• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

1 UM
    2 NE
    3 OSU
    4 UW

There's no way MN isn't #1. Anything else is complete lunacy.
    Only a 1 point difference and you would have been spot on. Other posters speculated about Northeastern taking over the number 1 spot. Really close vote, with 130 for NE, MN 129, 125 for both Ohio St. And Wis. Next week will show what the Gophers are made of, as the big showdown is in Columbus. Gophers have an easy February schedule, Wisconsin plays both Duluth and Ohio. Very exciting finish lining up for the WCHA finals. Unlike some posters(poseurs?) I will back our WCHA winner through to the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Only a 1 point difference and you would have been spot on. Other posters speculated about Northeastern taking over the number 1 spot. Really close vote, with 130 for NE, MN 129, 125 for both Ohio St. And Wis. Next week will show what the Gophers are made of, as the big showdown is in Columbus. Gophers have an easy February schedule, Wisconsin plays both Duluth and Ohio. Very exciting finish lining up for the WCHA finals. Unlike some posters(poseurs?) I will back our WCHA winner through to the end.
      Next week, I'm hoping for a poll with two teams at 128 and two at 127. Or maybe three teams at 128 and one at 126. Sadly, no way to get a four-way tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
        A couple things strike me after watching both games this weekend:
        In her last 8 games Sophie Shirley has 1 goal and 0 assists. I believe the first 3 years she played a lot with Britta Curl. I wonder if not having Britta has really impacted her opportunities. Coming into the season I would have thought she would be one of the best players in the WCHA
        I don't know Watts to think about her. Didn't she play with Watts and Pettet all last year? She is not strong on the boards. To me it seems like her hands are just not wanting it enough, they don't seem very quick. Is she hurt? A gimpy shoulder would affect her this way.

At any rate, Curl was a digger/puck getter/setup person and right now does UW have a grit player (Roque/Pankowski/Curl/Mauermann) on the roster? (I think Eden showed some grit last year). That could be the missing piece of the puzzle along with depth a D.

Blair was yapping about revenge prior to the MN series, maybe she just was not properly focused.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Blair was yapping about revenge prior to the MN series, maybe she just was not properly focused.
          Probably should have listened to this guy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uecapxuY-k

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            Probably should have listened to this guy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uecapxuY-k
            Yep, unless you want to live in a van down by the river someday. I'd like to live in a van down by the lake someday, I'm not much of a river guy.

Comment

Yep, unless you want to live in a van down by the river someday. I'd like to live in a van down by the lake someday, I'm not much of a river guy.
              You probably already know this but Chris Farley was born in Madison and grew up in Maple Bluff which is by a lake...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

You probably already know this but Chris Farley was born in Madison and grew up in Maple Bluff which is by a lake...
                Is there anywhere in Madison that isn't "by a lake"? LOL

It always struck me as odd that he lived in Maple Bluff, but went to high school at Edgewood, near west side, maybe a mile from Camp Randall Stadium. That's a long 'commute'.

His funeral was at a church about a mile from where I live now, near west side; and he's also buried on the near west side.

There is also a Farley Ave, near west side, that runs directly into the cemetery where he's buried. I don't know if the street is named after a Farley family farm or anything like that.

(There is a Kessel Court in Madison, named for the Kessel family farm that Amanda and Phil's grandparents (?) owned.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  (There is a Kessel Court in Madison, named for the Kessel family farm that Amanda and Phil's grandparents (?) owned.)
                  STOP! My eyes! Oh my eyes!

Comment

• Hey we're on a hot roll to finish the season strong. Not. To quote Vince, "Watts the heck is going on out there?"

Comment

• I am in a bad place right now. The men's team is complete total garbage after a spark of hope early in this calendar year and the women's team is just a giant mystery as to the lack of performance. The feeling of being the 3rd or 4th best team in the wcha sucks with as much talent as this team has at forward with a mega experienced goalie.

Comment

• (Though I’m no fan of his) As Aaron Rodgers once said, “Relax.” I firmly believe when this season is over, Wisco will be hoisting the National Championship trophy. Northeastern is not battle tested enough, the Gophers aren’t deep enough, and Wisco is in OSU’s heads when it comes to big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                          (Though I’m no fan of his) As Aaron Rodgers once said, “Relax.” I firmly believe when this season is over, Wisco will be hoisting the National Championship trophy. Northeastern is not battle tested enough, the Gophers aren’t deep enough, and Wisco is in OSU’s heads when it comes to big games.
                          At this point, with the way things are going, I can't find fault with your prognosis, Offsides Guy. Then again, a bounce here and a bounce there can change everything, just like that.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                            (Though I’m no fan of his) As Aaron Rodgers once said, “Relax.” I firmly believe when this season is over, Wisco will be hoisting the National Championship trophy. Northeastern is not battle tested enough, the Gophers aren’t deep enough, and Wisco is in OSU’s heads when it comes to big games.
                            Yeah but maybe the rodents are in the BADger's heads, and they will have to get thru them at some point.

Hey they won a game Saturday! Woot! Great to see the shutout.

Will the third game in 4 days let the Tommies hang around too long and then some awful play happen that doom UW?

Interesting observation is Posick was listed as the 7th D, which as not been the case for awhile. Also interesting is that Drake has not supplanted GS on the 3rd line.

Comment

• The first 2 lines showed some life on Saturday. I just hope they can continue to generate similar offense against Duluth and the games that follow. The last six games of the regular season will not be easy, especially the ones in Columbus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                                The first 2 lines showed some life on Saturday. I just hope they can continue to generate similar offense against Duluth and the games that follow. The last six games of the regular season will not be easy, especially the ones in Columbus.
                                Seven games, including tonight vs St Thomas.

Cami Kronish getting the start tonight, btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X