Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I was dreading a first round game with UMD or MN, hoping for an eastern team, and UW got it. I really thought UW had to get the 1 seed to avoid getting another wcha team. Obviously the smoky room decision over-valued UMD and undervalued UM.
    Apparently they were smoking something other than tobacco and didn't realize MN went 2-0 against UMD and 7-0 against the rest of the members of the WCHA not named Wisconsin or Ohio State.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

IDK, how did the first line do? LOL.
      I'm glad you asked Tim. SS had 0 shots (-3), Pettet had 0 shots (-1) and Curl had 2 (-1). For the record, Eden 1(+2) Drake 2 (+2) Watts 4 (+3). This is just another example of the impact Watts is having on her linemates. She is spatula flipping the burgers. I don't know how to fix the top line and is it fixable right now with the stakes so high? Do you flip Schneider and Pettet or just leave as is and hope for the best?

UW also got TORCHED on faceoffs 20 / 60! Pettet 11-29, Drake 3-16, Curl 2-4, Eden 1-3, O'Brien 3-8. The results of which would shift SOG chances away from UW due to lost possessions. Interestingly line one took 32, line 2 took 19, line 3 took 8. Basically MJ played the 3rd line sparingly and had line 1 take a ton more faceoffs than line 2.

It was a defensive struggle overall with both teams having only 20 shots in the game, which is ridiculously low for 2 teams with this much offensive talent.

Practice this week has to be faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, PP. Pass pass shoot.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• So full disclosure...I don't expect Provincial Furniture to be much trouble for you, but...

No pressure as you don't have the WCHA first round match up you verbalized you didn't want. instead you have one with a Hockey Least team.

Don't blow it...I expect a multiple goal margin of defeat.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          So full disclosure...I don't expect Provincial Furniture to be much trouble for you, but...

No pressure as you don't have the WCHA first round match up you verbalized you didn't want. instead you have one with a Hockey Least team.

Don't blow it...I expect a multiple goal margin of defeat.
          It is a true 2-7 match-up and I fully expect UW to fry the Fryerettes. Typically UW has no problem dispatching CHA, Hockey Easy or Hockey Least opponents in the opening round. Of course the time I get a little cocky.........

Comment

It is a true 2-7 match-up and I fully expect UW to fry the Fryerettes. Typically UW has no problem dispatching CHA, Hockey Easy or Hockey Least opponents in the opening round. Of course the time I get a little cocky.........
            What do you mean "the time"?

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
              What do you mean "the time"?
              Yeah, it's better to differentiate between whether it's just confident TimothyA or Thinnered-up bravado TimothyA.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

It is a true 2-7 match-up and I fully expect UW to fry the Fryerettes.
                Wait, what? Oh, you mean your upcoming #2 vs. #10 match-up.

Quips aside, all of us should heed ARM's wise counsel over on the Buckeye thread: Take no one for granted. Leave the door ajar, and #10 PC is perfectly capable of barging through.

Since you're playing the Friars, it might be well to remember PC's accomplishment at the Men's FF a few years back. A fine team, but a rather unlikely national champ. But in the end, they hoisted the most important trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Since you're playing the Friars, it might be well to remember PC's accomplishment at the Men's FF a few years back. A fine team, but a rather unlikely national champ. But in the end, they hoisted the most important trophy.
                  If you want the Cinderella team of all time that no one would have bet on it has to be Union. So yes, men or woman's anyone and everyone has a shot once you're in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Yeah, it's better to differentiate between whether it's just confident TimothyA or Thinnered-up bravado TimothyA.
                    I love it! That is a literal laugh out loud post, it's nice to get a good a laugh in to start the day. Gets all the positive endorphins flowing. There have been enough times were I have been cautiously concerned about match-ups and whatnot, especially during the last Olympic season where I was saying UW was over-rated the whole season. Once UW runs into OSU or NE I will be plenty cautiously optimistic. Those would be 50/50 toss-up games, especially since the first line has gone into the tank. Losing to the Fryerettes would lead to a shortage of thinner in the upper midwest.

Comment

Losing to the Fryerettes would lead to a shortage of thinner in the upper midwest.
                      I have a can of thinner on the shelf in my basement for you if you'll need it. It's very old and vintage so I'm sure it's the cognac of thinners, real top shelf stuff figuratively and literally!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I have a can of thinner on the shelf in my basement for you if you'll need it. It's very old and vintage so I'm sure it's the cognac of thinners, real top shelf stuff figuratively and literally!
                        I am rooting against your team and you offer me free thinner, the really good stuff. You are a better man than me. The really old stuff doesn't affect the growth that much.

Comment

I am rooting against your team and you offer me free thinner, the really good stuff. You are a better man than me. The really old stuff doesn't affect the growth that much.
                          One of us will be raising a glass of thinner to the other in salute to a worthy adversary before next week is over.

Comment

• The US Women's 2021 roster is out:

Future Badgers: Harvey
                            Current Badgers: Bowlby, Buchbinder, Lamantia, Curl, Eden
                            Still Badgers: Rigsby, Decker, Knight, Pankowski, Roque

4 D is impressive, usually the F & G's from WI playing internationally. Obviously a little surprised O'Brien and Webster aren't on the list since they were fixtures on the U18 team, but there is so much talent to jump and they are not there yet. I am dreading the next Olympics. That's a post for another time.

Comment

The US Women's 2021 roster is out:

Future Badgers: Harvey
                              Current Badgers: Bowlby, Buchbinder, Lamantia, Curl, Eden
                              Still Badgers: Rigsby, Decker, Knight, Pankowski, Roque

4 D is impressive, usually the F & G's from WI playing internationally. Obviously a little surprised O'Brien and Webster aren't on the list since they were fixtures on the U18 team, but there is so much talent to jump and they are not there yet. I am dreading the next Olympics. That's a post for another time.
                              At some point - in two weeks, etc - there will be much discussion of seniors that will and won't be coming back, and then Olympics and "centralized" players on top of that. Daryl Watts playing for Wisconsin in 2022-2023? The ghost of Amanda Kessel passes by my window!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                daryl watts playing for wisconsin in 2022-2023?
                                yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!ye s!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes! yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X