Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The most important tidbit I have read so far is that last year UW was 49% on faceoffs and the year before they were 60%.
    Abby Roque.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Abby Roque.
      Agreed. Plus, a more difficult schedule, with more games versus the top of the WCHA, fewer versus the bottom of the league, and no NC games.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Agreed. Plus, a more difficult schedule, with more games versus the top of the WCHA, fewer versus the bottom of the league, and no NC games.
        You can find face-off stats at the WCHA web site (under 'advanced stats'). It was actually less due to Roque than I would have thought, but still she's a large factor.

Roque, being the first-line center, took more than 36% of all the faceoffs the team took, and won 65.6% of them. But the rest of the team won 57% of their faceoffs. So you could be right with regard to the 'strength of schedule', etc.

------------

Adding, the year before - 2018-2019 - against a "full schedule", Roque was just under 63% and the full team just under 57%.
        Last edited by robertearle; 09-23-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          This is a brilliant point. It affects all the stats from last year. Those numbers should just get flushed from the system.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• It's a GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT day for hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's Go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• First period thoughts....SS had 3 great chances, one on the SH, Woz showed some wheels, Wattage had a couple good looks. UW had a spurt where they were careless or a little too quick to move the puck to no one in particular and Lindenwood had some possession time, but never really had a great look. I think Bowlby had a nice deflection on the UW goal that Blair stopped. The UW PP is creating good chances. Camera is a single one but a decent high angle, no zooms in play, no replays or time on the screen, but hey I'm watching them. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Finished as one would have hoped with a W. As MJ said in the presser, they got the nerves out in the first period and the last 2 were solid. SS is snakebit! She could have had a bunch of G's but had to settle for 3 A. D Kotlowski with the shortie as her first college goal, how cool is that? Has any other Badger's first collegiate goal been a shortie? I don't think UW had a shortie the whole season last year but that was probably a product of the ARM factor (see below). Wattage's goal was a heck of a shot. Gervias got to play the last period, that was good. Unfortunately I missed the goal she allowed, the feed went dead and we had to log out and log back in. I hope it was a quality chance.

Lines: Wattage O'B Web; Scheids Pettet SS; Woz Wheeler GS; Picard xxx Posick.....I did not recognize who was C the 4th line when they were out there. On the D side no surprises with Helgesen being the 7th D, but she did get an A in her debut, so she did play. Every skater recorded a point but Edwards, Toft, Posick and Picard.

The euphoria of being able to watch the game has worn off, my logical side says charging 10 bucks for a feed of a game with no replays, no game or penalty times up is a bit much. Without zooming in and replays it's almost impossible to analyze anything in detail. Besides SS, things that did stand out to me were Woz had a couple bursts of speed around the net, Picard was also around the net, Posick was laying the wood in the 3rd period in revenge for some badly missed no calls against Lindenwood earlier in the game.

Comment

• Hahahahaha, I love a good thermonuclear outcome. UW came out of the gate shot out of a cannon and stepped on them early and never took the foot off the gas. Of course the highlight is O'B lighting the lamp 4 times today with the natural hatty in the first period and Kotlowski doing her best impression of Caroline Harvey, or Watts we hope she will look like, scoring twice for 3 on the weekend. And 2 shorties on the same PPG, ya don't see that every day! They have more SHG than PPG. Ya don't see that every day either. Watts is tied for 6th on the team in goal scoring LOL with a measly 1 goal. Great to see Posick get one today! All the skaters have points now except Helgeson and GS.

I was just shocked that Kronish started today simply because MJ rarely starts a back-up in a game. She's a big goalie. I was worried Blair was injured but she was dressed and on the bench. Now all 3 goalies have played 2 periods after 2 games, ya don't see that every day either @ UW. I'm still suspicious that Blair has a minor ding.
                  So the 10 bucks was a little more worth it today because they had the period time and penalty times on the broadcast, Watts an upgrade. Sadly the announcer was oblivious that Grevais played in the 3rd period today. Jane got no love on the broadcast today. The feed locked up on me twice today and I missed Web's goal. The players on my screen had small lines through them when they were skating fast. Did anyone else have that effect?

Not sure Watts to expect out of the Merrimack series. Yesterday Kato beat them 3-0 and outshot them 34-16. Hehehe.
                  Last edited by Timothy A; 09-25-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Kato beat Merrimack 9-3 yesterday, scored the 9 goals on 27 shots. Looks like Merrimack has issues in net as they outshot Kato 30 to 27. Wow. Maybe it will be another triple goalie weekend for UW. We'll have to see how game 1 goes.

Comment

• The Friday game is at 1. Watts a stupid time. Really fan friendly you know. Maybe they are shooting for the tree falling in the forest theory. If they lose but no one attends, did it really ever happen?

Comment

The Friday game is at 1. Watts a stupid time. Really fan friendly you know. Maybe they are shooting for the tree falling in the forest theory. If they lose but no one attends, did it really ever happen?
                        You should maybe look at the rest of the schedule for the year ... but you're not gonna like what you see.

Comment

You should maybe look at the rest of the schedule for the year ... but you're not gonna like what you see.
                          Last time I peeked the times were not on it. I'm afraid to look. Maybe I should not have to the season tickets.

Comment

Last time I peeked the times were not on it. I'm afraid to look. Maybe I should not have to the season tickets.
                            It is much more so the road Friday games, not home games, that you're not gonna like.

Comment

It is much more so the road Friday games, not home games, that you're not gonna like.
                              Whew. If schools other than UW want to make the games accessible to fans and grow it at their school, they need have them play a fan friendly times. I guess most schools don't value women's college hockey that much; they are just sadly an after-thought.

Comment

• Rest assured you are not alone. I just finished updating the first couple of months of my women's and men's calendars, and there are all kinds of conflicts for fans (and season ticket holders) of both teams. Some difficult decisions lie ahead...
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X