Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Sorry, but I pay as much, or more, for my parking as I do for my hockey tickets.
    On the flip side, I see an enormous disadvantage with the parking sticker. I get my parking passes printed out, in case I won't be on time, and others in my party can use the pass. Someone will have a creative way to move the sticker from vehicle to vehicle though. Life in the big city!
    How is any of that a reason or justification for being rude?

Comment

• Anyone else having problems using the ticket web site? 90% of the time I am denied access because I am perceived to be a bot because I type too fast (trust me, that is a joke), or I don't allow cookies (not true), or I have apps neither I nor my sons (who have Linux on their desktops and phones, have mined bitcoins, etc.) have ever heard of. On one occasion, the site posted tips on how to activate cookies on IE6 which Microsoft terminated years ago. On another, when I tried to reset my password (my existing one apparently got deleted), I was asked if I wanted a temporary password emailed to my old email address (my current one is listed in my account profile and has been the one I have used for the last 3-4 years). On the multiple occasions I managed to get temporary PWs emailed to the correct email, they failed to allow entry of a new password, simply repeated the initial screen to repeat the request. I and my sons also have tried both Edge and Firebox and the results have been identical.

From other postings, others don’t appear to have had problems other than ones about failures to be notified about the availability of tickets as has been the case in the past, the price increase, and parking. So, I may be unique and do plan to call and discuss this with the ticket office, hopefully with someone who is not a bot and proficient in the workings of the site.

As matters stand, should getting my situation resolved prove to require further frustrating efforts, I simply may move to a BTN+ subscription through the WCHA. I certainly would miss the LaBahn energy, but my sanity is more important. Any suggestions for possible solutions will be welcomed. Merci.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
        Anyone else having problems using the ticket web site? 90% of the time I am denied access because I am perceived to be a bot because I type too fast (trust me, that is a joke), or I don't allow cookies (not true), or I have apps neither I nor my sons (who have Linux on their desktops and phones, have mined bitcoins, etc.) have ever heard of. On one occasion, the site posted tips on how to activate cookies on IE6 which Microsoft terminated years ago. On another, when I tried to reset my password (my existing one apparently got deleted), I was asked if I wanted a temporary password emailed to my old email address (my current one is listed in my account profile and has been the one I have used for the last 3-4 years). On the multiple occasions I managed to get temporary PWs emailed to the correct email, they failed to allow entry of a new password, simply repeated the initial screen to repeat the request. I and my sons also have tried both Edge and Firebox and the results have been identical.

From other postings, others don’t appear to have had problems other than ones about failures to be notified about the availability of tickets as has been the case in the past, the price increase, and parking. So, I may be unique and do plan to call and discuss this with the ticket office, hopefully with someone who is not a bot and proficient in the workings of the site.

As matters stand, should getting my situation resolved prove to require further frustrating efforts, I simply may move to a BTN+ subscription through the WCHA. I certainly would miss the LaBahn energy, but my sanity is more important. Any suggestions for possible solutions will be welcomed. Merci.
        I've gotten that message about being a bot a number of times. But I just refresh, or go out and come back in, and it disappears and I'm at the web site, etc. No changing passwords or doing anything with cookies, etc.

You could also just call the ticket office and do whatever over the phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          You may want to check if there is any type of accommodation that they can make (sort of like a handicapped parking space, but not). Public entities are supposedly all about accessibility, so at least give them a chance to demonstrate that they are.
          I appreciate the thought. My wife and I are considering getting a handicap parking permit from Maddy's Dr. It does her good to walk, so there is a balance there between enough and too much walking. Seems like when she is motivated she sucks it up to walk and yes she is motivated to go to hockey games.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
            Watt size violin do I play that sad tune on, I wonder?
            It's quite a big change since previously there was a sign on lot 91 that specifically said you got to park there for free for women's hockey (though occasionally you did get charged), so I'm just trying to make conversation with folks who would like to talk about the big change. You could have skipped this post and just went into the comparison of Watts you have to pay, that would have made for an interesting discussion.

