X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did NOT see that coming!
    Stunned by the final score!

Comment

• Literally dozens of rebounds on Badger shots that somehow avoided finding the waiting Badger sticks. Play the same game again tomorrow, and you'll get a 5-0 final.

3-on-3 is almost as dumb as shootouts.

Comment

• That was a masterclass on playing D in your own zone. Yes UW had more than I want to remember pucks get to the backside with no one there, but BSU dominated the center of the ice in the D zone. That made the goalie's day a lot easier, but still a great performance. BSU had more odd player rushes that UW did (maybe zero?). UW didn't score on the 5 on 3 in the first and on the pp in the OT, which from my angle was a weak call. During the OT, UW had a golden chance get shot over the net and also hit the post. The extra point Watts and Blair earned UW may come in very handy at the end of the season. Same effort today UW ladies.

Thanks on observation of Drake getting moved up on the 3rd line at times in the game. My brain was trying to process if that was going on in the game or not and other events impeded the dots from getting connected.

Did the switch of Wheeler and Watts pay off with the eye test? Ob and Web didn't seem to miss a beat, Wheeler a few times looked a little disjointed going after the same pucks as the other 2, but they will figure it out. Watts did some great things with the puck, they just didn't get the results.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
          I only got to follow the game on Twitter but it appears it was a great BSU effort today. If the Beavers could ever find away to get 2 or 3 goals a game, they could be dangerous.
          Absolutely. They have the system discipline and enough speed to stay with a team like WI for 60 minutes as I saw today. Very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Agree, and then I agree some more.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just play 5 minutes of 5 on 5 and then just call it a tie? A person can dream!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post

The other big change was that Delany Drake seemed to get all of the shifts on the 3rd line for the 2nd half of the game over Grace Shirley. Not surprising I suppose since Drake has been working her way into playing shape since rejoining the team and was the 3rd line C last year.

Great effort by the BSU goalie. Badgers dominated possession but the BSU goalie made the save on every one of the 56 shots she faced.
              To follow up, had a chance to look at the face off stats. G. Shirley was 1-5 while Drake was 7-1. Pretty clear why Drake played almost exclusively in the 3rd period. It is clear the staff feels Drake is now game ready and has probably secured the 3rd line C position going forward

Comment

Shootouts have a lot of drama. I also think it benefits maybe an ordinary team that doesn't have 3 or more players who can cover the rink. What is wrong with putting a 3rd line forward or a defensemen up against a goalie one on one. Do you really need to avoid a tie? If so what is the best way to do that?

Comment

I do not like 3 on 3 for the OT either although it sure makes for some exciting hockey. Watched the Harvard-Clarkson OT. Harvard hits a post, Clarkson hits the crossbar and Harvard hits another post all on breakaways, then Clarkson wins it with a 2 on 1 five hole goal that the Harvard goalie really should have stopped (Looked like it hit the bottom of the inside of her left pad as she was going down and dribbled into the net.

I would rather give each team a 3 min power play. Score as much as you can with your 3 min. Home team gets the choice to have the first or 2nd Power Play. Short handed goal is an automatic winner if it is the first score in the first PP, game over. 2nd power play shorthanded goal is again the auto winner if it is the 1st score and the score is tied going into the 2nd PP. End of 2 PP's if game is still tied call it a draw.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Anyone watching the bsu badger game? Mine has no commentary, and yesterdays commentary was great! Confused why it’s like watching a high school stream today

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Looks like we very well could have a new No. 1 team in the nation on Monday.
                      I realize you wrote this yesterday, but not after today’s beat down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Beat down is right! They even allowed red shirt Jr. Kronish make her “home debut” once the score got out of hand. What a difference a day makes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

We'll see. If you think scores should play into it Ohio State did sweep St. Thomas by a combined score of 14-3.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• The Bemidji coach apparently thought to himself "A 50 shot shutout?... meh... maybe our other goalie(s) can do better..."

SMH

Comment

The Bemidji coach apparently thought to himself "A 50 shot shutout?... meh... maybe our other goalie(s) can do better..."
                              I was disappointed to see Hogenson not get the start today. I wanted to see how she and UW stacked up in round 2. She has really great numbers, like a .943 save %. I would love to hear the explanation for not starting her. When I saw the backup was starting you just knew a beatdown was a matter of time, even when they scored first and UW looked like crap in the first period. She only had played like 10 games over 4 years prior to today. The BSU 3rd string goalie had the save of the year in the 3rd period on a fantastic sprawling back door glove save on a shot off the pass. Watts a great, great play that was. The home crowd showed her their appreciation.

MJ called off the dogs in the third period when he was send out different line combos every shift. It was nice to see Kronish play, I was hoping she'd get tested more than she did to see Watts she's got.

Comment

Literally dozens of rebounds on Badger shots that somehow avoided finding the waiting Badger sticks. Play the same game again tomorrow, and you'll get a 5-0 final.

..and a great effort deflecting passes, blocking shots and making opportunities on the rush by BSU..

Comment

Working...
                                X