Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Since season tickets to on sale next Thursday, I guess it's time for a new season thread. Let's go RED!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

For volleyball, even if you had already paid for tickets a year ago, and so had a 'credit' for this year, they still wanted you to go to the web site and sign up for this year. There was no cost, of course, but you still had to go through the process. So I expect hockey will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      For volleyball, even if you had already paid for tickets a year ago, and so had a 'credit' for this year, they still wanted you to go to the web site and sign up for this year. There was no cost, of course, but you still had to go through the process. So I expect hockey will be the same.
      I am paranoid they will sell out before I can buy mine.

Comment

It's weird that they have not done an email to existing season ticket holders about the tickets going on sale this Thursday.

Comment

Claudia Kepler has joined the Cuse coaching staff. Excellent news. Great to see a Badger in the coaching pipeline.

Comment

Well, my 'favorite' weekend is shaping up to be everything expected of it once again this year. (And, yes, in the COVID world, these are "good problems" to have).

Dec 3-5, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

The news today that really ties it all together, Marquette lets it be known that the annual Marquette vs Wisconsin men's basketball game will be at the Kohl Center Saturday Dec 4th.

So:
            - presumably at the Field House sometime that weekend, Wisconsin hosting the first two rounds of the NCAA volleyball tournament
            - Men's basketball at the Kohl Center Saturday afternoon
            - why afternoon for basketball? Because Saturday night is the Big Ten football championship game. And...
            - women's hockey hosting the Gophers for two games somewhere in there.
            - one saving grace is the Packers have a bye, meaning Sunday afternoon is wide open

One can hope/expect for volleyball to be Thursday night and Friday night, women's hockey Friday night and Sunday afternoon, basketball Saturday afternoon and football Saturday night.

Don't know how Gopher player/fans will like a Friday-Sunday pair of games, but I don't see a Saturday game happening in there... and I get to pick between tournament volleyball and Wisconsin-Minnesota hockey Friday night...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              One can hope/expect for volleyball to be Thursday night and Friday night, women's hockey Friday night and Sunday afternoon, basketball Saturday afternoon and football Saturday night.

Don't know how Gopher player/fans will like a Friday-Sunday pair of games, but I don't see a Saturday game happening in there... and I get to pick between tournament volleyball and Wisconsin-Minnesota hockey Friday night...
              I love Friday night games. Feels bigtime. Sunday afternoon games feel like a D3 game. But I will take them.

TDM tweeted out that roster info will be out "soon". That of course is point of view defined. To me it means tonight at 12:01 am.

Comment

Season tickets purchased! That was easier than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                  I'm glad to hear that. Mine was harder than I expected. My online account was 'stuck' in some way that they didn't (and for the moment don't) understand, so I had to call the phone number and have them take the renewal over the phone.

Comment

I had a similar experience, though I was paranoid of a Robert Earle experience.

Comment

The U18 camp was announced, 32 players invited....F's Simms 22-23, Edwards 22-23, Potter 23-24, D Hall 23-24 and G McNaughton 23-24 are invited to the camp. Great to see a goalie in the pipeline with some National team juice.

Comment

Putting the roster together....Coach Crum had a get together and tweeted out a pic of the group (sadly I did not recognize half of the players!) Bowlby and Posick were there. I take that as an affirmation that they are coming back. I also take it that an absence from being there does not mean someone is not coming back, they just are not in town now or just missed the get together. TDM is killing us with a lack of info! Come on man, you know Watts going on, tell us!

Doing the Watts for what thing is a lot of fun, and I will never stop doing it on this site, but I find myself almost typing Watts in professional emails LOL.

Comment

So that's... progress?

If you go to the "roster" page right now, instead of getting last year's team, you get a "404" page not found error. At this rate, we could mere weeks away from an actual roster!

Comment

Ta da! Here's the roster: https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey/roster

Comment

The centralized players are on the roster? Shrugs shoulders. That makes me think it's not entirely accurate at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X