Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
    Well then I think that answers the goaltending question for next year….I’ll be very surprised if she doesn’t end up in Madison.
    If she considers Florence Schelling a mentor, she might end up at Northeastern.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• U18 ticket sales are now 'live'. Yes, assigned seats, but you get to choose your seat by location. You do have to do that day by day, no 'full tournament' package available.

Also, no "print at home" pdf option; all 'virtual' tickets on phone/tablet, etc. (I very much prefer printed pdfs.)
      Last edited by robertearle; 04-01-2022, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• So then I went to see what I could find about the 'Group B' games at Capitol Ice Arena: I don't find a way to buy tickets, which is OK for me but not cool more generally; the game schedule appears to be the same days and I assume the same times - 4 PM and 8 PM for the prelim rounds as at LaBahn.

But, and this is pretty amazing, there is a page at their web site looking for volunteers to work at the Group B games. And not just for ushers, etc; 'goal judge', 'statistician', 'goal review camera operator'! Inducements to volunteering include an event-specific shirt/jacket, and a pair of tickets to a prelim game at LaBahn for a US game.

4 PM an4 8 PM game times, with exit and reentry allowed... Ian's Pizza is gonna do a lot of business that week!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          U18 ticket sales are now 'live'. Yes, assigned seats, but you get to choose your seat by location. You do have to do that day by day, no 'full tournament' package available.

Also, no "print at home" pdf option; all 'virtual' tickets on phone/tablet, etc. (I very much prefer printed pdfs.)
          I bought 2 tickets for 6/6 and 2 for 6/7. All the seats on the glass by the benches were not available (or around in a zone behind the benches), I'm thinking those were blocked out, they were not available for any of the games, so I'm sitting up high instead. It will be fun to watch the play develop better from there than being so low like usual.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Why they couldn't release a schedule before selling tickets is beyond me, but here's the schedule, at least for the A group.

https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...59765652393985

Comment

• So TDM posts a schedule.....looks like I am seeing Canada Finland and US Sweden on Monday and Tuesday Canada Sweden and US Finland. US Canada is Thursday, which I cannot attend due to leaving on vacation Friday. Super excited to see these games!

Comment

• Big news coming down to Madison...soon... stay tuned..

Comment

• Originally posted by clubaclub View Post
                  Big news coming down to Madison...soon... stay tuned..
                  One of the things that 'watchers' do in the volleyball world when they're trying to guess at transfer news coming is look at who is 'following' whose instagram feeds. So I figured I'd see if I could see anything interesting.

The UW women's hockey team account is 'following' Jesse Compher, and Compher is 'following' both UW Women and - maybe a bit oddly - Brenna Curl, Britta's sister (and Casey O'Brian, and Caroline Harvey).

(Braendli not following anyone interesting, at least from a UW point of view.)

So, FWIW.
                  Last edited by robertearle; 04-01-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

One of the things that 'watchers' do in the volleyball world when they're trying to guess at transfer news coming is look at who is 'following' whose instagram feeds. So I figured I'd see if I could see anything interesting.

The UW women's hockey team account is 'following' Jesse Compher, and Compher is 'following' both UW Women and - maybe a bit oddly - Brenna Curl, Britta's sister (and Casey O'Brien, and Caroline Harvey).

(Braendli not following anyone interesting, at least from a UW point of view.)

So, FWIW.
                    Excellent sleuthing. She played 9 games in the covid year, so she would have 1 more year left then? She is an assist orientated player in college anyway g/a.... 9/17, 17/44, 13/16, 7/4. She was 3/1 for Team USA. We shall see.......If I had to pick between her and Brandli, I'd pick Brandli.

UW does have 13 F on the books for this year already, assuming SS is coming back.

Britta has a hockey playing sister!? She graduates HS in 2024.

Comment

• So I'm digging into who can play center next year, or who has experience playing center. OB and GS have for UW. I found line charts from the U18 tourney in 2019 and that both OB and GS played C, long with Eden and Wheeler.

It just amazes me that GS has not done more in college than she has done scoring-wise. I hope she gets to play with some top end talent this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        She played 9 games in the covid year, so she would have 1 more year left then?
                        Just ignore the Covid year. If someone played every game or no games, it gets wiped away in either case. A player doesn't get an extra season if she sat out the Covid year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          A player doesn't get an extra season if she sat out the Covid year.
                          An easier way to think of this is that 2020-21 is the extra year.

Comment

• TDM characterized the covid year as "it didn't count" a few days ago and that concept works in my head. Thanks to all who tried to help me get the concept thru my thick skull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              TDM characterized the covid year as "it didn't count" a few days ago and that concept works in my head.
                              That's especially how I think of it when considering trophies won and team wins and losses. Just like the "wink" emoji that I clicked on here that didn't stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                That's especially how I think of it when considering trophies won and team wins and losses. Just like the "wink" emoji that I clicked on here that didn't stick.
                                A Sunday morning LOL. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X