maybe soon. Unlike hockey, VB has not even announced a schedule for the fall, yet tickets on sale come tomorrow.
                            I am tentatively excited yet in the back of my mind Dane County is/was the most restrictive county in the state and if the "numbers" go to a bad place as perceived by them, it's game over. Will the U be able to make their case that they need the event money that they would be able to not have to follow any new mandates? I'll be juiced when by butt is on a cold aluminum seat. A lot can go on in 4 months.

Comment

• I sure feel sad for Kyleigh Hanzlik.

Comment

I sure feel sad for Kyleigh Hanzlik.
                                Hope they are able to find another opportunity to finish out their college career. That's a horrible situation for them to be in.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X