X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Where will she play then?
    She will most likely play another year for the Shattuck U19 team
    "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

• Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
      She will most likely play another year for the Shattuck U19 team
      So there are U19 teams she can play for, got it. It's kinda sad that she's blowing a year of not being in college, it's a bit of a waste of an academic year. She probably can't even do online courses for fear of them not transferring to UW and losing a year of eligibility. It may have been better to enroll and redshirt just so she can get a start on the bachelor's degree, but I'm sure she's worked through all those angles. I hope it works out for her.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
        Assuming my list of recurring and incoming players are correct for the next 3 years, barring any transfers or flips of this coming season’s recruits, Holloway’s gap year decision still leaves the Badgers with a potential dilemma for 23-24 with 15Fs when I have Vasseur, Hall, and Gorbatenko scheduled to join the team. Redshirts could be considered to bridge to the following season when the number of Fs would drop to 13, but the option to transfer may play a role as well. And, of course, there is the possibility some players will resolve the issue themselves by transferring based on their sentiments about the matter.
        Do you HAVE to give a covid player that extra year, or can you say, no thanks? I see only 1 F who may be in that boat next year. I do think these players understand that when they get to UW, they are not guaranteed playing time as Fr. Coach Crum essentially said that in an interview last year. That being said it is nice to have an out with the portal if you think you can't or don't want to wait. Greig and Grant leaving UW may have cost UW the Natty, it does make me a little bitter they left, but I get it. One still scored another ring and didn't play much, one did not, but had a great season personally.

Comment

Lines...
          Wheeler Compher SS. Compher is an assist orientated player and it could really unleash SS.
          Woz OB Web
          Curl Eden Picard
          Fr - GS - Fr
          took me way too long to realize GS is Grace Shirley and not an unnamed Graduate Student. Sign of the times . :-)

Comment

Do you HAVE to give a covid player that extra year, or can you say, no thanks? I see only 1 F who may be in that boat next year. I do think these players understand that when they get to UW, they are not guaranteed playing time as Fr. Coach Crum essentially said that in an interview last year. That being said it is nice to have an out with the portal if you think you can't or don't want to wait. Greig and Grant leaving UW may have cost UW the Natty, it does make me a little bitter they left, but I get it. One still scored another ring and didn't play much, one did not, but had a great season personally.
            The extra year of eligibility isn't something the school 'gives'; it is something the athlete has for having chosen to play during the 2020-2021 year (or, as I learned recently, the spring 2020 season for spring sports). Your 'current' school doesn't have to keep you on scholarship or even on the roster for that year, just like they don't have to for any year. From the athlete's point of view, that makes the transfer portal a good thing at the right time.

Comment

Assuming my list of recurring and incoming players are correct for the next 3 years, barring any transfers or flips of this coming season’s recruits, Holloway’s gap year decision still leaves the Badgers with a potential dilemma for 23-24 with 15Fs when I have Vasseur, Hall, and Gorbatenko scheduled to join the team. Redshirts could be considered to bridge to the following season when the number of Fs would drop to 13, but the option to transfer may play a role as well. And, of course, there is the possibility some players will resolve the issue themselves by transferring based on their sentiments about the matter.
              According to my spreadsheet, GS's covid year would make 16 F next year. It looks like her So. year there are 11 F on the roster, BUT Web, OB, Curl and Wheeler would have their covid year that year for 15F. Her Jr yr Eden would get the covid year, for a total of 9 F. Looks like a tough line-up to crack. Hopefully she values a degree from WI.

Comment

• Brianna Decker joins SSM Prep as associate head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                  Brianna Decker joins SSM Prep as associate head coach
                  Associate head coach/associate WI recruiting coordinator. Smiley Face. Wink.

Comment

Associate head coach/associate WI recruiting coordinator. Smiley Face. Wink.
                    Lol that job belongs to someone in Pittsburgh

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                      Lol that job belongs to someone in Pittsburgh
                      Who might that be?

Comment

• Holloway’s added year at SSM makes some sense. This will provide another year on a quality team against high level opponents which should be more helpful at developing her skills for eventual play at the collegiate level than a red shirt.

As for pursuing her college degree, I think Holloway should be able to take online classes, if available, from a credited college (e.g., any of the Univ of MN campuses) that would earn credits towards a UW degree. Jungels did this her senior year in high school at U of MN. Given Jungels was eligible for early graduation from high school, she apparently was an exceptional student and quite likely also earned Advanced Placement credits that can be applied to college degree requirements. If Holloway is a high performer academically, she would have AP options available also. I am confident SSM’s academic support staff will be assisting her with her options, quite possibly with UW assistance.

The problem with the number of Fs that may be available in 23-24 remains and I will not be surprised if some players use the portal to address their preferences. If my lists of future recruits are accurate, there is the opposite situation looming for the 25-26 season - substantial shortages of Fs and Ds. But all of this is what the coaching staff gets paid to figure out.

Comment

Holloway’s added year at SSM makes some sense. This will provide another year on a quality team against high level opponents which should be more helpful at developing her skills for eventual play at the collegiate level than a red shirt.

As for pursuing her college degree, I think Holloway should be able to take online classes, if available, from a credited college (e.g., any of the Univ of MN campuses) that would earn credits towards a UW degree. Jungels did this her senior year in high school at U of MN. Given Jungels was eligible for early graduation from high school, she apparently was an exceptional student and quite likely also earned Advanced Placement credits that can be applied to college degree requirements. If Holloway is a high performer academically, she would have AP options available also. I am confident SSM’s academic support staff will be assisting her with her options, quite possibly with UW assistance.

The problem with the number of Fs that may be available in 23-24 remains and I will not be surprised if some players use the portal to address their preferences. If my lists of future recruits are accurate, there is the opposite situation looming for the 25-26 season - substantial shortages of Fs and Ds. But all of this is what the coaching staff gets paid to figure out.
                          There is no “shortage” of forwards- Just few (if any) commitments in the class of 2024. Players are not allowed to be contacted by coaches until June 15 before their Jr year of HS. The 2024 class will start getting calls this summer.

Comment

According to my spreadsheet, GS's covid year would make 16 F next year. It looks like her So. year there are 11 F on the roster, BUT Web, OB, Curl and Wheeler would have their covid year that year for 15F. Her Jr yr Eden would get the covid year, for a total of 9 F. Looks like a tough line-up to crack. Hopefully she values a degree from WI.
                            I am only coming up with 14 forwards for the 23-24 season. Am I missing someone?

Freshman - Vasseur, Gorbatenko, Hall, Holloway
                            Sophomore - Simms, Enright, Edwards
                            Junior - Eden, Picard, Wozniewicz
                            Senior - Curl, Webster, O'Brien, Wheeler

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

I am only coming up with 14 forwards for the 23-24 season. Am I missing someone?

Is the Simms you are listing as a Sophomore Kirsten Simms? If so, she will be a Freshman next year, right? Is there another Simms, maybe a transfer?

Comment

gotta save some room for all the grad transfers using their Covid years

Comment

Working...
                                X