No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You started with "...until they get around to fleecing some other NCAA rosters" and now end with "I don't see transferring as some evil". That's the source of my questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      You started with "...until they get around to fleecing some other NCAA rosters" and now end with "I don't see transferring as some evil". That's the source of my questions.
      It was in response to Timothy; he took it in the spirit it was intended. In the old days, we could send someone a note in the reputation comment, that functioned as a private message. If we still had that option, that is what I would have done here.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        As for how I feel, I don't think that any of your additions have really changed the balance of power all that much. Eden's case wasn't good for the sport, because the sport is healthier if she stays at Princeton where she'll make a difference.
        She made a huge difference for UW. Web and O'B were having slower than expected starts and UW was a 1 line team until she got there. She gave them legit scoring depth. And her arrival ended up getting Web and O'B in the same line as Schneider, which as we all saw just exploded at the end of the year and they were the reason UW was in a position of being in the final.

I really don't think Eden not going to Princeton set back women's hockey. Haha. Maybe when she wins the PK I'll eat those words (and gladly). The Ivy league totally shot themselves in the foot and screwed over all their athletes with the ultra covid paranoia. The other league's successes clearly showed that their shut down was overkill.

I was hoping the wink at the end of my sarcastic post should have avoided the little bruhaha that developed.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

She made a huge difference for UW. Web and O'B were having slower than expected starts and UW was a 1 line team until she got there. She gave them legit scoring depth. And her arrival ended up getting Web and O'B in the same line as Schneider, which as we all saw just exploded at the end of the year and they were the reason UW was in a position of being in the final.

I really don't think Eden not going to Princeton set back women's hockey. Haha. Maybe when she wins the PK I'll eat those words (and gladly). The Ivy league totally shot themselves in the foot and screwed over all their athletes with the ultra covid paranoia. The other league's successes clearly showed that their shut down was overkill.

I was hoping the wink at the end of my sarcastic post should have avoided the little bruhaha that developed.
          You’re spot on with that ^. Princeton (and probably all other ivies) assumed that enrolling/getting a degree from Princeton was the brass ring and no one would dare give that up...but when the player could be competing for a gold medal that changes things.

Comment

• Helgeson is an above average skater so that helps with the fact that she is smaller in stature (5'4" 125)

Hey, and of interest to TimothyA is her shooting percentage is listed at 76.9. 10 goals on 13 shots on net...Even better than Hemp.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Helgeson is an above average skater so that helps with the fact that she is smaller in stature (5'4" 125)

Hey, and of interest to TimothyA is her shooting percentage is listed at 76.9. 10 goals on 13 shots on net...Even better than Hemp.
              I'm not a big fan of tiny D. I am a fan a above average skaters.

LOL on the shooting percentage. I'm never looking at that again. Haha.

Comment

• Should someone be starting a 2021-2022 thread? Not me! I'm new! And just barely made the forum cut when I answered the knowledge question "Patty Kazmaier" instead of "Hobey Baker." (Q: What is the name of the award for the best D1 hockey player in the country?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                  Should someone be starting a 2021-2022 thread? Not me! I'm new! And just barely made the forum cut when I answered the knowledge question "Patty Kazmaier" instead of "Hobey Baker." (Q: What is the name of the award for the best D1 hockey player in the country?)
                  Tim... Tim... Tim...

Comment

Should someone be starting a 2021-2022 thread? Not me! I'm new! And just barely made the forum cut when I answered the knowledge question "Patty Kazmaier" instead of "Hobey Baker." (Q: What is the name of the award for the best D1 hockey player in the country?)
                    Who should enter the Badger den must answer me these questions three..........Watts is your name?

Comment

• Section 10, Row 9, Seats 3 (my husband) and 4 (me). Also, sorry about the rookie question, but how do you show the post you're replying to in your response?
                      Last edited by Gargoyle; 05-18-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Section 10, Row 9, Seats 3 (my husband) and 4 (me). Also, sorry about the rookie question, but how do you show the post you're replying to in your response?
                        Click the Quote in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. It's next to "Flag" and "Like."

Comment

Click the Quote in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote. It's next to "Flag" and "Like."
                          Thank you so much, Timothy A!

Comment

Thank you so much, Timothy A!
                            So you are a long time UW women's fan? I discovered the women's program a few years prior to them going into Labahn and have been a season ticket holder since. My daughter is my primary hockey buddy and sometimes my wife or one of my sons comes along. I've been a UW men's fan since the mid 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Tim... Tim... Tim...
                              I've been pondering, especially since we've got a list of opponents now. All we need yet is confirmation on the returning Sr's.

Comment

I've been pondering, especially since we've got a list of opponents now. All we need yet is confirmation on the returning Sr's.
                                Right? The spreadsheet taunts me every day. :P

As far as a thread title, something about striving for #7 could be appropriate, depending on who is back on the roster.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X