No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see Koch and Crum did not end up on St. Cloud's finalist list. I have no idea if they even applied, just happy to keep the dream team alive. I'm always a little nervous 1 will leave at some point.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• wheels snipe celly, please publish your real name and we will then see the accuracy of your account.

Comment

• Originally posted by clubaclub
        MW knew there wasn’t field hockey when she came to Wisconsin .. I highly doubt Muzzy would let MW much less anybody else play two sports...It is irresponsible to suggest the coaches asked her to leave... Makenna will certainly be missed .. but I wish her well in her Ice and/or grass endeavors ...
        I believe Kenzie Kent played 2 sports at Boston College although it may have been lacrosse. Lynsey Wallace, a walk-on goalie at OSU was in ROTC. So I think it would all be challenging but it doesn’t strike me as unheard of, especially given how good Webster is. From what I can tell field hockey ends at the end of October, or November if your team goes deep in the playoffs. Time will tell.

Comment

• Here is my recapitulation of the Webster portal discussion:
          • She is registered with the portal (public knowledge) but there isn’t confirmation of an actual transfer and that remains the status. If one does occur, that will become public knowledge as well.
          • Wheel Snipe Celly says he was told MW was requested to register with the portal by someone associated with the team but he won’t disclose anything more because any further information should be confidential. I agree with his stand on nondisclosure.
          • DrHockey says Webster wants to transfer to a school where she could play both ice and field hockey. That sounds reasonable given her history playing both at very high levels in high school and soemthing she is entitled to pursue. But, again, no mention of the source for this. He is entitled to nondisclosure as well.
          • There are a number of schools that are strong in hockey that also have field hockey teams. If Webster transfers to one of those, DrHockey’s explanation certainly looks creditable.
          • Regardless of the final outcome, there is no need for an explanation by anyone other than Webster. In my view NO ONE with the women’s hockey program should have said anything other than confirming that she had registered with the portal. Not to acknowledge that would reflect a rather detached interest in the program. But, anybody who did should be disciplined - especially if they used an ambiguous term like “off-ice issues”. Field hockey indeed is played off ice, and it is an issue for the UW if playing is her reason. But it is not something that comes readily to mind in response to the term.
          • Watts did discuss her reasons for her transfer from BC. I found her explanation interesting, and it provided a look at aspects of the game and some of the struggles players have (even top players) I had not thought much about. She didn’t have to, but I was thankful she did. Still, it was for her to do, nobody else. Webster should have the same option.
          Last edited by Patricio; 05-09-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drhockey View Post
            wheels snipe celly, please publish your real name and we will then see the accuracy of your account.
            Not sure Watts that would prove. She's leaving, best wishes to her.

Comment

• The ice at Labahn is ready for the tourney. I can smell and hear the games already. I'm fascinated to see how the attendance shakes out. Hopefully its great and a seed is planted for the future.

Comment

• I went back to review the carryovers on my roster lists for the next few years and found that Webster has been DELETED from last year’s roster on the team site, not something that happened to Grieg and Grant following their transfers. I find this extremely puzzling as she played a major role on the team over the past two years and was voted the MVP for the 2021 Final Four. Frankly, removing her name given how she performed IS something I regard minimally as petty (though some harsher terms come to mind as well). Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                  I went back to review the carryovers on my roster lists for the next few years and found that Webster has been DELETED from last year’s roster on the team site, not something that happened to Grieg and Grant following their transfers. I find this extremely puzzling as she played a major role on the team over the past two years and was voted the MVP for the 2021 Final Four. Frankly, removing her name given how she performed IS something I regard minimally as petty (though some harsher terms come to mind as well). Has anyone ever seen something like this before?
                  Yeah you Google her and you see her in Google and then when you hit the link to go to her stats are "page not found." Her Twitter page still has Wisconsin content on it including her picture on her homepage. The plot thickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I believe Kenzie Kent played 2 sports at Boston College although it may have been lacrosse.
                    It was.

As for the link error discussion, it might be that the update was tasked to someone who didn't know what they were doing, like an intern, they did it incorrectly, and they broke the link. Wouldn't be the first person to screw something up on a computer, although I'm sure it is more fun to speculate of some nefarious doings.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• On the “link error” exchange as it relates to the disappearance of Webster from this past season’s roster, the principal question revolves around why Webster’s bio was removed. Prior to this, the only change since it was posted in August was to reflect Drake’s return. And as has been true of prior rosters, it then remained that way since the end of the season until recently.

It seems fair to say the deletion of Webster occurred via an update as one happened. I can think of three possible explanations:
                      1. It is merely a coincidence resulting from a botched update albeit the reasons for an update are unclear. This would raise the question of why the error has not been corrected.
                      2. It does reflect a desired deletion again for reasons that are unclear.
                      3. It was done by a hacker/hackers for reasons known only to them. This would suggest a need to examine the quality of the security in place for the site – not necessarily a matter the UW would want to air. As in #1, unless the security is truly woeful, one would expect some effort to restore her listing would have occurred.

I hope I am wrong, but I would say that the longer the deletion remains in place the most likely answer is Option #2.

Comment

• I would bet it’s a mistake and it will eventually will be fixed, for many reasons.

Thank goodness there is hockey next month; crossing my fingers it is somehow watchable in an affordable way. I would try to watch the U18 final for sure. Canada released their roster of 40 and Nicole shared the school commitments. What struck me was how spread out it was. Many many schools with 1 commit, OSU and Cornell with multiple commits.

Comment

• I got a check in the mail today, from the UW Athletic Dept. Five dollars. For the cancelled St Thomas series back in January.

LOL

Comment

• Webster is indeed missing from the 2021-2022 team roster page, and the link to her individual player page for that year is 'broken'. But...

She is NOT missing from the 2020-2021 team roster page, and the link to her individual player page there is working.

So if the UW women's hockey "ministry of truth" were trying to wipe out all traces of her existence, they've done a poor job of it. :-)

Also, there is a 2022-2023 roster page (albeit, an incomplete one), and I don't think that has been there very long.

Comment

• Interestingly Kronish was listed on a UW tweet as "returning". Wasn't she a RS Jr last year, meaning it was going to be automatic she was coming back, right? She was going to be a RS Sr, then get her covid year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Interestingly Kronish was listed on a UW tweet as "returning". Wasn't she a RS Jr last year, meaning it was going to be automatic she was coming back, right? She was going to be a RS Sr, then get her covid year.
                                She was a freshman in 2017-2018, so she's already completing her fifth year 'on campus' (a phrase that becomes more problematic in the COVID era). Likely more of a question of her simply graduating and moving on being answered, as opposed to a question of eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X