If you do play any sized violin I really enjoy Moonlight Sonata.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It's quite a big change since previously there was a sign on lot 91 that specifically said you got to park there for free for women's hockey (though occasionally you did get charged), so I'm just trying to make conversation with folks who would like to talk about the big change. You could have skipped this post and just went into the comparison of Watts you have to pay, that would have made for an interesting discussion.

If you do play any sized violin I really enjoy Moonlight Sonata.
              Excellent choice...
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzWDs26YL9Y (So good on so many levels.)

And if your going to run with it you might enjoy these as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbM7kZz-lU&t=118s Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto 2 (Absolutely beautiful piece)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QtGOWemQhY&t=59s Massenet - "Meditation from Thais" (might make you cry it is so good.)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKxJlsKkkc Paganini - Sauret Cadenza (This guy's finger work is incredible.)

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

My wife and I are considering getting a handicap parking permit from Maddy's Dr. It does her good to walk, so there is a balance there between enough and too much walking.
                It seems like it would be nice if you had the choice. Walking is usually very healthy for all of us. In dim light on slippery streets dodging vehicles with poorly-scraped windshields may not be the best time for her to get her cardio workout.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Excellent choice...
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzWDs26YL9Y (So good on so many levels.)

And if your going to run with it you might enjoy these as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbM7kZz-lU&t=118s Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto 2 (Absolutely beautiful piece)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QtGOWemQhY&t=59s Massenet - "Meditation from Thais" (might make you cry it is so good.)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKxJlsKkkc Paganini - Sauret Cadenza (This guy's finger work is incredible.)
                  Cool I will have to check those out. So much music and so little time.

Interesting story about how I heard Moonlight the first time. Back around 1990 there was a series about WWII aviation, maybe Wings of the Luftwaffe or something else, and whenever they showed a plane getting shot up with old combat footage by another plane, that played that song. It took a while to ID the song, but I did somehow. Of course WWII is mega sad, but that song is mesmerizing.

Comment

Cool I will have to check those out. So much music and so little time.
                    Very true....

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Interesting story about how I heard Moonlight the first time. Back around 1990 there was a series about WWII aviation, maybe Wings of the Luftwaffe or something else, and whenever they showed a plane getting shot up with old combat footage by another plane, that played that song. It took a while to ID the song, but I did somehow. Of course WWII is mega sad, but that song is mesmerizing.
                    Good story...Interesting choice to have that play when the planes were in combat.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I've gotten that message about being a bot a number of times. But I just refresh, or go out and come back in, and it disappears and I'm at the web site, etc. No changing passwords or doing anything with cookies, etc.

You could also just call the ticket office and do whatever over the phone.
                      Thanks to Robert for reply to the problems I have trying to order tix online. The final answer I was given is that I have logged too many entries to the purchasing page. Since I only access that page to buy tix once they become available, that has to be a very small, nay miniscule number. Only solution offered was to logon "incognito". I will miss LaBahn, but I took a pass.

BTW, this limitation appears to apply across all tix to any sport, even those for which I never have purchased any. I tried them as a test. I must be on someone's "most NOT wanted" list.

Comment

Thanks to Robert for reply to the problems I have trying to order tix online. The final answer I was given is that I have logged too many entries to the purchasing page. Since I only access that page to buy tix once they become available, that has to be a very small, nay miniscule number. Only solution offered was to logon "incognito". I will miss LaBahn, but I took a pass.

BTW, this limitation appears to apply across all tix to any sport, even those for which I never have purchased any. I tried them as a test. I must be on someone's "most NOT wanted" list.
                        You were on the phone with them, but didn't buy your tickets from them while you were on the phone with them?!? What in the world...???

Comment

Sounds like you got some bad advice/info from the ticket office. One would think you could just reset your password and continue on.

