No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't recall seeing this anywhere....Ava Murphy has committed to UW for 2023; she is playing for the Oakville Hornets. She calls herself a 2 way play making defender who has a physical side. She played with boys prior to Oakville when she was playing in Kitchener. She is listed on the Canadian U18 40 player roster.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Webster 2021-22 page and 2021-22 roster fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

She was a freshman in 2017-2018, so she's already completing her fifth year 'on campus' (a phrase that becomes more problematic in the COVID era). Likely more of a question of her simply graduating and moving on being answered, as opposed to a question of eligibility.
        Yup, Cronish posted on her instagram - and reposted on the team instagram - a couple photos of her with LaMantia, Watts, Schneider, Bowlby, Posick and Pettet all in cap-and-gown with the caption "what the heck".

Meaning, I guess, despite graduating, what the heck, let's play one more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdeRvsVOFXa/

Comment

Webster 2021-22 page and 2021-22 roster fixed.
          Stop! You are ruining the fun of trying to do a puzzle with your hands tied behind your back and a blindfold on.

Comment

Yup, Cronish posted on her instagram - and reposted on the team instagram - a couple photos of her with LaMantia, Watts, Schneider, Bowlby, Posick and Pettet all in cap-and-gown with the caption "what the heck".

Meaning, I guess, despite graduating, what the heck, let's play one more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdeRvsVOFXa/
            That is a great picture. Makes the goalie situation a little more interesting next year.

Comment

• I was right!

Comment

• Originally posted by drhockey View Post
                I was right!
                Didn't you know you were right when you posted "my source tells me webster to OSU is a done deal" on May 1st?

Comment

didn't you know you were right when you posted "my source tells me webster to osu is a done deal" on may 1st?
                  hahahahahahahahaha!

Comment

• The Muzzinator stikes again...(MW)

Sheesh, what would slOwSU do without the transfer portal?

Maybe actually get some freshmen to contribute to the program?
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 05-26-2022, 04:51 PM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      The Muzzinator stikes again...(MW)

Sheesh, what would slOwSU do without the transfer portal?

Maybe actually get some freshmen to contribute to the program?
                      She had no choice but to go there since they are the only school who offers those 2 sports. LOL Freshmen? They don't have thick enough skin to handle the buzz of the Muzz.

Picard via a UW metal health twitter post said this was the second time she torn her ACL and that she took a redshirt for last season, so 4 more years for her. Let's hope she can stay healthy.

And we should not downplay the mental health of these athletes. A few months ago a UW track athlete committed suicide. All because someone seemingly has the world by the tail living out their dreams does not mean in reality that is the case. The human mind is often times a spot where logic is defeated by chemistry. My wife struggles with anxiety at times, it makes no sense as to why she is anxious in certain situations. No amount of coaching or encouragement can defeat it. She knows that and it is frustrating for her. There are ways to cope/deal with it to some extent, but she does not want be medicated for it. The side effects are just about worse than the problem itself, as is the problem with much of modern medicine. Her naturalpath MD has been very helpful with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

She had no choice but to go there since they are the only school who offers those 2 sports. LOL Freshmen? They don't have thick enough skin to handle the buzz of the Muzz.

Picard via a UW metal health twitter post said this was the second time she torn her ACL and that she took a redshirt for last season, so 4 more years for her. Let's hope she can stay healthy.

