Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

My understanding is #1 vs #4, #2 vs #3 of WCHA standings. We know Ohio State is #3 in the WCHA standings and Minn is #4. Winner gets Minn, loser gets OSU.
    Got it. Rumor has it only 2 WCHA teams will be invited to the National Tournament suggesting MN & UMD’s only route is to win the WCHA Jamboree.

Comment

• Finally the sinners get called for a penalty. UMD goes on the PP early in the 3rd.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Don't know who remembers, but last year Uw needed a point to win the conference outright, were down two with under a minute to play at Duluth, get the two they needed to tie and then won in 3-on-3 OT.
        Last edited by robertearle; 02-27-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• So now it is at least a tie for the season championship for UW, UW wins it outright if they can win the OT or the shootout. If Duluth wins OT/shootout, they are #1 for the tourney and they share regular season championship.

Comment

• UMD looks gassed going into OT...We will see what they have left.

Not much...Wisconsin scores pretty easily and wins.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-27-2021, 04:23 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              UMD looks gassed going into OT...We will see what they have left.
              Not enough.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Goal Wisconsin 41 seconds into overtime.

Comment

• "Extra attacker" works way more often that it should...
                  Last edited by robertearle; 02-27-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• On the UW BTN stream of the men's game, they just said UW vs Minn at 1 PM Saturday, Duluth and OSU at 5 PM.

(They being Brian Posick, father of Badger forward Maddie Posick, So he likely has pretty good sources.)

--------------------

(adding Cole Caufield just got his second of the game. Has any school ever had the Patty Kaz and Hobie Baker winners in the same year?)
                    Last edited by robertearle; 02-27-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                      Got it. Rumor has it only 2 WCHA teams will be invited to the National Tournament suggesting MN & UMD’s only route is to win the WCHA Jamboree.
                      If that is the case, how confident can OSU be if it loses the semi to UMD?

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      "Extra attacker" works way more often that it should...
                      I would guess that's because there are two factors at play. The trailing team has the extra skater, and all of those skaters can prioritize offense over defense. Obviously, the defending team can heavily favor defense over offense, but that's usually the case in your own zone anyway for most players.

It's become almost an annual tradition that Wisconsin has clearly established itself as the league's best team by some point in January but still manages to add more drama than seems necessary into clinching the title.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post

It's become almost an annual tradition that Wisconsin has clearly established itself as the league's best team by some point in January but still manages to add more drama than seems necessary into clinching the title.
                        2021 - UW by 2 points
                        2020 - UW by 2 points
                        2019 - Minn by 2 points
                        2016 - UW by 1 point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          If that is the case, how confident can OSU be if it loses the semi to UMD?
                          I think OSU shouldn’t have anything to worry about if they lose to UMD as long as WI wins it all. OSU crushes UMD in the SOS category with UMD having so few games vs MN & WI. That has to count a lot in tournament selection. Now, if MN wins the Jamboree, then I think OSU should be nervous even if they make the championship game. I don’t see them leapfrogging WI even if WI goes out in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            UMD looks gassed going into OT...We will see what they have left.

Not much...Wisconsin scores pretty easily and wins.
                            UMD played about the best they could, going to be a bitter pill to swallow for UMD, they all almost played the perfect game till the end. However, almost only counts in horseshoes & Big WCHA games. You could see it coming especially after the game tying goal. Needless to say I would say WISCO and a couple other teams will definitely have something to say in the anything can happen one game eliminations coming up.

Comment

• UW had a bad start off a bye Friday and could not dig themselves out of the hole. 2 of their losses they did not play the week before and lost the first game. No more bye please.

Pettet and Watts are CLUTCH. Reminds me of Roque last year and Pankowski the year before.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Final (sort of) numbers for Arlen's "percentage per team" standings.

We did indeed end up with a match that never was played - Ohio State vs St Cloud. For the heck of it, I'm assuming a 1.0 'sweep' for Ohio State. That gets us the fun result of Ohio State and Minnesota in a flat-footed tie for second.

Wisconsin is at 4.666 (6 repeating)
                                Minnesota is at 4.583 (3 repeating)
                                Ohio State is at 4.583 (3 repeating)
                                Duluth is at 3.666 (6 repeating)
                                Mankato is at 1.333 (3 repeating)
                                St Cloud is at 1.271
                                Bemidji is at 0.896

(I hope I did it all correctly!)

Comment

Working...
                                X