Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Hey that's me! LaBahn is not a premiere hockey facility. It could have been, but they cheaped it out. It's not a dump, it's very nice and well kept, but not premiere. The fans make LaBahn premiere. I've never been to Ridder, for those who have been for both would you say Ridder is a better facility than LaBahn?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Hey that's me! LaBahn is not a premiere hockey facility. It could have been, but they cheaped it out. It's not a dump, it's very nice and well kept, but not premiere. The fans make LaBahn premiere. I've never been to Ridder, for those who have been for both would you say Ridder is a better facility than LaBahn?
      Head-to-head, Ridder is probably better. It's concrete-y, but more spacious. The entryway is large and so access is much easier. The concession area is bigger. And because the facility is large, there's room for more photos and displays. The sound system is worse (if that's even possible). The jumbotron is central to the ice so is more visible. (Why in the world can't the UW spring for a decent scoreboard???)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

Head-to-head, Ridder is probably better. It's concrete-y, but more spacious. The entryway is large and so access is much easier. The concession area is bigger. And because the facility is large, there's room for more photos and displays. The sound system is worse (if that's even possible). The jumbotron is central to the ice so is more visible. (Why in the world can't the UW spring for a decent scoreboard???)
        The concession area may be bigger but the food was worse. LaBahn isn't all that great for food, but Ridder was worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

When I googled Sarah MacEachern, the first thing listed in the search result was an article from 2020 about her, and the bit that showed on the google search result page included the sentence "She has committed to attending St. Lawrence University in Canton...". So I assumed that was in reference to MacEachern, and looked no further. After seeing that Nicole Haase had tweeted a list that included MacEachern in with the Cornell commits, I went back and saw that the sentence in the 2020 article that mentioned St Lawrence was in reference to another player.

So, yes, make that six from the Canadian U18 team for Cornell.
          This morning, before I go sit on my butt in LaBahn for six hours, I walk over to my local gym to get some exercise. And on my way, I see a couple looking around, looking back down at their phone, looking around some more; clearly unsure where they are or where they're going. So I ask if they need some help, directions, etc. They say they're out for a walk, how do we get to campus and the hockey arena? I say 'women's U18 tournament?' 'Yes'. Who are you here to see?' 'Our daughter.' 'Oh, where are you from?' 'Canada. Prince Edwards Island.'

Sarah MacEachern's parents. It's a very small world, after all. :-)

Comment

This morning, before I go sit on my butt in LaBahn for six hours,
            Just do 5 laps around the concourse per food item you buy and it balances out.

I wonder if they will be selling tourney gear in the pro shop? I wouldn't mind picking up a Team USA or Germany hat.

Comment

• The good news from the fist game for UW is that recruit Ava Murphy looked solid on D, consistently where she was supposed to be, good with the puck, drew a penalty early on. One puck got through her at the point and turned into a chance for Finland, but a good backcheck by her partner bailed her out.

Comment

The good news from the fist game for UW is that recruit Ava Murphy looked solid on D, consistently where she was supposed to be, good with the puck, drew a penalty early on. One puck got through her at the point and turned into a chance for Finland, but a good backcheck by her partner bailed her out.
                I think she played very well. Definitely not a stay-at-home d but not but not risky on the offensive side either. Had at least 2 sog, played pp and pk. She will fit right in.

Comment

• Wisconsin 3 Sweden 0 after 1.

Comment

• Impressed with both the size and talent of Edwards, Hall and Gorbatenko. I guess the Norby-Mauermann-Pettet-Wellhausen small forward is over. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I think she played very well. Definitely not a stay-at-home d but not but not risky on the offensive side either. Had at least 2 sog, played pp and pk. She will fit right in.
                      Canada's first goal vs Sweden was credited to Kirchmair, but Murphy led the line to the bench. Murphy took a shot from above the face off circle that trickled through the goalie. Maybe Kirchmair touched before to crossed the line, but it was Murphy's shot.

Comment

• Potter absolute loves to take chances. Maybe because of the competition. Very aggressive, way more than Murphy.

Comment

The concession area may be bigger but the food was worse. LaBahn isn't all that great for food, but Ridder was worse.
                          I have not visited the concessions at LaBahn. Even without an in person comparison I emphatically endorse this opinion. The food choices and quality of the food inside the arena at Ridder is a major black eye. They do not even have the concession basic at every high school arena I have ever been to, a popcorn popper. It is embarrassing.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                            I have not visited the concessions at LaBahn. Even without an in person comparison I emphatically endorse this opinion. The food choices and quality of the food inside the arena at Ridder is a major black eye. They do not even have the concession basic at every high school arena I have ever been to, a popcorn popper. It is embarrassing.
                            LaBahn has a popcorn popper with a sales table next to it, away from the crowd at the small main concession space (and each can cause its own traffic jam on the concourse), and as best I know, besides regular sizes etc, there is an 'all you can eat, free refills' bucket option. So that's gotta be a win for LaBahn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                              It’s odd how venues screw this up. A couple years ago my family went to a Beauts game in Buffalo when they were at Harbor Center. They were selling beer but didn’t really have food for kids. A popcorn popper is a win for LaBahn lol, and it sounds like Ridder needs to get it together!

Comment

LaBahn has a popcorn popper with a sales table next to it, away from the crowd at the small main concession space (and each can cause its own traffic jam on the concourse), and as best I know, besides regular sizes etc, there is an 'all you can eat, free refills' bucket option. So that's gotta be a win for LaBahn.
                                The all-you-can-eat popcorn bucket at LaBahn and the Chocolate Shoppe ice cream stand, both separate from the primary concession stand, have both more than made up for the deficiencies in the options over the years. Particularly for families coming to the game, the popcorn has always been a huge hit. (That said, the section 2 after the Canada-Finland game was a popcorn laden war zone.)

Comment

Working...
                                X