When I called and ordered my parking pass, I did not know if I had to buy them through my wife's account that the season tickets are purchased under or my account that I buy other/additional tickets from. The guy was shockingly helpful and actually looked at both accounts with me on the phone. I thought he would not share my wife's account info with me, but he did. He knew all the emails and passwords. I was rather impressed. I'd call back and get it straightened out.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

You were on the phone with them, but didn't buy your tickets from them while you were on the phone with them?!? What in the world...???
                            Robert,

The amount of time and the number of failures pursuing incorrect solutions were far more than I have become accustomed to when dealing with logon problems. It has been a while since I encountered a problem accessing other web sites but resolving those generally took only 5-10 minutes. A short step to verify my identity followed by issuance of a temporary ID that worked.

This one spanned several days, multiple phone calls and attempts by support staff that failed, and repeated temporary passwords that simply led to more temporary passwords - none of which were successful. In other words, an excessive waste of time to no avail. In retrospect, the “cute” message that I might be a bot set off some alarms, which I dismissed, that there might be some difficulty. But the extent to which it would occur never entered my mind.

Furthermore, I don’t recall a sincere apology for all the repeated failures to get the app to work, nor was I able to talk with someone who worked in IT support (i.e., someone familiar with the details of the app). I got the impression such a person is not available to the athletic department ticket office staff. The final option offered simply was to go “incognito”. Sorry, not interested.

Basically, I found the customer support woefully inadequate and the quality of the app seriously wanting. As I note above, there are very simple ways by other sites to handle my problem assuming an app can handle temporary passwrords. I also began to entertain the possibility the purchasing app is from a third party and local expertise in it for support with issues like mine is lacking. It was time (no pun intended) to cut my losses. Had they offered me free tickets, I might have relented. But I couldn’t hold my breath that long. Now, I hope the B1G+ app from WCHA will be less complicated to use.

Comment

Robert,

The amount of time and the number of failures pursuing incorrect solutions were far more than I have become accustomed to when dealing with logon problems. It has been a while since I encountered a problem accessing other web sites but resolving those generally took only 5-10 minutes. A short step to verify my identity followed by issuance of a temporary ID that worked.

This one spanned several days, multiple phone calls and attempts by support staff that failed, and repeated temporary passwords that simply led to more temporary passwords - none of which were successful. In other words, an excessive waste of time to no avail. In retrospect, the “cute” message that I might be a bot set off some alarms, which I dismissed, that there might be some difficulty. But the extent to which it would occur never entered my mind.

Furthermore, I don’t recall a sincere apology for all the repeated failures to get the app to work, nor was I able to talk with someone who worked in IT support (i.e., someone familiar with the details of the app). I got the impression such a person is not available to the athletic department ticket office staff. The final option offered simply was to go “incognito”. Sorry, not interested.

Basically, I found the customer support woefully inadequate and the quality of the app seriously wanting. As I note above, there are very simple ways by other sites to handle my problem assuming an app can handle temporary passwrords. I also began to entertain the possibility the purchasing app is from a third party and local expertise in it for support with issues like mine is lacking. It was time (no pun intended) to cut my losses. Had they offered me free tickets, I might have relented. But I couldn’t hold my breath that long. Now, I hope the B1G+ app from WCHA will be less complicated to use.
                              You wanna pout, or do you want to watch Wisconsin play hockey in person? YOU get to choose.

Good Lord!!

Comment

• Patricio,

I just have to believe that if you can connect with a management level person, you'll get the tickets you want fairly painlessly. I have no connection to the University of Wisconsin. But it took me all of the 3 minutes to find this information on the UW Website:

Sean Smalley
                                Athletic Ticket Operations Manager SS4@athletics.wisc.edu (608) 262-4209

It's possible that the solution will be a manual override, rather than a fix to your log-in problem. But wouldn't that be an infinitely better outcome? I just hate the idea of a hockey fan giving up on attending in person, due to this kind of glitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X