Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Next up @ UMD then OSU at home. UMD seems to be less scary then during the pre-season as they lost to Kato and UM, but it's never easy playing in the suburb of Superior.
    UMD games on local TV in Madison this weekend (as has been the case in the past).

I think I have this right: over-the-air channel 15-2 and Charter/Spectrum channel 2 in Madison. "CWNetwork"

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

UMD games on local TV in Madison this weekend (as has been the case in the past).

I think I have this right: over-the-air channel 15-2 and Charter/Spectrum channel 2 in Madison. "CWNetwork"
      A game Friday at noon. How dumb. I think you alluded to the fact that I would be lamenting a lot of away games for Friday afternoon games. Let's stop treating the sport like an aftertought. Watts could possibly be going on in North Superior that they couldn't play Saturday afternoon?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A game Friday at noon. How dumb. I think you alluded to the fact that I would be lamenting a lot of away games for Friday afternoon games. Let's stop treating the sport like an aftertought. Watts could possibly be going on in North Superior that they couldn't play Saturday afternoon?
        I found more of an answer than I expected.

I expected home football, and found that; homecoming, noon kickoff.

And I expected men's hockey, and found much more than that: a four team "tournament", with games Friday at 4 and 7:30 PM, and Saturday again at 4 and 7:30 PM. Duluth, Michigan, Providence and Mankato. That's a nice lineup!

Comment

• Coach Johnson gives a nice interview toward the end of this podcast.

https://player.fm/series/on-wisconsi...ey-hour-101221

Comment

• Todd Milewski just retweeted that Chloe Baker, a Chicago Mission U19 goalie, has "accepted an offer" to continue her career at Wisconsin. [The original tweet is from Kris Baker, who identifies Chloe as his niece.]

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
              Todd Milewski just retweeted that Chloe Baker, a Chicago Mission U19 goalie, has "accepted an offer" to continue her career at Wisconsin. [The original tweet is from Kris Baker, who identifies Chloe as his niece.]
              He likes 4 goalies for scrimmaging. Makes sense.

Comment

He likes 4 goalies for scrimmaging. Makes sense.
                Yup- practice goalie. Previously committed to d3 school.

Comment

• Laila Edwards, Chayla Edwards's younger sister, who will be incoming next year (per the spreadsheet) is on the US U18 Women's National Team. She's a 6' forward. Kirsten Simms and Claire Enright also made the team as forwards. Laney Potter, incoming defense in 2023 (per the spreadsheet), also made the final cut. Oh, and also Ava McNaughton, our future goalie.
                  Last edited by Gargoyle; 10-14-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Laila Edwards, Chayla Edwards's younger sister, who will be incoming next year (per the spreadsheet) is on the US U18 Women's National Team. She's a 6' forward. Kirsten Simms and Claire Enright also made the team as forwards. Laney Potter, incoming defense in 2023 (per the spreadsheet), also made the final cut. Oh, and also Ava McNaughton, our future goalie.
                    I believe Cassie Hall is the 6th UW commit on the team (fall of 2023). The future sure looks bright.

Comment

Laila Edwards, Chayla Edwards's younger sister, who will be incoming next year (per the spreadsheet) is on the US U18 Women's National Team. She's a 6' forward. Kirsten Simms and Claire Enright also made the team as forwards. Laney Potter, incoming defense in 2023 (per the spreadsheet), also made the final cut. Oh, and also Ava McNaughton, our future goalie.
                      Yeah let's load up! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! I like that Edwards is 6-0, UW has a lot of tiny F's.

It's a great day for hockey!

Big test for the ladies this weekend. UMD may not be as strong as predicted, but teams keep developing all season so we shall see. I hope they play with composure with the puck since this UMD will Shirley give them the least amount of time and space as any opponent they have seen this year. They will need to be able to handle it. I don't think I will be able to see either game sadly.

Comment

• No Picard and no Posick today for some reason. Three forward lines and no 'extras'.

Comment

No Picard and no Posick today for some reason. Three forward lines and no 'extras'.
                          Watts? I think they both were in the morning coffee run picture tweet, so they are in town and have no slings or crutches. Good signs that way.

Let's GO RED!

Comment

Watts? I think they both were in the morning coffee run picture tweet, so they are in town and have no slings or crutches. Good signs that way.

Let's GO RED!
                            They're not on the posted line chart, and the UMD TV announcer said 'only three lines'. So I don't know what the deal is.

Webster with a PP goal, and then she missed a 3/4th open net on a backhand a minute later, up over the crossbar. Otherwise pretty even play.

Comment

They're not on the posted line chart, and the UMD TV announcer said 'only three lines'. So I don't know what the deal is.

Webster with a PP goal, and then she missed a 3/4th open net on a backhand a minute later, up over the crossbar. Otherwise pretty even play.
                              Scramble in front of the net, Wheeler able to poke it in. 2-0, both Wheeler (and could have had a third, as I said).

EDIT: sorry I mixed up my Wheler with my Webster. One for each.
                              Last edited by robertearle; 10-15-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• But now Webster does get her second. 20 seconds into a five-minute PP - contact to head on UMD defender Flaherty. End of two periods, 3-0 UW, with about 4:30 left of the PP.

Comment

Working...
                                X