No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In response to TimothyA’s reply to my previous post, I certainly expect schools other than UW and OSU to be interested in recruiting the two Fs I mentioned on the U18 team. In fact, I will be surprised if MN and Duluth doesn’t approach them, especially St. Martin who is a native of MN. St Cloud (coached by Idalski) and the other WCHA schools also might be interested, but I don’t see any of these being as attractive as the WCHA’s top 4. The top eastern schools also will be interested. The point I was trying to make is that OSU landing one or both (in addition to the Webster transfer) might portend a trend in F recruit perceptions of OSU as a preferred destination akin to what it appears to have for Ds.

As for the two U18s in question, I believe they will debut in the 24-25 season. My current projected roster list for that season shows UW with 12Fs. One of the 12 is Picard, but further problems with knee injuries could limit her availability. Another is Holloway who is extending her stay as SSM in an effort to improve her level of play. Depending on how successful that is, using a redshirt year might be an option if BOTH were to sign with the UW. Of course, these factors will be rendered moot if neither player opts for the UW. I currently show a maximum of 8Fs for the 25-26 season which would offer room for everyone, and also require some additional recruiting which may have to factor in USA Hockey once again plundering rosters of college teams.

As for Tim’s comments about the field hockey aspect of Webster’s transfer, no argument. I and several friends have watched a few matches and don’t find it as alluring as hockey. It seems the short sticks would put an uncomfortable strain on one’s lower back but that only is the case when one is actually is handling the ball or for the D defending opponent with it, probably limiting the amount of time that this is an issue. Still, why not use a longer stick. Likewise, we find the flow of the game to be considerably slower, less engaging to watch which a longer stick might change. But 79 D1 colleges field teams as do 10 in D2 and 36 in D3 attesting to its popularity. In any case, the seasons do overlap so it will be interesting to see if playing both creates any issues for Webster’s impact on both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
      [FONT=Calibri]In response to TimothyA’s reply
      (Why do you 'bold' everything?)

Comment

• Canada finally announced their roster for the U18s. Mostly east coast commits, two Duluth, two Ohio St, one Wisconsin - D Ava Murphy. Three for BU and five for Cornell.

https://twitter.com/HockeyCanada/sta...19857526018050

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

(Why do you 'bold' everything?)
          Just experimenting with readabilty.

Comment

Just experimenting with readabilty.
            As we used to say in the computer lab at work - the experiment was a success, the premise failed.

Comment

Canada finally announced their roster for the U18s. Mostly east coast commits, two Duluth, two Ohio St, one Wisconsin - D Ava Murphy. Three for BU and five for Cornell.

Duluth's are a D and a Goalie (given Dultuh's record with gaolies, I suspect she is good). Since Muzerall is involved with Canada's youth development program, I am curious who the OSU commits are. Apparently she doesn't rely soley on transfers. Merci.
              Last edited by Patricio; 05-30-2022, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Duluth's are a D and a Goalie (given Dultuh's record with gaolies, I suspect she is good). Since Muzerall is involved with Canada's youth development program, I am curious who the OSU commits are. Apparently she doesn't rely soley on transfers. Merci.
                Two forwards, Jocelyn Amos and Jordan Baxter.

Comment

Canada finally announced their roster for the U18s. Mostly east coast commits, two Duluth, two Ohio St, one Wisconsin - D Ava Murphy. Three for BU and five for Cornell.

Six for Cornell. Prefontaine is most likely the Cornell commit you were missing in your count.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattj711 View Post

Six for Cornell. Prefontaine is most likely the Cornell commit you were missing in your count.

I went through and googled each, one by one, and wrote down what I found. I found five for Cornell: Piper Grober, Alyssa Regalado, Avi Adam, Karel Prefontaine, and Mckenna Van Gelder.

Certainly I could have gotten something wrong. But I got five for Cornell.

(And BTW, whatever happened to naming girls Susan and Mary and Jane? :-) )
                    Last edited by robertearle; 05-30-2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I went through and googled each, one by one, and wrote down what I found. I found five for Cornell: Piper Grober, Alyssa Regalado, Avi Adam, Karel Prefontaine, and Mckenna Van Gelder.

I believe Van Gelder is the 6th Cornell commit you are looking for.

As for Susan, Mary, Jane et. al., I know of a girl named Hypatia after an ancient Egyptian woman that is purported to be the first female mathematician. The mother is a statistics professor. She doesn't get confused for anyone else in school.

Comment

I believe Van Gelder is the 6th Cornell commit you are looking for.
                        Huh?

I found five. I listed the five I found. Van Gelder was one of those five.

So... huh?

Comment

When I googled Sarah MacEachern, the first thing listed in the search result was an article from 2020 about her, and the bit that showed on the google search result page included the sentence "She has committed to attending St. Lawrence University in Canton...". So I assumed that was in reference to MacEachern, and looked no further. After seeing that Nicole Haase had tweeted a list that included MacEachern in with the Cornell commits, I went back and saw that the sentence in the 2020 article that mentioned St Lawrence was in reference to another player.

So, yes, make that six from the Canadian U18 team for Cornell.

Comment

• My apologies to Robert Earle about my error on the 6th Canadian U18 and Cornell. I went back to check and found my error - 6th is MacEachern as he notes in the preceding post.

Comment

Since Muzerall is involved with Canada's youth development program, I am curious who the OSU commits are. Apparently she doesn't rely soley on transfers. Merci.
                              They aren't there yet.....
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2022/..._leads_the_way

For the spoiled Wisco fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X