No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 of the 23 Badger players for the upcoming season were invited to either USA's or Canada's select camps. We can only hope for the best in these lean times. Wink
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      13 of the 23 Badger players for the upcoming season were invited to either USA's or Canada's select camps. We can only hope for the best in these lean times. Wink
      Have to ask, notwithstanding the added "Wink;;" how would you define "these lean times"?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Have to ask, notwithstanding the added "Wink;;" how would you define "these lean times"?
        It's complete sarcasm. We're collecting all the hardware this year. Wattsya gonna do when Badgermainia runs wild on YYOOUU!?!?!

Comment

It's complete sarcasm. We're collecting all the hardware this year. Wattsya gonna do when Badgermainia runs wild on YYOOUU!?!?!
          Certainly lots of optimism with so much talent. Per the roster just published on UWBadgers.com good to see that Webster was the only defection. Goaltending is certainly a question mark. Is Kronish up to the task? Could Gervais surprise? https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey/roster

Comment

We're collecting all the hardware this year.
            Maybe. Adding a lot of talent and returning people who were gone last year.

I don't remember UW having a season like last year before, though. Started 15-0-1 through November, and went 11-8-3 the rest of the way, including just 1-8-1 against the teams that finished in the top four in the final poll. We've seen finishes like that from BC and UM, but UW? I don't remember it. Could be a lot of explanations. Maybe people who are now gone were the problem, so problem solved. I guess the rest of us will know in less than eight months whether you were right all along!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Maybe. Adding a lot of talent and returning people who were gone last year.I don't remember UW having a season like last year before, though. Started 15-0-1 through November, and went 11-8-3 the rest of the way, including just 1-8-1 against the teams that finished in the top four in the final poll. We've seen finishes like that from BC and UM, but UW? I don't remember it. Could be a lot of explanations. Maybe people who are now gone were the problem, so problem solved. I guess the rest of us will know in less than eight months whether you were right all along!
              They were super thin on depth and Nealy's injury exposed the back end defensively and in transition to offense and the PP sucked, which is kinda of a hallmark for MJ teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                Goaltending is certainly a question mark. Is Kronish up to the task? Could Gervais surprise? https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey/roster
                Well, either MJ is totally comfortable with Kronish and Gervais and did not attempt to get another transfer/5th year, or he's not confident, failed to get a transfer/5th year and now is cowering in a corner of his office like a gopher knowing that they will be eaten imminently by a hungry Badger.

The first 10 games are against cupcakes, some with a whipped cream center, so we won't really learn anything about the goaltending until they travel to UMD then get the rodents at home.

Comment

• Really, PSU is considered a cupcake? You may learn a lot about the goaltending long b4 UMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                    Really, PSU is considered a cupcake?
                    He's just getting warmed up. Once he's on top of his game, there are only two kinds of teams -- Wisconsin and cupcakes.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      He's just getting warmed up. Once he's on top of his game, there are only two kinds of teams -- Wisconsin and cupcakes.
                      That's Watts I am hoping for anyway. PSU might be a tough one out of the gate, we shall see. PSU gets a warm up exhibition with RIT Saturday before the UW games Thursday and Friday, advantage them. They are are home. Advantage them.

Then they play UMD a week later (with St. L), then 2 with Colgate. That will tell us a lot about the N-Lionettes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                        Really, PSU is considered a cupcake? You may learn a lot about the goaltending long b4 UMD.
                        Sure, but maybe that cupcake isn't just flour, sugar, oil, coco powder and eggs (no whipped cream filling). Perhaps it has a nutty topping for a little high quality protein (besides the eggs). I prefer toasted walnuts and a lot of them. So not all cupcakes are of the same quality.

Comment

Sure, but maybe that cupcake isn't just flour, sugar, oil, coco powder and eggs (no whipped cream filling). Perhaps it has a nutty topping for a little high quality protein (besides the eggs). I prefer toasted walnuts and a lot of them. So not all cupcakes are of the same quality.
                          I was assuming you would prefer thinner in your cupcakes, like...

https://www.cookaholicwife.com/boozy...cakes-bbqweek/
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            I was assuming you would prefer thinner in your cupcakes, like...

https://www.cookaholicwife.com/boozy...cakes-bbqweek/
                            Interesting. I bet eating a dozen chocolate chocolate cupcakes laced with thinner in a dark room while playing "Moonlight Sonata" and watching Pankowski and Shaver score in the 2019 Natty game in a continuous loop would be quite a trip.

Comment

Interesting. I bet eating a dozen chocolate chocolate cupcakes laced with thinner in a dark room while playing "Moonlight Sonata" and watching Pankowski and Shaver score in the 2019 Natty game in a continuous loop would be quite a trip.
                              Hmmmm, I think whatever you are on, is already doing the trick.

Comment

Switch to Rachmaninoff's Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 in C# Minor and you might be on something as CROSS BAR suggests...
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-04-2022, 03:25 PM.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X