No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am beyond excited for the D corps this season. Potter and Murphy are legit step right in and you won't notice anything go wrong D. Edwards and LaMa return, Buchbinder and KK return from the Olympic program, and Jungels is clearly in the same boat as Potter and Murphy. The only true stay at home D are Edwards and Buchbinder. The rest all have offensive juju. This is the best D corps UW has ever had. I'm not sure the opposing team will ever possess the puck in the UW zone. Of the other returning D, does Kotlowski beat any of these Fr players out?

I hope UW F's can score some goals.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I am beyond excited for the D corps this season. Potter and Murphy are legit step right in and you won't notice anything go wrong D. Edwards and LaMa return, Buchbinder and KK return from the Olympic program, and Jungels is clearly in the same boat as Potter and Murphy. The only true stay at home D are Edwards and Buchbinder. The rest all have offensive juju. This is the best D corps UW has ever had. I'm not sure the opposing team will ever possess the puck in the UW zone. Of the other returning D, does Kotlowski beat any of these Fr players out?

The sinners will start to look like bc with both defensemen below the top edge of the faceoff circle in the offensive zone. What could go wrong there?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I am beyond excited for the D corps this season. Potter and Murphy are legit step right in and you won't notice anything go wrong D. Edwards and LaMa return, Buchbinder and KK return from the Olympic program, and Jungels is clearly in the same boat as Potter and Murphy. The only true stay at home D are Edwards and Buchbinder. The rest all have offensive juju. This is the best D corps UW has ever had. I'm not sure the opposing team will ever possess the puck in the UW zone. Of the other returning D, does Kotlowski beat any of these Fr players out?

I believe Potter and Murphy don't join until 23-24. They aren't in the seven newcomers article from this year.

Comment

• I went to the US-Finland game last night. Finland was overmatched, but their goalie played very well and kept them more or less in the game until the final 6 minute or so. Of the US players, I believe Potter was the hands down best one on D. She was fast, aggressive, played like a F at times, and solid at D. She will be a great addition to the 23-24 D.

On O, Laila Edwards clearly will be a force to deal with, and I hope they position her around the crease a lot - her size makes her hard to deal with. But the top O player last night was Tessa Janecke who showed great speed, a scary shot, and focused aggressiveness. Given her history at NAHA, I found myself wondering if anyone other than Penn State (where she is headed) bothered to recruit her. Bucky will need to pay special attention to her in the opening weekend of the coming season.

I was not planning on going to the games again until the championship one, but now am thinking of going to the Canada game tomorrow to see if Janeke and Potter can replicate last night’s performances

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
            I went to the US-Finland game last night. Finland was overmatched, but their goalie played very well and kept them more or less in the game until the final 6 minute or so. Of the US players, I believe Potter was the hands down best one on D. She was fast, aggressive, played like a F at times, and solid at D. She will be a great addition to the 23-24 D.

On O, Laila Edwards clearly will be a force to deal with, and I hope they position her around the crease a lot - her size makes her hard to deal with. But the top O player last night was Tessa Janecke who showed great speed, a scary shot, and focused aggressiveness. Given her history at NAHA, I found myself wondering if anyone other than Penn State (where she is headed) bothered to recruit her. Bucky will need to pay special attention to her in the opening weekend of the coming season.

I was not planning on going to the games again until the championship one, but now am thinking of going to the Canada game tomorrow to see if Janeke and Potter can replicate last night’s performances
            Janecke also had a goal Monday vs Sweden. But Monday, Hall and Edwards were at least her equal, and last night Edwards that again. And Kirsten Simms has had a couple good nights feeding them.

But yes, I'm happy that Janecke will be in the CHA and the WCHA.

(There were so many "team Janecke" t-shirts around me last night, I asked where I went to pick mine up.)

Comment

I went to the US-Finland game last night. Finland was overmatched, but their goalie played very well and kept them more or less in the game until the final 6 minute or so. Of the US players, I believe Potter was the hands down best one on D. She was fast, aggressive, played like a F at times, and solid at D. She will be a great addition to the 23-24 D.

Curious what you mean about whether anyone else bothered to recruit Janecke? Not being snarky, just trying to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                I believe Potter and Murphy don't join until 23-24. They aren't in the seven newcomers article from this year.
                HA! Potter is a 23-24. So is Murphy. Even better when they replace Lama and Buchbinder. I'm so excited I'm losing my mind. Too much thinner last night. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Curious what you mean about whether anyone else bothered to recruit Janecke? Not being snarky, just trying to understand.
                  I would have expected that her choices for college would have included some of the top programs given her history at NAHA. Simply curious to know if any of these also recruited her and her reasons for choosing Penn State. It may well be that winning titles is not her major priority/value for which I would give her kudos.

Comment

I would have expected that her choices for college would have included some of the top programs given her history at NAHA. Simply curious to know if any of these also recruited her and her reasons for choosing Penn State. It may well be that winning titles is not her major priority/value for which I would give her kudos.
                    I'm a little hesitant, because I could only hear bits of the conversation, but if I overheard correctly, a couple of her relatives were talking about her centering a line instead of being a winger, and how she or they would have preferred to have her playing on the outside instead. And if I heard them correctly, one them had had much the same conversation earlier with Frosty, and he completely agreed with them. So one could infer that Frosty was very much aware of her abilities, and likely tried to get her to Minn, etc.

And there had been a relative who's a Penn State grad?

Comment

Got it, thanks!
                      Like you I assume she was recruited many places and is simply breaking the mold (a bit- Penn State is starting to get more of these U18 national team players).

Comment

• I was wondering how Maddie Posick's game was going to translate into playing professional hockey in Sweden, being a 4th line player at WI, so I started following the team on Twitter. Turn's out she's playing Backer instead of Forward. That makes more sense. Pettet and Mauermann are also on the team. The only other player I recognize on the roster is Tatum Skaggs, who also has a WI connection.

Comment

• The new head coach at LIU is Badger Kelly Nash!

One more excuse to post her OT goal to win the WCHA tournament in 2011. (I love her 'bat flip'.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YpSElHxJk

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            The new head coach at LIU is Badger Kelly Nash!

One more excuse to post her OT goal to win the WCHA tournament in 2011. (I love her 'bat flip'.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YpSElHxJk
                            Watts a great pinch by the D there, then took it down the boards and centered it to Nash. Great play.

Comment

Watts a great pinch by the D there, then took it down the boards and centered it to Nash. Great play.
                              Wisconsin trailed 4-2 with seven minutes remaining in the third. They got two goals within a couple minutes to tie it, and then Nash was the OT winner. A very memorable game (as I'm sure our Gopher friends would agree :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Wisconsin trailed 4-2 with seven minutes remaining in the third. They got two goals within a couple minutes to tie it, and then Nash was the OT winner. A very memorable game (as I'm sure our Gopher friends would agree :-)
                                Minnesota basically played two lines for most of that game, and were completely spent by the end of the second period. My seat was right next to the Gopher bench, and there were several times I thought Sarah Davis had died as she came off on a line change. The only thing that surprised me about the outcome was that it took Wisconsin a lot longer to tie it up, and then a lot longer into overtime to win it, than I expected it would.

The Gophers gave it everything they had, but with a third line that scored five goals, combined, all year, Wisconsin was just a much, much better team.

Comment

Working...
                                X