Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    So, if one were to carry this silly conversation forward, one might check into Frost's record at Bethel (according to the web site 'Elite Prospects', he only ever made it onto the ice his senior year; had two goals and 13 assists in 22 games on a team that went 7-17-1).
    OK, I agree this is silly. I doubt that your website is reporting Frost's statistics accurately. He served as Bethel's captain for two years, an unlikely role for someone who never made it onto the ice.

    And yes, a top D3 male is bigger, stronger, faster skater, harder shot, all of those things better than a D1 female.

    Each Olympic cycle Hockey Canada schedules a series of games between its women's national team and teams from one of the junior leagues. And Team USA plays at least a couple of exhibitions against high school boys. Top D3 players are bigger, stronger, faster skater etc. etc. than USA high schoolers and many of the players on Canadian junior league teams.

    And yes, Frost is now 47. To the best of my recollection, those were great years. Compared to now, of course.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

      OK, I agree this is silly. I doubt that your website is reporting Frost's statistics accurately. He served as Bethel's captain for two years, an unlikely role for someone who never made it onto the ice.
      (Elite Prospects was not the only page I looked at; it was the only page at which I found any numbers at all, including Frost's own page at Bethel. But I'll take your word for it all.)

      https://athletics.bethel.edu/sports/...rad-frost/3772



      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post

        As big a supporter as I am of women's hockey, it is undeniable that a D3 male player is objectively better than a D1 woman. The US Women's Olympic team has regularly played games against boy's high school teams to prepare for their tournament. and the games tend to be close. In 2014, for instance, the US Women defeated the boys from Katey Stone's alma mater, The Taft School, in OT. I recall that the Warroad boy's team has defeated past Olympic womens' teams.

        This takes nothing away from the accomplishments of women, it just recognizes the difference between men and women.
        It's fascinating that the gap is that wide. I used to think Knight and Decker could play effectively in the AHL. I guess not.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by robertearle View Post

          (Elite Prospects was not the only page I looked at; it was the only page at which I found any numbers at all, including Frost's own page at Bethel. But I'll take your word for it all.)

          https://athletics.bethel.edu/sports/...rad-frost/3772
          Yeah last year I either did post or considered posting a comparison of MJ & Frost's numbers. They are not from the same planet.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

            Yeah last year I either did post or considered posting a comparison of MJ & Frost's numbers. They are not from the same planet.
            Yes Captain Obvious...No one in their right mind (you, however, are a different story) would compare Frost, as a player in his prime, to Johnson, as a player in his prime. Fortunately they can be judged now on how good each one is as a coach. Pretty much a toss-up there if you remove the inherent bias of each teams supporters.

            “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Yes Captain Obvious...No one in their right mind (you, however, are a different story) would compare Frost, as a player in his prime, to Johnson, as a player in his prime. Fortunately they can be judged now on how good each one is as a coach. Pretty much a toss-up there if you remove the inherent bias of each teams supporters.
              Frosty inherited a great program, MJ created a great program.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Frosty inherited a great program, MJ created a great program.
                Frost inherited a team that finished 23-12-1 and didn't make the 8-team NCAA field the year before. Johnson inherited a team that finished 22-11-2 and didn't make the 4-team NCAA field the year before. Both squads lost in the WCHA final in their last game before the current coaches took over. Johnson had Badgers in the tournament by his third year, and they were champions in year 4. Frost's teams have reached the NCAA Tournament every year, but it took him until his fifth season to win one.

                Not a lot of difference when you look at the numbers.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Frost inherited a team that finished 23-12-1 and didn't make the 8-team NCAA field the year before. Johnson inherited a team that finished 22-11-2 and didn't make the 4-team NCAA field the year before. Both squads lost in the WCHA final in their last game before the current coaches took over. Johnson had Badgers in the tournament by his third year, and they were champions in year 4. Frost's teams have reached the NCAA Tournament every year, but it took him until his fifth season to win one.

                  Not a lot of difference when you look at the numbers.
                  There you go again...bringing up relevant, factual information. Man, why you gotta harsh thinner-man's mellow.
                  “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Frost inherited a team that finished 23-12-1 and didn't make the 8-team NCAA field the year before. Johnson inherited a team that finished 22-11-2 and didn't make the 4-team NCAA field the year before. Both squads lost in the WCHA final in their last game before the current coaches took over. Johnson had Badgers in the tournament by his third year, and they were champions in year 4. Frost's teams have reached the NCAA Tournament every year, but it took him until his fifth season to win one.

                    Not a lot of difference when you look at the numbers.
                    Frost took over a team coming off a down year, but at a school that had previously never failed to make the NCAA tournament and had already won three national championships; Johnson took over a team that had never been to the NCAA tournament.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                      Frost took over a team coming off a down year, but at a school that had previously never failed to make the NCAA tournament and had already won three national championships; Johnson took over a team that had never been to the NCAA tournament.
                      So what changed since #74 for you?
                      “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                        So what changed since #74 for you?
                        I don't know what "#74" refers to.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Frost took over a team coming off a down year, but at a school that had previously never failed to make the NCAA tournament and had already won three national championships; Johnson took over a team that had never been to the NCAA tournament.
                          This is what I'm talking about. I give the rodent tale spinners a "nice try button" trying to spin Frosty into the same realm as the commie killer.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                            I don't know what "#74" refers to.
                            Post number...And it is a silly conversation. Johnson or Frost is a horse a piece as far as a coach goes. Period.
                            “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              This is what I'm talking about.
                              Never too sure what is actually talking though...My money is on the thinner.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 07-02-2020, 02:00 PM.
                              “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                                Post number...And it is a silly conversation. Johnson or Frost is a horse a piece as far as a coach goes. Period.
                                I don't remember if the old format on PC had "post numbers", but the new format that I'm on right now certainly does not (at least none that I can see or find).

                                -----------------------

                                Whether or not Frost is a better player than his team members is a silly conversation.

                                Contending that Frost and Johnson walking into roughly equivalent coaching situations is plainly wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X