X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I count 14 for the Gophers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
      From listening to Timothy, Wisconsin is twice as good as he thinks they are. Therefore Wisconsin could play fewer games but get more points and higher poll ratings.
      There we go, a little smack talk, the first legit smack post and the season's only 3 months old! Haha, I love it. A little normalcy.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how good UW is. Yes the roster is stout, but without the eye test, and I am purely an eye test fan, who knows. I did post they didn't deserve to be #1 going into this season based on all that they lost from last season. Covid is clearly #1 now, but with the vaccine rolling I hope they will be out of the top 10 by the end of March.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by drewkal View Post
        I count 14 for the Gophers.
        But they did get more games in than UW before the break.

Comment

• Red Alert............hockey news.....RED Alert..........hockey news.......RED Alert...........hockey news.........

UW has letters of intent from 3 players.....2 we knew of and one we had no clue on, as far as public knowledge goes.....

D Caroline Harvey & F's Marianne Picard & Sarah Wozniewicz. Christina Vote was to come, but decided to go to BU instead, one would guess to stay closer to home. Wozniewicz is the out of the blue commitment. She seems like she's a great fit @ UW with all sorts of international experience. It is still rather curious that MJ only has 10 F on the roster for next year without taking into consideration the possibility that there may be some Sr's from this year who stay on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Red Alert............hockey news.....RED Alert..........hockey news.......RED Alert...........hockey news.........

UW has letters of intent from 3 players.....2 we knew of and one we had no clue on, as far as public knowledge goes.....

D Caroline Harvey & F's Marianne Picard & Sarah Wozniewicz. Christina Vote was to come, but decided to go to BU instead, one would guess to stay closer to home. Wozniewicz is the out of the blue commitment. She seems like she's a great fit @ UW with all sorts of international experience. It is still rather curious that MJ only has 10 F on the roster for next year without taking into consideration the possibility that there may be some Sr's from this year who stay on.
            Actually it's not surprising at all. The '03 class is relatively thin for top talent. Coupled with that, there will undoubtedly be some players in the transfer portal given all the COVID related activity this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
              Actually it's not surprising at all. The '03 class is relatively thin for top talent. Coupled with that, there will undoubtedly be some players in the transfer portal given all the COVID related activity this season.
              It really has nothing to do with Covid & transfers because we've known about only 10 F on the roster for 21-22 for the last 3 years. He may have had 11 F if Vote didn't bail or perhaps Wozniewicz was a plan B if one of the F bailed. It's not like he uses the 4th line much anyway but you are 2 injuries away from less than 3 full lines and sometimes they lose players to international events. But he does get a get out of jail free card with Covid and the potential ability to retain some players who would have graduated (please retain Watts!!!!) or yes have a transfer or 2 jump onto the roster. How he was going to handle the 10 F we will never know.

Comment

• It's a Great Day For Hockey! I sure hope this Flohockey is a decent feed from Purple Cow land. If it's like the OSU feed I'm not sure it will be work it, though I am hockey starved. LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I sure hope this Flohockey is a decent feed from Purple Cow land. If it's like the OSU feed I'm not sure it will be worth it, though I am hockey starved.
                  It is embarrassing how bad Ohio State's video production is compared to what you saw today from Mankato. (Hopefully you saw it...)
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

It is embarrassing how bad Ohio State's video production is compared to what you saw today from Mankato. (Hopefully you saw it...)
                    We're no happier than you are about it. If things were normal I could be at the rink in 5 minutes to see it in person instead of being forced to watch it streaming like everyone else has to suffer through.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      I did not. I didn't know the quality and I thought Flohockey was too pricey @ 39.99 per month or 150 for the year. I am hockey starved, but I also have a monetary conscience.

A sweep is a sweep is a sweep.

Wheeler missed the series, they have almost zero depth @ F, they did not have a full 4th line. Hopefully she is back for the next series. Naturally we will get no info from MJ on what is going on with her.

Great to see Webster & O'Brien tickle the cords of the net for their first college goals.
                      Last edited by Timothy A; 01-04-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Per robertearle

"The team twitter account never did post a line chart for Saturday, but the WCHA box score/stats lists Wheeler as not having dressed Saturday. There was a line chart posted on Sunday that had Wheeler centering the 4th line (with Greig and Grace Shirley - Maddie Posick 3rd line (!) with O'Brian centering), and WCHA box score shows Wheeler taking one faceoff."

Maybe MJ was working Wheeler back into the line-up slowly. We also might bet Buchbinder back this weekend or at least in January if all went according to plan.

Comment

• Well I'm looking forward to this weekends games. OSU looked good last weekend (from what you could see with the crappy video) and Wisconsin is of course Wisconsin and with the Badgers having home ice what's the thoughts going into the series from the Wisconsin fans?

Comment

• I’m a BSU fan but predict an OSU sweep. Not because they crushed BSU (who, sadly, didn’t put up much of a fight) but because OSU is even faster and more relentless then last year and is regularly outshooting opponents by a significant margin. I also think WI’s #1 ranking is way too premature at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Well I'm looking forward to this weekends games. OSU looked good last weekend (from what you could see with the crappy video) and Wisconsin is of course Wisconsin and with the Badgers having home ice what's the thoughts going into the series from the Wisconsin fans?
                              UW has had zero flow to the season so far, only have played 4 games (OSU hasn't been much better playing 6). The line-up is still rather thin and inexperienced at F and D. The PP sucks. Goaltending is solid, though based on stats and not the eye test. A split seems in the offing, but I could see a sweep either way, but more likely UW does it. At some point the PP is going to wake up and the flood gates open for the Fab 3 Fr. As far as I know, no player has established a dominant will like Roque or Pankowski, but the season is still very young.

Comment

• Games are 2pm Friday (dumb time for working stiffs like me, and being on BTN+ I can't DVR.) and noon Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X