Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2020-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D2D View Post
    We need to find that fine balance between the two, somehow.
    If you read what FHF wrote, we really don't need to include much of that second version in the mix.

    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ARM View Post
      If you read what FHF wrote
      Probably the start of going down the wrong path?

      Originally posted by ARM View Post
      we really don't need to include much of that second version in the mix.
      No doubt, but in my quest to understand D2D better(i think I'm getting there), I'm thinking he is saying a fine balance between offense and defense.
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-04-2021, 10:13 AM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        No doubt, but in my quest to understand D2D better(i think I'm getting there), I'm thinking he is saying a fine balance between offense and defense.
        He is. Which is what I thought you wrote, but then I looked at what you actually said (being a humorous sort) versus what I expected you to say. But then I'm the guy who watched Saturday's game and never figured out that both teams were playing backup goalies, so consider the source.

        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ARM View Post
          He is. Which is what I thought you wrote, but then I looked at what you actually said (being a humorous sort) versus what I expected you to say. But then I'm the guy who watched Saturday's game and never figured out that both teams were playing backup goalies, so consider the source.
          I'm considering that and I was pretty much in the same boat...When there is no announcer and the one camera is going through netting plus is so poor at following the action, it was hard just to read the numbers on jerseys. Only after reading pgb's recap later did I realize it wasn't Bench and Braendli
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-04-2021, 03:44 PM. Reason: wrong poster name
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            I'm considering that and I was pretty much in the same boat...When there is no announcer and the one camera is going through netting plus is so poor at following the action, it was hard just to read the numbers on jerseys. Only after reading PGP's recap later did I realize it wasn't Bench and Braendli
            Same. And the PA announcer was mostly mumbling when he gave saves for the period. He did get much more animated when announcing the start of a Scarlet and Gray Power Play. I imagine the UW fans aren't all that interested, so I'll shut up now.

            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Same. And the PA announcer was mostly mumbling when he gave saves for the period. He did get much more animated when announcing the start of a Scarlet and Gray Power Play. I imagine the UW fans aren't all that interested, so I'll shut up now.
              Yeah the Scarlet and Gray power play...That and certain loudmouth OSU player's parents...Very entertaining. Not.

              UW fans? They can pound sand and besides they're too busy stocking up on thinner to be bothered to post right now.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                Yeah the Scarlet and Gray power play...That and certain loudmouth OSU player's parents...Very entertaining. Not.
                I was watching, though I'm sure not as intently as you guys, and also did not realize who the goalies were. What I heard as much as anything was somebody calling out what I guess was jersey numbers? tracking who was on the ice for one or both teams, so that the 'right' players would be kept on the ice in the event of icing. etc? And parents doing the O-H-I-O cheer, of course. (Gophers fans can, I'm sure, relate to in-game exhibitions of spelling prowess.)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Same. And the PA announcer was mostly mumbling when he gave saves for the period. He did get much more animated when announcing the start of a Scarlet and Gray Power Play. I imagine the UW fans aren't all that interested, so I'll shut up now.
                  Any chatter on any women's thread is good chatter.

                  Fascinating that OSU 10%, UM 13% and even UW's 18% pp's all pretty much suck.

                  So who to rodent fans think has the edge in goaltending?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So who do rodent fans think has the edge in goaltending?
                    I think that is pretty even but maybe a better question is...Who has the edge in team defense? That goes to WisconSIN.


                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                    Comment


                    • Since it is Border Battle for both the Men's and Women's teams here's something to get you going...All in good fun, hopefully.

                      https://***********/MNHockeyStar/sta...350977/photo/1
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-04-2021, 09:50 PM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        No doubt, but in my quest to understand D2D better(i think I'm getting there), I'm thinking he is saying a fine balance between offense and defense.
                        Exactly. I think Ohio State's coaching staff has done a fine job of teaching their players when to switch between the two.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Since it is Border Battle for both the Men's and Women's teams here something to get you going...All in good fun, hopefully.

                          https://***********/MNHockeyStar/sta...350977/photo/1
                          And that Twitter dude knows what he's talking about! So it MUST be a true story...
                          https://www.startribune.com/three-st...end/294941841/

                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            And that Twitter dude knows what he's talking about! So it MUST be a true story...
                            https://www.startribune.com/three-st...end/294941841/
                            No doubt in my mind...
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Since it is Border Battle for both the Men's and Women's teams here's something to get you going...All in good fun, hopefully.

                              https://***********/MNHockeyStar/sta...350977/photo/1
                              LOL I thought the twitter dude's name looked familiar.

                              It's a great day for hockey! Time to fry some greasy grimey gopher guts. A little flour, then egg, then Panko, fry them to a crisp and then down the garbage disposal with them. I mean, hey, even the garbage disposal has to eat, right?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Yeah the Scarlet and Gray power play...That and certain loudmouth OSU player's parents...Very entertaining. Not.
                                You're paying to watch so you may as well enjoy it! LOL!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X