Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    MJ had some pretty scathing (for him anyway) comments at Madison.com about yesterday's game. I have never seen him be openly critical of the team like that.
    Hopefully his "scathing" words won't sink in. We have a series to play next weekend.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

MJ had some pretty scathing (for him anyway) comments at Madison.com about yesterday's game. I have never seen him be openly critical of the team like that.
      Went to Madison.com and what did I find as a headline staring at me? "Green Bay man charged with 18th drunken Driving offense." Yikes...

Those comments would apply to Minnesota in a few of the games they have played this year as well. Also seems more like what the Muzzinator would say.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Went to Madison.com and what did I find as a headline staring at me? "Green Bay man charged with 18th drunken Driving offense." Yikes...

Those comments would apply to Minnesota in a few of the games they have played this year as well. Also seems more like what the Muzzinator would say.
        18th offense? How is that possible? How are you not in jail for life practically after maybe 8?

I can sure hear Muzzy saying what MJ said whilst chewing on a giant ball of gum.

I think MJ needs to blow up the lines and go in a completely different direction. I sure thought with as much as Webster and O'Brien played together they would be a well oiled machine. Not so much. It isn't like they are terrible, just not up to the WI standard in terms of being impactful, which is very very high.

And no one leaves practice until they complete 400 passes in a row as a team.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Here's the plan Mark. You will thank me next Sunday.

Watts O'Brien Curl
          Webster Pettet SS
          Greig Wheeler Schneider
          Posick Drake GS

Comment

• Hearing a big time transfer heading to Wisco very soon, for this season. You will be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
              Hearing a big time transfer heading to Wisco very soon, for this season. You will be happy.
              If it's for this season it can't be from MN, OSU or PSU with the must sit out 1 year B17 policy, unless that policy got torched.

I'm not sure how I would feel about taking on an in season transfer in light of how disjointed they look, but it's the player's decision. I wonder how one gets into the transfer portal?

Comment

If it's for this season it can't be from MN, OSU or PSU with the must sit out 1 year B17 policy, unless that policy got torched.

I'm not sure how I would feel about taking on an in season transfer in light of how disjointed they look, but it's the player's decision. I wonder how one gets into the transfer portal?
                I think he is referring to the one from BSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post
                  I think he is referring to the one from BSU.
                  Who is.........?

Comment

Who is.........?
                    My info is not about a BSU player but I can't give out more info - just a teaser. Should happen very soon if it happens.

Comment

• Johnson should forget about recruiting prep and high school players and just focus on bringing in college transfers who can plug holes in his lineup.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

My info is not about a BSU player but I can't give out more info - just a teaser. Should happen very soon if it happens.
                        Does Kessel have any eligibility left?

It would kinda make sense for it to be from one of the Ivies like Princeton or Cornell or Harvard...
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Johnson should forget about recruiting prep and high school players and just focus on bringing in college transfers who can plug holes in his lineup.
                          It's a very curious trend. Kepler kinda made sense, a home grown player who had to sit out the year, then play. OSU was a coaching dumpster fire when she was there. She did help fill the Olympic talent gap. Soup they basically lucked into with the Sue's demise; they had recruited her to come to UW. I think they were fine with the goalies they had on the team, Cece was the heir apparent, Soup just came in and won the job. Watts was out of the blue obviously. Was there a glaring need? Not necessarily. Her coming pushed others' opportunities back. Now a mystery maybe player. or 2? Is there a glaring need right now at F? I don't think so, the team just as to play better, a lot better. That will come with time or so we hope and are confident that it will happen. Is there a glaring need at D? No. Is there a glaring need at G? No.

No doubt MJ has missed on F's the last 4 years, too many for sure, which I can lay out when I have more time.

Comment

Is there a glaring need at D? No.
                            I'd say D is the position at which the Badgers could most easily be upgraded. You're not very deep.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I'd say D is the position at which the Badgers could most easily be upgraded. You're not very deep.
                              I don't think there's every been tons of depth @ D over the last maybe 4 years. Usually it's ride top 2 pair and spot the 3rd pair. With Buchbinder out, they have been forced to play some inexperienced players, so it has been an issue so far. Getting through the N zone into the O zone cleanly is made easier with heady passes from experienced D. With this whole idea of Sr's can come back next year will greatly bolster the D and Harvey is arriving, who is a top end D the likes UW has not seen in awhile, according to posts here anyway. The reality is this year is a glorified exhibition season with not all the D1 teams even playing and the ones who do play may be missing players due to C19.

The team needs to play with a lot more poise with the puck with their heads on a swivel. Of course it's every team's goal to minimize the puck carrier's time to think.

I an hopeful the PP dam will break and the 5% pp will wake up after being 35% last year. MN is great on the PK, so they are due for allowing some as well. A perfect storm for UW.

Comment

... Harvey is arriving, who is a top end D the likes UW has not seen in awhile, according to posts here anyway.
                                She probably is. I remember reading here that Grace Shirley was a better player than her sister, so not all posts are created equal. More than any other position, it seems like the time required for a D to adjust to D-I can vary. Some are steady a month into their careers, while others don't look truly comfortable until they're seniors.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X