No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think I feel? I meet my wife in the Navy, and she from Ohio and was talking serious smack to me last night. Hope the ladies will get the win today.
    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
      How do you think I feel? I meet my wife in the Navy, and she from Ohio and was talking serious smack to me last night. Hope the ladies will get the win today.
      Game time was 1:30 Central. Badgers won 5-0.

Comment

• I was able "watch" Friday's game intently. I say "watch" because with the crappy non-zoom camera I'm not sure I would call what I did watching. Anyway, the first period was a trainwreck for UW. Clearly OSU had played the week before and UW did not. The ladies were just chasing in the D zone the whole time. The 2nd and 3rd periods were better and I was happy to "see" them get some good looks in the 3rd period to try and tie a game that they were outplayed for the majority of it. Saturday it was on in the background for the last period and a half, just too many things to do around the manor. It was great to see the 15 sog stat line for the first period, but then 6 and 4 to finish the last 2 periods is not really what UW is looking for, though territorially it was rather on even strength when I got a chance to peek a look.

I was shocked to see the all Fr line. It's not watt I was expecting. I was also shocked to see Buchbinder not in the line-up. That meant UW had 2 D (and not high end recruits at that) playing their first collegiate games on the road against a top 4 team. YIKES. Apparently she is out until January at the earliest.

Considering all the circumstances, a split is palatable.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• From Watts I have been told, we will actually get to "see" hockey this weekend on BTN+. I am actually now very much more excited for the games this weekend.

It just dawned on me that Watts was destined to come to UW because Watt is a big name in UW sports.

I'd venture to guess MJ won't tweak the line-up at all since they played very responsible defensive hockey the last game @ OSU.

Comment

• It's pretty underhanded for Muzzy to infect the UW players like she did. I can't imagine this getting cleared up in time for the Dawgette series. The B16 has a 21 day you can't play rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              It's pretty underhanded for Muzzy to infect the UW players like she did. I can't imagine this getting cleared up in time for the Dawgette series. The B16 has a 21 day you can't play rule.
              Todd Milewski reports two positives, both players, with a third awaiting (I assume) the confirming test.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Todd Milewski reports two positives, both players, with a third awaiting (I assume) the confirming test.
                One would assume they are roommates, that how the men lost 4 guys. I would be sure and have the goalies NOT living together.

Comment

It's pretty underhanded for Muzzy to infect the UW players like she did. I can't imagine this getting cleared up in time for the Dawgette series. The B16 has a 21 day you can't play rule.
                  The WCHA site isn't accessible for me at the moment, but I received a press release saying that the UMD series starting 12/11, as well as the OSU series scheduled for 12/18, are both postponed.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Well, it's over for 2020. UW has too many players with Covid or who are under Covid house arrest to have 15 players available for the Dawgette series. What a hugge disappointment. I would recommended to the wwcha that they don't schedule any games until sometime in February. Give this thing 6-8 weeks to run it's course, though I'm not sure that is enough time to get on the downside of the curve.

Comment

Well, it's over for 2020. UW has too many players with Covid or who are under Covid house arrest to have 15 players available for the Dawgette series. What a hugge disappointment. I would recommended to the wwcha that they don't schedule any games until sometime in February. Give this thing 6-8 weeks to run it's course, though I'm not sure that is enough time to get on the downside of the curve.
                      The Ohio State series for Dec 18-19 also a no-go.

(Ohio State vs Minnesota also off this weekend. I'm definitely not getting my money's worth out of that BTN Plus subscription! )
                      Last edited by robertearle; 12-07-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• I suppose they could just call it a day and make UMD the league champs this year since they're in first place. I don't know how seriously anybody's taking this season anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurky McLurkface View Post
                          I suppose they could just call it a day and make UMD the league champs this year since they're in first place.
                          Statistically, that would make sense; the Bulldogs have scored more goals than the next three teams in the standings combined. It might be more fitting with the way 2020 has gone to name BSU the league champs, given the Beavers are the last remaining undefeated team.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Statistically, that would make sense; the Bulldogs have scored more goals than the next three teams in the standings combined. It might be more fitting with the way 2020 has gone to name BSU the league champs, given the Beavers are the last remaining undefeated team.
                            I like that idea even better. Could anything else sum up this "season" more appropriately? Out east they'd make the trophy companies happy since they have so many undefeated teams on the books, but hey...congrats to all of them. I knew they could do it.

Comment

• Someone needs to do some 'splaining as to why UW only gets 16 more games and everyone else gets more. It defies logic.

Comment

Someone needs to do some 'splaining as to why UW only gets 16 more games and everyone else gets more. It defies logic.
                                From listening to Timothy, Wisconsin is twice as good as he thinks they are. Therefore Wisconsin could play fewer games but get more points and higher poll ratings.

Comment

Working...
                                X