No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day after that WCHA Championship, I was watching S-SM (featuring Blayre Turnbull) dismantle the MN Thoroughbreds (with Stephanie Anderson) and overheard the Gopher coaches lamenting the absence of Emily West on the ice for coverage on Nash's goal. Obviously, she'd missed most of the season after getting hurt at Clarkson and eventually opting for surgery, but the top six up front of that UM team wasn't the same w/o her, just like no Schoullis left a hole the previous season. Having both of those two as fifth-year players proved pivotal in 2012 when the 10th forward was Anderson, Lorence, or Bona, depending on the rotation. There are likely some highlights we could post from that year's UW vs UM final, but it would have to be the NCAA variety.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      The day after that WCHA Championship, I was watching S-SM (featuring Blayre Turnbull) dismantle the MN Thoroughbreds (with Stephanie Anderson) and overheard the Gopher coaches lamenting the absence of Emily West on the ice for coverage on Nash's goal. Obviously, she'd missed most of the season after getting hurt at Clarkson and eventually opting for surgery, but the top six up front of that UM team wasn't the same w/o her, just like no Schoullis left a hole the previous season. Having both of those two as fifth-year players proved pivotal in 2012 when the 10th forward was Anderson, Lorence, or Bona, depending on the rotation. There are likely some highlights we could post from that year's UW vs UM final, but it would have to be the NCAA variety.
      I watched that one in person. Yes, probably even more so memorable. Just not as much fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I was wondering how Maddie Posick's game was going to translate into playing professional hockey in Sweden, being a 4th line player at WI, so I started following the team on Twitter. Turn's out she's playing Backer instead of Forward. That makes more sense. Pettet and Mauermann are also on the team. The only other player I recognize on the roster is Tatum Skaggs, who also has a WI connection.
        I'm not sure how long I will follow the team as they just clog my timeline with posts that are not in English. Don't they realize the world is global now?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm not sure how long I will follow the team as they just clog my timeline with posts that are not in English. Don't they realize the world is global now?
          How many press releases does UW send out in Swedish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

Fair point...Actually might be an improvement
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Fair point...Actually might be an improvement
              Excellent observation!

Comment

They might as well transcribe MJ's pressers in Swedish since you can predict Watts he is going to say most of the time. I wish he was a little looser with the tongue once and awhile. It's ok to say "yeah I ran into Frosty at the world jrs and I bought him a coffee and spit in it before I gave it to him."

Comment

It's ok to say "yeah I ran into Frosty at the world jrs and I bought him a coffee and spit in it before I gave it to him."

ja jag st?tte p? Frosty p? the world jrs och jag k?pte en kaffe till honom och spottade i den innan jag gav den till honom :-)

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

ja jag st?tte p? Frosty p? the world jrs och jag k?pte en kaffe till honom och spottade i den innan jag gav den till honom :-)
                    Is that what it would be in Swedish?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It appears it is... Accordling to Google translate. Definitely better in swedish.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE

Comment

Once again the fan forum does its part towards promoting cultural diversity.

Comment

I can't believe you found a video of Frosty cooking back when he was in college. How cool is that.

Comment

• FYI Season tickets went on sale today.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                                FYI Season tickets went on sale today.
                                Are they taking payment in Krona?

Comment

Working...
                                X