Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Wait...I thought these players were part of the bestest recruiting class evah. LOL Actually I have been a little bit more impressed with O'Brien compared to Webster when I've had the chance to watch the Sinners. And Eden may be the best of the 4 freshmen.
    I know right! The bestest evah! I think the eye test will tell me alot more when I get to see them next yea when they still are Fr.

Eden from what I have seen is the best, I think her size is a big asset when compared to the other 2.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• The Duluth-Mankato series for this weekend has been cancelled, due to COVID within the Mankato program. For the time being, the Duluth-Mankato series for next weekend - Feb 19 and 20 - is still on the schedule. But that obviously could change.

Fewer Duluth wins means a lower percentage of 'standings points won', so this hurts Duluth's chance of catch UW, but as it stands right now, UW still needs to beat St Cloud and not get swept at Duluth in two weeks. And i think that remains the case, even if Duluth-Mankato gets wiped out next week, though in that case even one standings point for Wisconsin would likely be good enough to win the conference.

Here's hoping the folks in Mankato are OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        The Duluth-Mankato series for this weekend has been cancelled, due to COVID within the Mankato program. For the time being, the Duluth-Mankato series for next weekend - Feb 19 and 20 - is still on the schedule. But that obviously could change.
        What are the chances that if Mankato vs Duluth gets cancelled for Feb 19 and 20, Duluth at Wisconsin gets added for Feb 19 and 20?

Comment

What are the chances that if Mankato vs Duluth gets cancelled for Feb 19 and 20, Duluth at Wisconsin gets added for Feb 19 and 20?
          That would be awesome. More games is better and I don't care who they play. I hope the wwcha has enough brains to do that. I'm not sure at this point how flexible they are able to be. They don't seem to be able to think on their feet very well.

I love the line changes! Eden/Drake/Curl created a lot of chances. Drake showed some great moxy on the Curl goal. Curl is more of a finisher than a digger and Drake is a better digger, and so is Eden, than O'B and Web. Schneider/O'B and Web also looked good, they were clicking and Web scored one.

The PP's were interesting with an all Fr F one O'B/Web/Eden and a 4 F one Curl SS Watts Pettet. They could have been like that last week, I only saw the first rodent game and who was on the pp was trumped by watching the puck and not necessarily the players.

I think MJ is still taking it easy on Buchbinder wit her being on the 3rd pair. Kotlowski continues to impress by not being noticeable, which is exactly what you want out of a D.

Of course it's only BSU, but their talent level is better than the amount of shots they had indicated. I was impressed with their overall speed. DeGeorge seemingly was never off the ice and she was constantly putting the puck on her teammates' sticks. That is still an area where UW struggles a bit, just making clean passes in the D zone to transition out.

Comment

The caveat here is "unless they add two games vs Duluth..." (and "if I did this all correctly!")

Even if Ohio State or Minn win both of their remaining games, and Wisconsin loses both of their remaining games to Duluth, neither can catch Wisconsin in the conference standings.

If Duluth plays and wins vs Mankato next weekend, and then sweeps Wisconsin, Duluth wins the championship.

If Duluth plays and wins vs Mankato next weekend, and Wisconsin gets at least two standings points vs Duluth, Wisconsin wins the championship.

If Duluth plays and wins vs Mankato next weekend, and Wisconsin gets only one point, they would end in a flat-footed tie, and Duluth would win the championship by virtue of head-to-head.

If Duluth does not play at all next weekend, they would have to sweep Wisconsin to win the championship; if Wisconsin got even one point, Wisconsin wins.

Comment

• Taking care of business type of weekend. I can't ever remember after a game to be able to chant..."more goals than shots" LOL. That would have been killer to be able to chant that in person behind their bench yesterday. Awesome to see GS and Drake score. GS had a Pavelski type tip in goal, that was a wow goal. Awesome to see Wheeler get a couple apples. The BSU effort on the Eden goal was purely embarrassing. No one even tried to close on her and the goalie just pretended to be a folding chair. There was a goal Friday where a "backchecking" player made zero effort to close on the shooter prior to the goal though with some effort she may have made a difference.