And we should not downplay the mental health of these athletes. A few months ago a UW track athlete committed suicide. All because someone seemingly has the world by the tail living out their dreams does not mean in reality that is the case. The human mind is often times a spot where logic is defeated by chemistry. My wife struggles with anxiety at times, it makes no sense as to why she is anxious in certain situations. No amount of coaching or encouragement can defeat it. She knows that and it is frustrating for her. There are ways to cope/deal with it to some extent, but she does not want be medicated for it. The side effects are just about worse than the problem itself, as is the problem with much of modern medicine. Her naturalpath MD has been very helpful with this.
                        There were at least five such suicides by NCAA athletes this spring, including Wisconsin runner Sarah Shulze. When Kennedy Blair didn't play at Ohio State near the end of this last hockey season, it was because she asked out for mental health reasons (and to MJ and UW's credit, was given the time).
                        Last edited by robertearle; 05-28-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Webster did have some other choices for schools that offer ice and field hockey. They include:
                          • Penn State ranked 6th in field hockey last season (B1G teams also occupied the top 5 which may have been a factor in her decision). PSU’s hockey team remains a work in progress, however.
                          • Harvard has both, each placing in the 10. Stronger in field hockey but not the ice variety.
                          • BC has both. Its hockey team often ranks in the top 10. Its field hockey finished 14th last season.
                          • Syracuse has both. Its field hockey also ranked 13th, but its hockey program remains in the development phase. Ergo, not a strong candidate.
                          • Princeton's ice hockey team has had moments in the top 10; its field hockey team ranked 17th.
                          I believe Harvard and BC could be seen as viable choices for Webster. But Muzerall is a superior coach who has elevated OSU to a perennial threat to win the NCAA hockey title, hence OSU is the most attractive transfer choice for hockey. She also will be bringing in 2 Ds from the U18 team who will be major forces for the next 4 years – Peschel (who many see as equal to and possibly better than Jungels) and Morrow. Both look like prolific scorers who could team with Jacques to provide some scary offensive punch – similar to a top O-line for most teams. If the potential to add one or more additional hockey championships in her career was a factor, OSU wins hands down.

As for field hockey, OSU ranked 24th last season. But their record was heavily influenced by playing against those top 6 teams in the strongest conference. Given Webster’s reputation from her high school years of field hockey, the level of competition in the B1G likely is appealing and a significant factor in her choice. Also, the addition of such a high-quality player potentially may make OSU more competitive in field hockey improving its chances for titles – thereby possibly making it another desirable portal transfer destination.

A final comment. There are 2 Fs on the U18 team whose recruiting windows open June 15 – Scannell from SSM and St. Martin from Stillwater MN – who look like they will be very solid at the next level. I imagine the UW and OSU (as well as others) will be looking at adding them to their rosters. Should Muzerall land one or both of them, it may signal a pending seismic shift in OSU’s style of play and role in the WCHA and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                            [FONT=Calibri][B][FONT=Arial] A final comment. There are 2 Fs on the U18 team whose recruiting windows open June 15 – Scannell from SSM and St. Martin from Stillwater MN – who look like they will be very solid at the next level. I imagine the UW and OSU (as well as others) will be looking at adding them to their rosters. Should Muzerall land one or both of them, it may signal a pending seismic shift in OSU’s style of play and role in the WCHA and beyond.
                            Muzzy does not seem all that interested in freshmen players. UW has 14 F next year and 11 the next with 3 who could take covid years, so up to 14. I'm not sure there is room at the Inn. I think Idalski would go hard after these 2.

I have watched field hockey a few times and I just can't get into it. Their sticks are way too short; it looks very uncomfortable to play. And the whistle blows all the time and then possession changes but Wattsever happened in the confrontation did not look egregious. Ice hockey has such beautiful flow. Is there club field hockey at UW? If Web has not played for 2 years one would think she would have fallen behind her piers. And it will be curious to see if she misses any ice hockey games playing field hockey. Team mates on one of these teams will be bummed she is missing games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

..... If Web has not played for 2 years one would think she would have fallen behind her piers.
                              One falls off piers and into water or in this case onto frozen ice? ;-) ;-) Or you might fall behind a pier if you had too much thinner. ;-) ;-)
                              Last edited by vicb; 05-29-2022, 07:54 AM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

One falls off piers and into water or in this case onto frozen ice? ;-) ;-) Or you might fall behind a pier if you had too much thinner. ;-) ;-)
                                You beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X