Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    UW-Eau Claire is playing their 3rd string goalie, who had seen a grand total of five shots this year before tonight. Why, I have no idea.
    I doubt it would help the starting goalie's confidence all that much to give up a dozen goals as Badger fans chant "Sieve!" at her. I kind of understand why these games are scheduled, but by the third period, both teams just want them to be over.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I doubt it would help the starting goalie's confidence all that much to give up a dozen goals as Badger fans chant "Sieve!" at her. I kind of understand why these games are scheduled, but by the third period, both teams just want them to be over.
      Nobody chanting.

Comment

Nobody chanting.
        A UWEC forward splits the Badger D pair and goes top shelf!

Final 15-1.

Comment

Nobody chanting.
          If you watch the player's reactions to scoring, it's like no reaction at all. I'm sure everyone understands Watts is going on here. Gervais stopped a penalty shot, that is cool. Shot were 3-1 Eau Claire to start the game.

I ended up not going. I had a Church Meeting I could have ditched, but with the super cold walk from the parking lot and back my daughter wouldn't fare well in that. They collected like 1152 books, so theoretically that is the attendance. Not bad for a free hockey event.

On the positive side Mrs Timothy A has agreed to go to the Tommyette game Saturday with our daughter and I. Fun times will abound!
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

If you watch the player's reactions to scoring, it's like no reaction at all. I'm sure everyone understands Watts is going on here. Gervais stopped a penalty shot, that is cool. Shot were 3-1 Eau Claire to start the game.

I ended up not going. I had a Church Meeting I could have ditched, but with the super cold walk from the parking lot and back my daughter wouldn't fare well in that. They collected like 1152 books, so theoretically that is the attendance. Not bad for a free hockey event.

On the positive side Mrs Timothy A has agreed to go to the Tommyette game Saturday with our daughter and I. Fun times will abound!
            For the time being, I'm letting Omicron scare me away. I didn't go to Quinnipiac, I didn't go tonight, and I'm not going this weekend. I'll re-evaluate when we get closer to Duluth in Feb, etc.

Comment

Thinking MJ did not want another week off, so they lined this up. It's an exhibition, so I assume the numbers won't count. To get in you need to bring a children's book, so that is a nice thing for the community. And I think the Eau Claire kids will get a big charge out of playing in LaBahn against some decent competition. Should be a win for everyone involved. MJ is a class act.
              Ummmm yeah...a win for everyone involved....not so much!

Comment

For the time being, I'm letting Omicron scare me away. I didn't go to Quinnipiac, I didn't go tonight, and I'm not going this weekend. I'll re-evaluate when we get closer to Duluth in Feb, etc.
                We've got a stash of N95 masks which I have read offer great protection, so I have been wearing them to highly attended events like women's hockey games and the Chicago Musky show, otherwise we just do things at low load times. We are 1 shot juiced and are taking extra C and D, so even when I get it, I am very confident we will be fine, as our Dr told us that the majority of people in the hospital have very low vitamin D and multiple high risk preconditions. In the end you have to do Watts you have to do. At least you can watch on the BTN Plus deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
                  Ummmm yeah...a win for everyone involved....not so much!
                  No one put a gun to anyone's head at UW Eau Claire and told them they had to do this. They did it on their free will. I wish they would have played their #1 goalie but I'm very confident that all involved knew the outcome was going to be UW puts up double digits.

Comment

We've got a stash of N95 masks which I have read offer great protection, so I have been wearing them to highly attended events like women's hockey games and the Chicago Musky show, otherwise we just do things at low load times. We are 1 shot juiced and are taking extra C and D, so even when I get it, I am very confident we will be fine, as our Dr told us that the majority of people in the hospital have very low vitamin D and multiple high risk preconditions. In the end you have to do Watts you have to do. At least you can watch on the BTN Plus deal.
                    It is the prevalence of virus in Dane County (and everywhere) right now. There was maybe a 1% chance the person sitting next to you (or maybe more importantly, behind and above you) was infectious in October; now it's more like 10%, maybe even higher. I'm hopeful that Omicron was pass through quickly (though cases aren't going down as quickly as they had hoped in South Africa, where that idea originated), but until then, there's just too much virus out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

Plus Chloe Baker and Caroline Harvey. (Plus--we hope--returners Curl, Buchbinder, and Eden.) But it seems late, even for WI, to be announcing the actual letters of intent.
                      https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...95152965931010

Comment

• No women's hockey this weekend due to Covid issues with the Tommies. Drat!

Comment

That’s awesome. Have fun! My husband is not much of a hockey guy and it makes my day when he comes to the rink with me.

Comment

• Well I spoke too soon. Games are cancelled this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                              Well I spoke too soon. Games are cancelled this weekend.
                              F#$%&#@!!!

Hey at least all the baby Badgers are in the den. No surprising gains or loses.

I am super stoked to see Harvey and Jungels play. I cannot remember the last time UW brought in a certified gold standard offensive defensemen like this, let alone 2. This is just bonkers. LaMantia is probably the best offensive D they have had in years and she didn't come as a heralded offensive player. Interestingly the only 2 D who played in the 3 on 3 against Q were LaMantia and Bowlby. I guess that tells us a lot.

Maybe UW will have a Ms. Minnesota Hockey on the roster (which has been kinda hype killer thing as they typically don't meet the hype of that award in a UW uniform; solid college players but not Watts/Pankowski/Roque performers). We shall see.

Comment

F#$%&#@!!!

Hey at least all the baby Badgers are in the den. No surprising gains or loses.

I am super stoked to see Harvey and Jungels play. I cannot remember the last time UW brought in a certified gold standard offensive defensemen like this, let alone 2. This is just bonkers. LaMantia is probably the best offensive D they have had in years and she didn't come as a heralded offensive player. Interestingly the only 2 D who played in the 3 on 3 against Q were LaMantia and Bowlby. I guess that tells us a lot.

Maybe UW will have a Ms. Minnesota Hockey on the roster (which has been kinda hype killer thing as they typically don't meet the hype of that award in a UW uniform; solid college players but not Watts/Pankowski/Roque performers). We shall see.
                                There was a rather ominous 'note' on the Dane County COVID page yesterday, explaining why the Dane page had been reporting twice as many and more 'new cases' than the state's pages had been reporting for Dane over the last three weeks or so. It was more circumspect that this, but what it said was the statewide reporting system is being swamped by the number of Omicron cases, such that they aren't getting the 'paperwork' finished, and they don't report a case until the paperwork is complete. The Dane County page decided to report the more complete numbers, even if the 'paperwork' wasn't fully completed. If that is the case for other counties - and it stands to reason it could well be - then the statewide numbers the last couple weeks are way worse that the lousy numbers they've been reporting.

There's a LOT of virus out there right now.

https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/dashboard

Comment

Working...
                                X