Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I am going to hold off until I know Watts group/Watts team is playing where. I can't imagine these will sell fast at all playing during the day. I definitely want to see the Gold medal game though. Reserved seating sucks though.
    They have told us that the 'A' group - US, Canada, Finland Sweden - will play their prelim rounds at LaBahn, while the B group - Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia - will play at Capitol Ice. And all elimination/medal rounds will be at LaBahn. So if you buy a ticket during the first four days or so for LaBahn, you know you're getting US and Canada playing each other or Finland/Sweden. As for medals, I thought you were going to be away on vacation?

Comment

• Is it known for certain that SS will be returning next season? I certainly hope so, since she definitely would be an asset on offense if she can return to the form of her first 3 years and as “mentor” for the younger players generally. But I find myself reflecting on the reasons Watts has given for leaving BC after her sophomore year and a phenomenal first year – unhappiness with changes in the offense that lessened her enthusiasm for the game (if I understand her reasons correctly). She then came to the UW since she felt her style of play would not be constrained here (and it wasn't) and responded accordingly. Though the possibility of an undisclosed injury has been posited, I failed to see any evidence of one. From my perspective, she simply appeared flat much of the time, less enthusiastic. Again, I hope she is looking to return to form here not somewhere else or simply by not continuing to play.

Comment

• FYI, sinner fans. One of the Yuckeye's goalies (Andrea Braendli) has entered the transfer portal. Something to ponder...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          FYI, sinner fans. One of the Yuckeye's goalies (Andrea Braendli) has entered the transfer portal. Something to ponder...
          I was always very impressed when I saw her play against the Badgers. Don't know if we are planning on bringing in another transfer goalie but I probably have to put her at the top of the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            FYI, sinner fans. One of the Yuckeye's goalies (Andrea Braendli) has entered the transfer portal. Something to ponder...
            Watts???? Um yeah UW could be a destination, Watts about the rodents?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
              From my perspective, she simply appeared flat much of the time, less enthusiastic. Again, I hope she is looking to return to form here not somewhere else or simply by not continuing to play.
              Yeah she looked flat, I was hoping to attribute it to a physical injury. Maybe there is another issue. I hope the best for her and that she comes back.

Currently there are no UW players in the portal, a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                As for medals, I thought you were going to be away on vacation?
                Yeah, we will be. I haven't pieced the whole puzzle together yet.

Comment

• Brandli played very well against us and generally. If she were to transfer in, I would expect Kronish and/or Gervais possibly would portal as well. With McNaughton coming in for the 23-24 year, handwriting would be on the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                    Brandli played very well against us and generally. If she were to transfer in, I would expect Kronish and/or Gervais possibly would portal as well. With McNaughton coming in for the 23-24 year, handwriting would be on the wall.
                    How many years does she have left?

Comment

How many years does she have left?
                      One year of eligibility (and two during which to use it).

Comment

• An FYI: there was some sort of problem getting things ready, so U18 tickets sale is now set for noon today, Friday, instead of 10 AM.

I can find links in two places; here's one; dates are June 6,7, then 9,10, then 12,13. Three prelim, quarterfinals (which may not involve US or Canada) then semi and final/medals

https://uwbadgers.evenue.net/cgi-bin...-5-31-23.59.59
                        Last edited by robertearle; 04-01-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• I went to buy U18 tickets at 10:01 and the ticket office page updated, at that moment, to show tickets go on sale at noon. Sigh. I can go only to days 1 and 2. I looked at the original schedule for the event (when it was overseas) and the US was scheduled to play the first three days. After that, the schedule depended on wins/losses. The games are set to start at 4, according to the UW website. I'll try again at noon.
                          Updated:
                          Success! And selecting our normal seats was easy. Wish I could be there for the championships, but it's vacation season.
                          Last edited by Gargoyle; 04-01-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Watts???? Um yeah UW could be a destination, Watts about the rodents?
                            Wouldn’t she have to sit out a year if transferring to another WCHA team or does that not apply because of Covid rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post

Wouldn’t she have to sit out a year if transferring to another WCHA team or does that not apply because of Covid rules?
                              Even outside of COVID, I don't think that applies to grad transfers. And Teagan Grant went the other way, UW to OSU, and she didn't have to sit; she was certainly not a grad transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Even outside of COVID, I don't think that applies to grad transfers. And Teagan Grant went the other way, UW to OSU, and she didn't have to sit; she was certainly not a grad transfer.
                                Well then I think that answers the goaltending question for next year….I’ll be very surprised if she doesn’t end up in Madison.

Comment

Working...
                                X