Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It's a happy place over here. All red and white rainbows and unicorns, raining hardware everywhere. It is good.
    Not on the men’s side where the Mighty Beavers knocked the Badgers out of tournament with a big upset today! (BIG smiley face)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Nice to see the UW offering lots of options for items to buy to celebrate the natty. Oh, wait... it's just a t-shirt for men and women.

https://www.buckyslockerroom.com/wis...NewestArrivals

Would have picked up a hat, but that's not an option right now.
      Buckyslockerroom and Uwshop and 'Name of the Game' (at East Town and West Town in Madison) are all the same company (or some such). Anyway, I got emails to this page a couple times this week.

https://uwshop.com/wisconsin-badgers...ational-champs

-------------

And there's University Book Store, as well

https://www.uwbookstore.com/Wisconsi...ckey-Champions
      Last edited by robertearle; 03-26-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

Not on the men’s side where the Mighty Beavers knocked the Badgers out of tournament with a big upset today! (BIG smiley face)
        When Weissbach (I think it was) hit the post on that open net later in the first, I thought to myself "Uh-oh. Not gonna be their day..."

Comment

Happy place over here in the women's thread. Go away. Oh darn, I lost count on all the hardware again!
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

buckyslockerroom and uwshop and 'name of the game' (at east town and west town in madison) are all the same company (or some such). Anyway, i got emails to this page a couple times this week.

https://uwshop.com/wisconsin-badgers...ational-champs

-------------

and there's university book store, as well

https://www.uwbookstore.com/wisconsi...ckey-champions
            swag! Yes!

Comment

swag! Yes!
              I justt drupped 3 hundos on my swag. Don't bye swag when you is gazzed up on thinner.

Comment

I justt drupped 3 hundos on my swag. Don't bye swag when you is gazzed up on thinner.
                Just sent the link to Mrs. gwhinwi, we'll see where we end up.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Happy place over here in the women's thread. Go away. Oh darn, I lost count on all the hardware again!
                  Sorry, couldn’t resist! (laughing emoji)

Comment

Sorry, couldn’t resist! (laughing emoji)
                    Yeah, I know...you seem like a good dude for not being a WI guy. It was just WAY to fresh. I'm wearing my 2019 women's natty hat right now and my Deutscher Eishockey-Bund jersey, I'm in a good place.

Comment

Yeah, I know...you seem like a good dude for not being a WI guy. It was just WAY to fresh. I'm wearing my 2019 women's natty hat right now and my Deutscher Eishockey-Bund jersey, I'm in a good place.
                      As a big Bemidji WH fan who watched our team struggle mightily this season, the men’s team’s performance is a great salve.

Comment

As a big Bemidji WH fan who watched our team struggle mightily this season, the men’s team’s performance is a great salve.
                        It honestly would be great to see the BSU women hack their way into the top 4. At the expense of MN, OSU and UMD of course. Does it just come down to getting better players? It's sad DeGeorge left for OSU. Every year I look at the top HS players in MN and so many end up in the EZAC. How does BSU fight that?

Comment

• And OSU is getting quite the talent in Claire. Extremely talented and hardworking and dedicated to improving her game.

Comment

It honestly would be great to see the BSU women hack their way into the top 4. At the expense of MN, OSU and UMD of course. Does it just come down to getting better players?
                            When Bemidji has been a top-four team, it's been because it has had great goaltending. BSU has never had the depth of offensive talent to outscore people. For any of the teams trying to move from the bottom of the WCHA to the top, stealing points from the contenders isn't enough. They have to also avoid giving those points back to the rest of the bottom half.

St. Thomas is going to further complicate life for the bottom half of the WCHA. Much like when UND was in existence, it is more competition for the Minnesota HS players, making it harder to land a diamond in the rough from the in-state talent pool. If St. Thomas starts to have success, then it could negatively impact UMD's prospects, much like UND did.

And speaking of UMD and UND in the same sentence, that was a long game last night. The Gophers game started two hours later and was still done much sooner.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              And speaking of UMD and UND in the same sentence, that was a long game last night. The Gophers game started two hours later and was still done much sooner.
                              It also included an intentional and successful below-the-goal-line bank shot. Not as extreme an angle as Watts' goal, but still. And I still say pulling the goalie works way more often than it should. Insane game, really fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                It also included an intentional and successful below-the-goal-line bank shot. Not as extreme an angle as Watts' goal, but still.
                                It was kind of a combination attempt at a bank and just throwing it at the goalie in the hope that he'll kick it into his own net. Oddly, still more pure than UND's other goal, where the guy whiffs on the SOG and it winds up being the perfectly-disguised pass.

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                And I still say pulling the goalie works way more often than it should.
                                It's odd how frequently there is an opportunity to score into the empty net just before the EA goal, and it's like the hockey gods are offended that the team with the lead has wasted the chance to cement the win. Maybe that should be the takeaway for teams preparing to finish games: defending against six skaters for a minute or more is hard, but when you have a shot at the 6 by 4 wide open, hit the darn thing.

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Insane game, really fun.
                                Several of the players, mostly for UMD, didn't look like they were having all that much fun toward the end of the last couple of OTs. They'll need that extra week to get their legs back. It looked like a completely different game from regulation to the last 30 minutes or so.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X