Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
    The 2020-21 roster is on the website but Kennedy Blair is not listed. Did she change her mind, didn't get in, or is UW slow in adding her to the roster? All of this is dependent on whether there is a season in the 1st place https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-...roster/2020-21
    I'm sweating bullets now....maybe with the season being screwed up she ended up going in another direction??? Hopefully they are just slow.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The 2020-21 roster is on the website but Kennedy Blair is not listed. Did she change her mind, didn't get in, or is UW slow in adding her to the roster? All of this is dependent on whether there is a season in the 1st place https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-...roster/2020-21
      I reached out to a media person familiar with the team to maybe look into this or share if they know the story already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I reached out to a media person familiar with the team to maybe look into this or share if they know the story already.
        Everything will be ok as long as the ncaa doesn't come out of left field with something stupid and unexpected.

Comment

• Do the Wisconsin peeps think there will be a season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
            Do the Wisconsin peeps think there will be a season?
            Not a Wisconsin peep, but I know a few.

I don't see how the NCAA can run any sports this season. The professional sports have shown how the pandemic can be dealt with successfully, but it is not a recipe that college athletics can follow: each sport (MLB, NBA, NHL) has imposed some form of draconian isolation (bubbles, strict protocols) that have allowed the games to go on with only minor interruptions. However, the large salaries that are at stake for these athletes, and the maturity that comes with age (Cleveland pitchers excepted), are the reasons these players are willing to live with the restrictions.

There is no way that a large group of 18-22 year-olds, away from home for the first time, are going to keep up the protocols. It only takes one player to infect an entire team.

Personally, I am skeptical that any activity that depends on the maturity of college-age kids will be successful. I hope I am wrong, and based on my past track record, it is likely that I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              It only takes one player to infect an entire team.
              Not only their own teammates, but their opponents on any given weekend, too.

Comment

• Good points, yet football in more than half the country is poised to play. Arizona seems to be doing great things in the dorms testing sewage believe it or not.

Comment

• Testing of human waste can detect the Covid in people who have no symptoms

Comment

• U of Wisconsin-Madison has started posting the results of their on-campus saliva based COVID testing.

This week was 'move in' week for the dorms, with classes starting this coming Tuesday (I think). So far during move-in week, positive tests have been running about 1.5% (quite similar to Dane County as a whole lately). About as good as one could expect. We'll have to see how that goes once classes get going and people have been together in the dorms, etc., for a while.

https://smartrestart.wisc.edu/dashboard/

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      U of Wisconsin-Madison has started posting the results of their on-campus saliva based COVID testing.

This week was 'move in' week for the dorms, with classes starting this coming Tuesday (I think). So far during move-in week, positive tests have been running about 1.5% (quite similar to Dane County as a whole lately). About as good as one could expect. We'll have to see how that goes once classes get going and people have been together in the dorms, etc., for a while.

https://smartrestart.wisc.edu/dashboard/
                      Colgate posts all their results. Tested all students when they arrived last week and had a .8% positive rate. They are testing wastewater in all school owned dorms, apartments and fraternities. Also quarantining the entire school for 14 days upon arrival. Testing all students again this week. Lower rate than the rate for the rest of the state so it seems to be working. Small school and pretty isolated so its certainly easier to control the student population.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

We can rest easy now. Kennedy Blair is officially a Badger.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2020/9/3/...21-season.aspx

Comment

We can rest easy now. Kennedy Blair is officially a Badger.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2020/9/3/...21-season.aspx
                          The article says while she was at Mercyhurst, she "was named to the All-WCHA Rookie Team".

Now that is an impressive accomplishment!

Comment

• Canadian u18 goalie Eve Gascon committed to UMD

Comment

• After three days of classes, this:

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/e...559abea49.html

Certainly does not bode well for hockey, or much anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                After three days of classes, this https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/e...559abea49.html Certainly does not bode well for hockey, or much anything else.
                                This should have been the policy from move in day forward. Anyone who thought that they could bring in 43000 plus people from all over the world to the campus and nothing bad would happen is totally not in reality. And to think the folks running UW are essentially more on the liberal political spectrum which makes them covid 19 conservative. I just don't get it. They need to shut the whole thing down for 2 weeks. 100% total quarantine. They also should not allow any students to leave the campus until the end of the semester unless for sporting events, and those travelers should be strictly controlled when off campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X