Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Someone is leaving......way to ruin my weekend.
    Well.. forgive me.. but in the famous words said by no one..” the portal giveth... and the portal taketh..”

Comment

• Originally posted by clubaclub View Post

Well.. forgive me.. but in the famous words said by no one..” the portal giveth... and the portal taketh..”
      gopher thread mentioned LaMantia making a
      move?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post

move?
        Mentioned in jest...

Any BADger supporters know why Webster is in the portal???
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• It will be fascinating to see how O'Brien handles this since she and Webster had played together for the last 6 years? ( I believe there are linemates in high school correct?) And now that one Fr forward coming in deferred for a year so suddenly Wisconsin's down 2 forwards. Maybe she'll come now in the fall.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Mentioned in jest...

Any BADger supporters know why Webster is in the portal???
            she was “requested” to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice.
            Last edited by wheel snipe celly; 04-29-2022, 11:02 PM.
            "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post

move?
              I was looking at instagram just now (looking because Badger volleyball is/are at the Brewers game tonight, throwing out the first pitch) and took a look over at women's hockey page while I was at it. Literally this afternoon, LaMontia posted a "story" (a video that disappears after 24 hours or so): a 'throwback' photo of her and Shirley and Curl with the caption "excited for one last ride @badgerwhockey".

As opposite of 'entering the portal' as you could want to find.
              Last edited by robertearle; 04-29-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
                she was “requested” to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice.
                After 14 hours or so thinking about it and getting over the shock, in the end it's just sad when things don't work out for Wattsever the reason. Breaking up is so hard to do. Best wishes Web.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I was looking at instagram just now (looking because Badger volleyball is/are at the Brewers game tonight, throwing out the first pitch) and took a look over at women's hockey page while I was at it. Literally this afternoon, LaMontia posted a "story" (a video that disappears after 24 hours or so): a 'throwback' photo of her and Shirley and Curl with the caption "excited for one last ride @badgerwhockey".

As opposite of 'entering the portal' as you could want to find.
                  You are quite a detective. I still think if ARM is saying something it's just not a line of BS.

Comment

I still think if ARM is saying something it's just not a line of BS.
                    I tend to joke with you, but for just one time, I'm going to give you some advice in all seriousness ...

Trust what robertearle tells you over anything that I post, and you will live a much happier life.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I tend to joke with you, but for just one time, I'm going to give you some advice in all seriousness ...

Trust what robertearle tells you over anything that I post, and you will live a much happier life.
                      I guess the Webster thing has me on edge.

Comment

• Webster entering portal totally surprised me. She was one player I expected to remain with the UW for her entire career. Given the level of her play, the possibility she may have been requested to leave, if true, is both baffling and stunning.

However, my list of returning and incoming recruits leaves Bucky with 12 Fs. If this is accurate and remains unchanged (and the incoming recruits are even half as talented as advertised), this would mean that Grace Shirley will get to play as a member of more talented balanced line, perhaps enabling her to produce more in line with her high school experience. So I believe the Badgers will remain formidable. But it does raise the possibility of injuries leaving them short of a full 4 O lines.

The Badgers could decide to reverse their decision about Holloway to provide an added forward. But I still prefer she remain at SSM another year to get some added experience against quality competition rather than spending a lot of time on the bench or red shirting. However, if the need to boost F numbers were to become a concern, I believe she could enroll for the second semester at the UW (ala Eden) to provide support.

Hopefully nobody else will go portal. Were that to occur, it could be another challenging year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                          Webster entering portal totally surprised me. She was one player I expected to remain with the UW for her entire career. Given the level of her play, the possibility she may have been requested to leave, if true, is both baffling and stunning.

However, my list of returning and incoming recruits leaves Bucky with 12 Fs. If this is accurate and remains unchanged (and the incoming recruits are even half as talented as advertised), this would mean that Grace Shirley will get to play as a member of more talented balanced line, perhaps enabling her to produce more in line with her high school experience. So I believe the Badgers will remain formidable. But it does raise the possibility of injuries leaving them short of a full 4 O lines.

The Badgers could decide to reverse their decision about Holloway to provide an added forward. But I still prefer she remain at SSM another year to get some added experience against quality competition rather than spending a lot of time on the bench or red shirting. However, if the need to boost F numbers were to become a concern, I believe she could enroll for the second semester at the UW (ala Eden) to provide support.

Hopefully nobody else will go portal. Were that to occur, it could be another challenging year.
                          I see UW with 12 F as well. Will Picard be fully healthy to start the season? Some knee injuries take over 12 months to heal. Would Holloway improve more by playing a lot at SSM or practicing with UW and planning to RS but be that ace in the hole depth-wise in case of a rash of injuries? I show 8 D, could one of them play F decent enough in a pinch on the 4th line?

Last year UW was ultimately torpedoed by transfers out. The porthole cutoff is 5/1. Today is 5/1. News may not travel fast of any other players entering the porthole.

Comment

I see UW with 12 F as well. Will Picard be fully healthy to start the season? Some knee injuries take over 12 months to heal. Would Holloway improve more by playing a lot at SSM or practicing with UW and planning to RS but be that ace in the hole depth-wise in case of a rash of injuries? I show 8 D, could one of them play F decent enough in a pinch on the 4th line?

Last year UW was ultimately torpedoed by transfers out. The porthole cutoff is 5/1. Today is 5/1. News may not travel fast of any other players entering the porthole.
                            My understanding is May 1 - today - is the deadline for athletes to submit the paperwork to transfer without having to sit out a year. It could be a couple days yet before we hear about a last minute entry into the portal.

Comment

Last year UW was ultimately torpedoed by transfers out.
                              Is that true? If you say they couldn't overcome the centralization of Buchbinder, Harvey, Eden, and Curl, sure, I'll buy that. It is harder to believe that some kids who weren't factors in beating Northeastern in 2021 were suddenly the key to losing to the Huskies 12 months later.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Is that true? If you say they couldn't overcome the centralization of Buchbinder, Harvey, Eden, and Curl, sure, I'll buy that. It is harder to believe that some kids who weren't factors in beating Northeastern in 2021 were suddenly the key to losing to the Huskies 12 months later.
                                One could say that UW's season was not a success due to A) Centralization B) Injuries C) Transfers. If any one of the 3 does not happen, they can beat NE and advance. They seemed to be in ok shape early in the year with the players in the A & C pool players gone. Then B hit and that completely exposed their lack of depth. I believe had they retained Greig and Grant, especially Grant, that would have kept enough fingers in the holes in the dike to advance. The D corps was just too leaky to overcome. A team can't live on 3 reliable D and that is Watts they had last year after Nealy went down.

WI had issues scoring as the year went on even with the talented top 2 lines because reliable D making that first reliable pass on the breakout are the key to creating chances. With the most talented D Corps in team history next season, tons of pressure will be put on opposing team's N zone D, which will make a lot of goalies look like sieves.

Comment

Working...
                                X