Hopefully I'll have time in the next weeks to do a little write-up on the Sr's. All the players deserve some ink and it's fun to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Taking care of business type of weekend. I can't ever remember after a game to be able to chant..."more goals than shots" LOL. That would have been killer to be able to chant that in person behind their bench yesterday. Awesome to see GS and Drake score. GS had a Pavelski type tip in goal, that was a wow goal. Awesome to see Wheeler get a couple apples. The BSU effort on the Eden goal was purely embarrassing. No one even tried to close on her and the goalie just pretended to be a folding chair. There was a goal Friday where a "backchecking" player made zero effort to close on the shooter prior to the goal though with some effort she may have made a difference.

Hopefully I'll have time in the next weeks to do a little write-up on the Sr's. All the players deserve some ink and it's fun to do.
                Tough weekend for the Beavs in a very tough season. They’ve had injuries to key players throughout the season (this weekend missing a top D and one of the top scoring F’s) such that I don’t recall the last time they played with their predicted starting lineup. Add in the WCHA’s unconscionable slap in the face of not inviting all 7 teams to the conference tournament and it has to be tough for the players these last few series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                  Add in the WCHA’s unconscionable slap in the face of not inviting all 7 teams to the conference tournament and it has to be tough for the players these last few series.
                  It is completely unacceptable not to invite all 7 teams to the wwcha tourney. In a single elimination event like that anything can happen. Every team has a chance. It's really sad that the yare only taking the top 4.

Comment

It is completely unacceptable not to invite all 7 teams to the wwcha tourney. In a single elimination event like that anything can happen. Every team has a chance. It's really sad that the yare only taking the top 4.
                    And that “anything can happen”-type upset would go a long way to taking the sting out of a tough season for the three teams not invited.

Comment

• Well, the regular season championship got easier to figure, because we know Wisconsin and Duluth will end up playing the same number of games. So we can forget the percentages - at least for those two teams - and go back to regular standings points.

Wisconsin has 34, Duluth has 30.

A Duluth sweep would make it Duluth 36, Wisconsin 34.

A Wisconsin win in either game would make it Wisconsin 37, Duluth 33.

If Duluth were to get five of the six points, it would be tied at 35, and Duluth would win the tie-breaker.

-----------

Last year one of the games in Duluth was televised by a channel called "My-9" in Duluth, and their broadcast was picked up by a Madison station (WKOW, if I recall). The Saturday game this year is currently on the My-9 schedule. So here's hoping Madison TV can pick that up again.

Comment

Last year one of the games in Duluth was televised by a channel called "My-9" in Duluth, and their broadcast was picked up by a Madison station (WKOW, if I recall). The Saturday game this year is currently on the My-9 schedule. So here's hoping Madison TV can pick that up again.
                        I plan on watching it on Flohockey. Very intriguing series. I was thinking you had a subscription to Flo but maybe I am mistaken? If you don't and it's not picked up locally you could subscribe for the month and get a few games.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I plan on watching it on Flohockey. Very intriguing series. I was thinking you had a subscription to Flo but maybe I am mistaken? If you don't and it's not picked up locally you could subscribe for the month and get a few games.
                          No BTN+ for this series? If not, do a zoom call with the laptop pointing at the TV and we can do a group watch. We did that for my son when UW played UM and BTN+ only allowed one viewer per subscription, which is pretty dumb considering then I can't have it on 1 devices at one time in my own home.

Comment

No BTN+ for this series? If not, do a zoom call with the laptop pointing at the TV and we can do a group watch. We did that for my son when UW played UM and BTN+ only allowed one viewer per subscription, which is pretty dumb considering then I can't have it on 1 devices at one time in my own home.
                            Correct. Looks like it slated for Flohockey

Hmmmm...That's not a terrible idea on the group watch but doing that with a 13 stripped ground squirrel fan? I'd feel a bit out of place because I couldn't keep up with the thinner consumption.

Comment

When it came time to choose between BTNPlus vs FloHockey, I went with BTN, because in addition to getting any women's games played at B1G schools, I get men's B1G hockey and B1G volleyball, which I am also a big fan of. And another where Wisconsin vs Minnesota is a best-in-he-country matchup right now. So no, no video stream of UW vs Duluth for me.

If Flo had one-time pay-per-view for a game or weekend, I'd be in. But I object to their policy of auto-renewal until you specifically cancel.

Comment

If Flo had one-time pay-per-view for a game or weekend, I'd be in. But I object to their policy of auto-renewal until you specifically cancel.
                                Yeah...No question that policy is a gotcha. Plus Flo is pricey compared to BTNPlus. The BTNPlus plan does make sense for watching other sports like the volleyball for your rooting interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X