Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lurky McLurkface View Post
    I'd settle for pond hockey at this point.
    HOCKEY AT LA BAHN, IN NOVEMBER!!

Because the men's team will be playing at La Bahn. Sorry (not really) if I fooled you for a minute.

Which makes sense. No crowd means smaller building will be just as good as the bigger building, and they'll save money by not switching the Kohl Center back and forth between ice and basketball.
    Last edited by robertearle; 10-26-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• StarTribune says today there may be a WCHA schedule announcement by the end of the week. Sounds like they will start the season with the BIG10 teams playing each other and the 4 NSIC teams playing each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
        StarTribune says today there may be a WCHA schedule announcement by the end of the week. Sounds like they will start the season with the BIG10 teams playing each other and the 4 NSIC teams playing each other.
        Wow, that's such a revolutionary idea. LOL. At some point they MUST figure out a way to integrate the bigs and the smalls. All they are doing is buying time, which is ok as long as the teams play each other an equal amount of times.

Wisconsin is starting at #1, where they would have ended last year.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Wow, that's such a revolutionary idea. LOL. At some point they MUST figure out a way to integrate the bigs and the smalls. All they are doing is buying time, which is ok as long as the teams play each other an equal amount of times.

Wisconsin is starting at #1, where they would have ended last year.
          You're spot on. WCHA Commission Flowers said, "“It won’t be a complete schedule. We’ve broken it down and tried to address what we can address given the information we have. We’ve talked a lot about just focusing on getting started. Sometimes if you work to solve the entire puzzle, you don’t get started on the puzzle. We’re going to break it down a bit because there are some things that continue to evolve.’’

Comment

You're spot on. WCHA Commission Flowers said, "“It won’t be a complete schedule. We’ve broken it down and tried to address what we can address given the information we have. We’ve talked a lot about just focusing on getting started. Sometimes if you work to solve the entire puzzle, you don’t get started on the puzzle. We’re going to break it down a bit because there are some things that continue to evolve.’’
            My beef is they have had months to figure this out. It's a failure on multiple levels that it hasn't happened yet and what they decided to do as step one could have been implemented and executed weeks ago.

Comment

... as long as the teams play each other an equal amount of times.
              Or they could use another system, such as B1G teams play each other twice as many times, same with the non-B1G group, but the point value for those games are half of the point value for the crossover games.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              My beef is they have had months to figure this out. It's a failure on multiple levels that it hasn't happened yet and what they decided to do as step one could have been implemented and executed weeks ago.
              Organizations that have much larger budgets have not been able to figure this out. I don't envy the WCHA Commissioner, as her two seasons at the helm have presented challenges that nobody could have foreseen.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Or they could use another system, such as B1G teams play each other twice as many times, same with the non-B1G group, but the point value for those games are half of the point value for the crossover games.
                But if the B3 teams roughly split against eachother and Mankato cleans up on the rest of the smalls then they win the league title simply by not having to get hammered by the b3 teams with an unbalanced schedule.

Comment

• WCHA WH Schedule is out. http://www.wcha.com/women/

Comment

• I just realized with this year really not counting towards eligibility, Watts could very well be back next year. I like that idea. In fact, next year UW only has 10F on the books (as far as we know anyway) for next season, so they could return all 5 senior F if they wanted too. On the D side, there are 6D, so they could return both and in goal there is no reason why Blair could not come back. Of course some of these ladies may just want to move on with life and get into the workforce if they have completed their degrees.

Comment

• Just saw this posted yesterday unfortunately. "Wisconsin... men’s and women’s basketball and men’s and women’s hockey home games will be played this season without fans for an indefinite period of time." Safe to assume that includes family? And with MN Gov Walz's announcement of a 10-person maximum for indoor and outdoor events, I don't see how even family will be allowed to attend any games taking place at any of the MN schools. Bummer.

Comment

Just saw this posted yesterday unfortunately. "Wisconsin... men’s and women’s basketball and men’s and women’s hockey home games will be played this season without fans for an indefinite period of time." Safe to assume that includes family? And with MN Gov Walz's announcement of a 10-person maximum for indoor and outdoor events, I don't see how even family will be allowed to attend any games taking place at any of the MN schools. Bummer.
                        Prior to the first (and so far, only) UW football game, they had been planning to allow family into Camp Randall for the game. But as things worsened in Wisconsin and Madison. even that was 'cancelled' a day or two before the game. And of course, things have only gotten worse in Wisconsin, in Madison and within UW athletics.

If family can't get "inside" open-air Camp Randall, they're not getting into LaBahn.

Comment

Just saw this posted yesterday unfortunately. "Wisconsin... men’s and women’s basketball and men’s and women’s hockey home games will be played this season without fans for an indefinite period of time." Safe to assume that includes family? And with MN Gov Walz's announcement of a 10-person maximum for indoor and outdoor events, I don't see how even family will be allowed to attend any games taking place at any of the MN schools. Bummer.
                          The UW has to figure out a way to get the home games onto some sort of platform for our viewing pleasure. Naturally I am willing to drop some coin to do it. I see UW is selling the fan cardboard cutouts for the stands. I haven't taken a peek at the cost of it.

Comment

• Did I see correctly that the Wisconsin Supreme Court overturned Evers latest shutdown order?
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Did I see correctly that the Wisconsin Supreme Court overturned Evers latest shutdown order?
                              The extension of the shutdown was shot down moths ago. What he is doin now is just asking us all to behave without any authority to actually make us behave. People just are not being sensitive to the plight of the medical systems here or anywhere. Some is intentional like the non maskers, others in unintentional as I have stated before with people not social distancing with the masks.

Comment

The extension of the shutdown was shot down moths ago. What he is doin now is just asking us all to behave without any authority to actually make us behave. People just are not being sensitive to the plight of the medical systems here or anywhere. Some is intentional like the non maskers, others in unintentional as I have stated before with people not social distancing with the masks.
                                I see. I also noticed the place where I read this has issued a correction that they reposted an article from May 2020 by mistake...Oooppps.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X