Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Did Frosty get extended?
    Yes, I think Wendy's did extend their Frosty promotion that supports National Adoption Month (November)
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Yes, I think Wendy's did extend their Frosty promotion that supports National Adoption Month (November)
      Excellent. I do love a chocolate Frosty. I am not happy they ditched the spicy chicken go wrap though.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        Very little "super senior" type info coming from either UW women hockey or volleyball. I *need* to know! :-)
        No kidding. Certainly by now everyone has made plans for next year. Enrollment for the fall semester would have occurred already for the returning students.

I've had this thought rolling around in my head for awhile. I think a strong case could be made that Schneider should have been the MOP for the tourney. She was the stick that was stirring OB and Web. It's kinda like that line just came out of nowhere during the FF. As MJ pointed out, the Fr's development time was shortened due to the lack of games and disjointed practice schedule. The 3 original Fr F's were really coming around. Watts was impressive was that Eden stepped in and looked like she wasn't a Fr.

I am SO looking forward to seeing games in person next season and get the eyes on the players. Watching on the tube doesn't do justice to the quality of the play.

Comment

Very little "super senior" type info coming from either UW women hockey or volleyball. I *need* to know! :-)
          Hilley is coming back. I assume she was a key player being a setter?

Comment

Hilley is coming back. I assume she was a key player being a setter?
            Setter is like the quarterback. Hilley was first team All-American this year, and last (ie 2019). Yes, that's a big deal.

Lauren Barnes was/is the libero, and also announced she's back for one more year. That would be sort-of like the goalie. She was "only" second team All-American, but there was no libero named to the "first team", so she's about as good as it gets at the position. Also a big deal.

There was a clear choice "in waiting" to be the setter in the fall, a girl named MJ Hamill, so she may be not so happy, but no clear choice for libero. COVID starting to ripple through the years, like it will for many teams in many sports.

Comment

• I spent a little time using Google and checking 'social media' to see if there was anything 'new' of super-seniors for 2021-22. And I found two bits of news that I don't think we knew (at least I don't think I knew).

We already know that Brette Pettet has essentially said she's coming back, and that Daryl Watts has pretty much said she'll be back unless she gets 'centralized' to the Canadian Olympics team.

The news is that in local newspaper articles, both Delaney Drake and Caitlin Schneider told their local papers that they are coming back, both saying they want to try for a third national championship.

Schneider article:
              https://ahaienews.com/2021/04/02/aft...he-ncaa-level/

and Drake article (she had foot surgery, back on skates in June)
              https://www.record-eagle.com/sports/...358a9c54f.html

Nothing for Kennedy Blair (other than she just turned 23), Maddie Posick, Grace Bowlby or Natalie Buchbinder.
              Last edited by robertearle; 05-05-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I spent a little time using Google and checking 'social media' to see if there was anything 'new' of super-seniors for 2021-22. And I found two bits of news that I don't think we knew (at least I don't think I knew).

We already know that Brette Pettet has essentially said she's coming back, and that Daryl Watts has pretty much said she'll be back unless she gets 'centralized' to the Canadian Olympics team.

The news is that in local newspaper articles, both Delaney Drake and Caitlin Schneider told their local papers that they are coming back, both saying they want to try for a third national championship.

Schneider article:

Nothing for Kennedy Blair (other than she just turned 23), Maddie Posick, Grace Bowlby or Natalie Buchbinder.
                WOW. You are DA MAN!! What great research!

Comment

I spent a little time using Google and checking 'social media' to see if there was anything 'new' of super-seniors for 2021-22. And I found two bits of news that I don't think we knew (at least I don't think I knew).

Schneider article:

Updating the spreadsheet for all of this is going to be fun....

Thanks for the help!
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• We have a schedule!

