Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't remember 2017 and let's not try and to explain to me what happened either. Channeling my inner MSNBC. LOL!
    I do remember the drive down, the men's BB team was upsetting someone in the ncaa's. I remember the hotel, the room was long and anrrow. I remember going for a walk on game morning down by the river and seeing used up needles on the sand and some places where homeless people may have been at one time, real swell, eh? I remember eating pizza on the way home in the truck as we drove home. That is it.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I do remember the drive down, the men's BB team was upsetting someone in the ncaa's. I remember the hotel, the room was long and anrrow. I remember going for a walk on game morning down by the river and seeing used up needles on the sand and some places where homeless people may have been at one time, real swell, eh? I remember eating pizza on the way home in the truck as we drove home. That is it.
      I was watching that BB game in a bar with a bunch of other Badger fans, as well as a number of Badger player parents (Wellhausen and Nurse's families, particularly).

There's a guy who I see at LaBahn quite often who has (had) a sweatshirt that says "1..2..3..4.. we want more", as in four national championships. I saw him outside the arena in St Charles and said "you're going to need a new sweatshirt", thus totally jinxing the outcome of the game. Possibly my biggest regret...

(But he needs a new sweatshirt now!) :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I was watching that BB game in a bar with a bunch of other Badger fans, as well as a number of Badger player parents (Wellhausen and Nurse's families, particularly).

There's a guy who I see at LaBahn quite often who has (had) a sweatshirt that says "1..2..3..4.. we want more", as in four national championships. I saw him outside the arena in St Charles and said "you're going to need a new sweatshirt", thus totally jinxing the outcome of the game. Possibly my biggest regret...

(But he needs a new sweatshirt now!) :-)
        For a man who seems to be extremely logical and fact based, the idea that you think you jinxed the ladies is kinda funny. Were you there for the semi?

Comment

For a man who seems to be extremely logical and fact based, the idea that you think you jinxed the ladies is kinda funny. Were you there for the semi?
          I remember I was thinking about how I was going to adjust my 'brat and hot dog' schedule to account for an overtime when Channel's shot went in. (The food at the arena in St Charles was awful!)

Comment

I remember I was thinking about how I was going to adjust my 'brat and hot dog' schedule to account for an overtime when Channel's shot went in. (The food at the arena in St Charles was awful!)
            What wasn't awful about that place?

Comment

• So we've got jersey numbers on the Freshmen, which means they all got accepted into school. You never know when a late academic boo boo forces someone to go somewhere else.

Gervais #1
              Webster #8
              Toft #14
              O'Brien #26
              Wheeler #28

From Madison.com....A little info on Gervais, who we really don't know much about...she has played on Quebec's U18 team in 18 and 19 and she turns 18 in March, so she's a young one. Toft is a very defensive defender, she was defender of the year all 4 years for her HS team. UW was a little lacking in D zone play at times last year. Will she crack the top 6? Maybe, it will be fun to see how it shakes out.

I'm always big into pondering RS opportunities, I wonder if it makes sense to see Kronish RS this year. That would give UW Kronish and Gervais in the net through 2022/2023.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 07-24-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

So we've got jersey numbers on the Freshmen, which means they all got accepted into school.
                That also means their "five year clock" has started. Right now that may not be a good thing...

Comment

That also means their "five year clock" has started. Right now that may not be a good thing...
                  Because we may lose one or two to the Olympics, so no wiggle room for those.

Comment

• Bump over spam.

Comment

Bump over spam.
                      As long as you did that (and with my usual FWIW...)

Two or three things of note:
                      - the count of UW fall athletes who has tested positive is up to 21; no breakdown at all as to which teams or sports, etc

- the volleyball team has begun 'formal' practices as of Friday the 7th. From videos and other social media posts, I haven't noticed any of the VB players 'missing' because of a positive COVID test etc, but I haven't made any concerted effort to 'take attendance'. Still no announced schedule, other that 'conference only'.

- There was an article on the internet last night about an interview Barry Alvarez gave where he talks about his concerns - fears, even - with regard to a football season, how it might go, how well schools might comply with procedures and rigorous testing etc etc. But the really notable thing that it told me and reminded me of is that both Alvarez and Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren both very much have 'skin in the game' when it comes to safety and going forward with a football season (and in turn with other sports seasons): Alvarez has a grandson who is a/the starting tight end on the UW team, and Warren has a son who is a receiver at Mississippi State. Somehow, I like the idea that the two guys who maybe will have the most to say - indirectly at least - about UW women's hockey happening or not happening have a personal stake in the decision, not just a monetary stake.

Comment

• That interview with Alvarez was very telling - I can't see how they have a football season given his concerns. Also, the MAC just cancelled their season (or more precisely moved to spring which means just delaying the cancellation...). The conference cancellations are now moving up the foodchain so to speak (first D3/D2 then FCS now group of 5 FBS); who will be the first P5 conference to formally cancel? Seems like either the PAC-12 or B1G; my bet is on the PAC-12 and once that is done we all can stop living in dream-land that somehow college sports will happen in 2020 (and even 2021). It stinks but the decision makers need to be realistic here and just move on. Looking forward to college sports next season...

Comment

• They should be able to push BB through with a much smaller group of players and support staff in the fall/winter. Then I would slide all hockey to spring/early summer. That clears out any date conflicts between the 2 sports that share facilities. I'd also move football to the spring/early summer window. I still want to throw up at the thought of women's hockey being played with no fans. The only hope would be the B16 could easily show all the UW and UM games if they chose to produce the telecasts, which they won't, which is lame because ESPN is showing foosball, cornhole, cherry spitting and grocery bagging. Certainly women's hockey has more interest than those events.

Comment

• Milwaukee Journal reporting that Big Ten will cancel football and fall sports within the next day or two.

The article, written by their LONG time UW football writer, bounces back and forth between 'football' and 'fall sports' but I can't imagine they would shut down football and not the others.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...20/3332333001/
                            Last edited by robertearle; 08-09-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Apparently there will be no volleyball season tickets this year. I would venture to guess women's hockey will go down that same route. I wonder what percentage of tickets sold and scanned per game are season ticket holders. They could play all their games in the KC and social distancing would not be a problem for the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                                Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Looks like Kennedy Blair posted on Instagram a week ago so I think that is your "first source." https://www.instagram.com/p/B_gTEJMHLEO/. From the Instagram post:
                                "Thankful for all the memories, experiences, and friendships that I made here the past three years. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have been part of this group and program 🤍

With that being said, I’m excited to announce that I will be transferring to the University of Wisconsin for my senior year to start my master’s degree and play hockey. Can’t wait to be closer to home and wear the red and white!! #gobadgers"
                                The 2020-21 roster is on the website but Kennedy Blair is not listed. Did she change her mind, didn't get in, or is UW slow in adding her to the roster? All of this is dependent on whether there is a season in the 1st place https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-...roster/2020-21

Comment

Working...
                                X