Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    What if all the opponents aren't 'common'?

What do you do if, for example, Wisconsin's one and only series against Bemidji gets wiped out by COVID? Give Wisconsin a 1.0 because they probably would have won? Give them a zero because 'too bad, so sad'? Split the baby and give them 0.5?
    I'd say that the most fair decision in that case would be that both UW and BSU would be given a percentage for that series that is the average of their other series percentages. So if UW goes 1.000 versus UM, MSU, and SCSU, .750 against UMD, and .625 against OSU, then they would get an a percentage of .875 for the unplayed BSU series. Meanwhile, if BSU didn't play OSU in addition to UW, was .500 against UM, SCUS, and MSU, and .250 against UMD, the Beavers percentage against UW and OSU would both be .4375. Or you could look at this as simply taking the average of the series percentages. It's not fair if you don't get to play a weaker opponent, but there are already other things that aren't fair, like a disparity in home and away games. However, I think it is worth trying to make the math as unbiased as possible.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

But not "points". "Points percentage".

Minn has 24 points out of 27 possible. 24 divided by 27 gets you .889

Wisconsin 13 of 18, or .722

Ohio State 14 of 24, or .583

etc
      Whoever came up with this horsesh*t must be a Michigan alum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Whoever came up with this horsesh*t must be a Michigan alum!
        It has to be right? A rodent alum can barely add and subtract double digit whole numbers, it's way over their head. Do Buckeyes even understand math as a concept? Wink wink LOL smileyface
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Do Buckeyes even understand math as a concept? Wink wink LOL smileyface
          Depends on who you ask. We can at least count out exact change to pay the Michigan grads at our doors for the pizza!
          Now my youngest is a math teacher but he's a Miami of Ohio grad.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-19-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• A few Lacy Eden tidbits from the MJ presser. The EZAC does not use letters of intents, so that left the door wide open for her to transfer. She played like that after just one practice with the team. WOW. Pregame they discussed how she was working out and trying to stay in shape. MJ said he thought he'd throw her out there and depending on what he saw he'd send her out there accordingly. He liked what he saw, so she got more playing time. She's a heck of a talent. Whoever said we'd like what we saw out of the mystery player was 1000% correct. I have to think she'll be on a line this weekend and not just the 13th F. Her with O'Brien and Curl or O'Brien and Webster would be fascinating. Can't really break up the top line.

Comment

• The NCAA is playing dice with the hockey universe. Dare we look inside the box in March?

Comment

• Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                The NCAA is playing dice with the hockey universe. Dare we look inside the box in March?
                The dice need to be put away, actually throw them into the deepest part of the ocean.

Comment

• I wonder how many other ivy players 'de-committed' after being admitted to their school to find an opportunity to play. Great pick up by Wisco. Yes, no nli at the ivys (along with no scholly) so each player is basically a free agent.

Comment

A few Lacy Eden tidbits from the MJ presser. The EZAC does not use letters of intents, so that left the door wide open for her to transfer. She played like that after just one practice with the team. WOW. Pregame they discussed how she was working out and trying to stay in shape. MJ said he thought he'd throw her out there and depending on what he saw he'd send her out there accordingly. He liked what he saw, so she got more playing time. She's a heck of a talent. Whoever said we'd like what we saw out of the mystery player was 1000% correct. I have to think she'll be on a line this weekend and not just the 13th F. Her with O'Brien and Curl or O'Brien and Webster would be fascinating. Can't really break up the top line.
                    Personally speaking, Good for Lacy Eden and all the female hockey players who have the opportunity to pursue their passions and play. If programs and teams choose to play or not to play regardless of reasons, it's nice that individual players have the ability to make choices and play hockey and chase their dreams. As for the ECAC (EZAC) based on what I have seen this year. I would not exactly classify it as easy. Watch a period of Clarkson /Colgate for yourself and decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post
                      As for the ECAC (EZAC) based on what I have seen this year. I would not exactly classify it as easy. Watch a period of Clarkson /Colgate for yourself and decide.
                      I like to poke the bear once and awhile. UW's last 2 NCAA defeats were to the hands of Colgate and Clarkson. I sure do wish last year UW and Cornell would have played in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Just when you are in the groove with a young team @ F, they get sent to the giant rink at SCSU, which is a very different experience. And they couldn't practice at the KC to get ready either like they usually do for the big sheet practices, so the Fr are flying in blind. It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Just when you are in the groove with a young team @ F, they get sent to the giant rink at SCSU, which is a very different experience. And they couldn't practice at the KC to get ready either like they usually do for the big sheet practices, so the Fr are flying in blind. It's a great day for hockey!
                          I'll watch the first period on FloHockey to see if the rink size matters - it won't - and then switch over to FSN to watch the Gopher men, who trounced AZ State 10-0 yesterday.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            I'll watch the first period on FloHockey to see if the rink size matters - it won't - and then switch over to FSN to watch the Gopher men, who trounced AZ State 10-0 yesterday.
                            I'd appreciate the report, I'm too cheap to drop the coin for Flo. How good is the huskyette's video feed?

Go ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA LOL smiley face.

Comment

I'd appreciate the report, I'm too cheap to drop the coin for Flo. How good is the huskyette's video feed?

Go ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA LOL smiley face.
                              There is St Cloud radio of the game(s)

http://975radio*****/main/

And they just told me about this, which I had not heard: Last weekend St Cloud and Bemidji went to a shoot-out, but the refs screwed it up and stopped it after only two rounds. So afterward they decided to split the 3rd standings point between the two teams, St Cloud now has 1.5 standings point and Bemidji has 6.5 points. As if the standings were messed up enough!

Comment

• WisconSIN up 1-0 over Cloudytown. They scored a PP goal that was similar to what they got against Minnesota. Rebound that found the stick of an open player. Otherwise kind of a ho-hum period. Certainly not what I saw from the Sinners last weekend.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X