9/24-25 @ Lindenwood 10/1-2 @ Merrimack
                    10/8-10 St Cloud
                    10/15-16 @ UMD
                    10/22-24 OSU
                    10/29-30 @ MSU
                    11/5-7 BSU
                    11/19-20 @ St. Thomas
                    12/3-5 UM
                    12/10-11 @ BSU
                    1/1-2 Quinnipiac
                    1/14-16 St. Thomas
                    1/21-22 @ UM
                    1/28-29 @ St. Cloud
                    2/4-6 UMD
                    2/11-13 MSU
                    2/18-19 @ OSU

Thoughts....I like Quinnipiac series, Q typically is a contender in the CHA, could be a good measuring stick series for the leagues. Hate playing UM off a bye week. Merrimack is another unfamiliar opponent, I like those but I prefer to see them at home. I would prefer a cupcake to end the season, though it's a plus to control your own destiny in a tight race for the league title (hopefully the title will be well in hand by that point. Smiley Face/Wink/Eyes popping). Overall it has a really good flow week to week.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Updating the spreadsheet for all of this is going to be fun....

Thanks for the help!
                      Watts is not going to be centralized for Canada, which is mystifying but great for UW.

Comment

We have a schedule!

9/24-25 @ Lindenwood 10/1-2 @ Merrimack
                        10/8-10 St Cloud
                        10/15-16 @ UMD
                        10/22-24 OSU
                        10/29-30 @ MSU
                        11/5-7 BSU
                        11/19-20 @ St. Thomas
                        12/3-5 UM
                        12/10-11 @ BSU
                        1/1-2 Quinnipiac
                        1/14-16 St. Thomas
                        1/21-22 @ UM
                        1/28-29 @ St. Cloud
                        2/4-6 UMD
                        2/11-13 MSU
                        2/18-19 @ OSU

Thoughts....I like Quinnipiac series, Q typically is a contender in the CHA, could be a good measuring stick series for the leagues. Hate playing UM off a bye week. Merrimack is another unfamiliar opponent, I like those but I prefer to see them at home. I would prefer a cupcake to end the season, though it's a plus to control your own destiny in a tight race for the league title (hopefully the title will be well in hand by that point. Smiley Face/Wink/Eyes popping). Overall it has a really good flow week to week.
                        It is very much the "normal" time for the schedule to be coming out (a week or two late, even).

Nice to have something "normal" happen!

-----------------

Minn on Dec 3-5 weekend - that is always "the weekend" when *everybody* is playing and most of them in Madison: there is home NCAA volleyball, and home women hockey and the B1G football championship game, and probably men's hockey and basketball and .... So, sure, the Gophers that weekend. Arrgh!
                        Last edited by robertearle; 05-12-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

Watts is not going to be centralized for Canada, which is mystifying but great for UW.
                          (Setting aside being baffled by Watts not being included) should I be a little surprised by Soup being included? Because I am. Happily so; good for her. But a little surprised.

Comment

• UW has added a D, a true freshman, Sophie Helgeson per her tweeter account. Hailing from Roseau MN, she was 10-26 for 36 pts in 21 games last year. She was previously committed to RPI. Either she is taking Grant's spot or one of Bowlby/Buchbinder is not returning. Ironically she has a twin sis who plays for Q.

I just cannot understand how Watts is not invited to the Canada camp. If I had to pick between her and Nurse, I'd pick Watts. You just can't ignore that kind of scoring talent, unless you are the brainless wits running Hockey Canada.

Not totally shocked Soup got invited. She has played in and won a lot of big games and her stats are very impressive, though a tier under ARD's.

Comment

unless you are the brainless wits running Hockey Canada.
                              Considering how silent they were when the PM of Novia Scotia was pooch screwing the Women's Worlds I'd say your assessment could be very accurate.

Comment

UW has added a D, a true freshman, Sophie Helgeson per her tweeter account. Hailing from Roseau MN, she was 10-26 for 36 pts in 21 games last year. She was previously committed to RPI. Either she is taking Grant's spot or one of Bowlby/Buchbinder is not returning. Ironically she has a twin sis who plays for Q.

I just cannot understand how Watts is not invited to the Canada camp. If I had to pick between her and Nurse, I'd pick Watts. You just can't ignore that kind of scoring talent, unless you are the brainless wits running Hockey Canada.

Not totally shocked Soup got invited. She has played in and won a lot of big games and her stats are very impressive, though a tier under ARD's.
                                I think she might be the daughter of former Badger Jon Helgeson who was a member of the 1990 NCAA championship team

Comment

Working...
                                X