Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
    FYI Season tickets went on sale today.
    Did I miss something, or do they just not send emails bout this stuff anymore?!?

    Early June, I got an email about the price increase. Since then NOT A WORD. Including today, up to the minute.

    Yet they have now opened it up to *new* ticket applications. When was it opened for *current* season ticket holders? What the absolute ---?

    ---------------------

    Ticket office guy says that a new ticket applicant can't 'beat out' a current ticket holder by applying sooner; so long as the current holder submits the request for this year prior to Aug 19 (I think it was), they have priority over any new applicants (even if that new applicant has higher 'donor points' for other sports tickets or dollar donations.)

    He had no explanation for my not having received any email notification; he said they supposedly went out 9 AM this morning. He also had no explanation for why they couldn't or shouldn't have gone out a couple days in advance...

    Thanks to BadgerPete for doing a better job serving notification than the UW Athletic dept, BTW.
    Last edited by robertearle; 07-19-2022, 06:02 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

      Did I miss something, or do they just not send emails bout this stuff anymore?!?

      Early June, I got an email about the price increase. Since then NOT A WORD. Including today, up to the minute.

      Yet they have now opened it up to *new* ticket applications. When was it opened for *current* season ticket holders? What the absolute ---?

      ---------------------

      Ticket office guy says that a new ticket applicant can't 'beat out' a current ticket holder by applying sooner; so long as the current holder submits the request for this year prior to Aug 19 (I think it was), they have priority over any new applicants (even if that new applicant has higher 'donor points' for other sports tickets or dollar donations.)

      He had no explanation for my not having received any email notification; he said they supposedly went out 9 AM this morning. He also had no explanation for why they couldn't or shouldn't have gone out a couple days in advance...

      Thanks to BadgerPete for doing a better job serving notification than the UW Athletic dept, BTW.
      I saw it on Twitter just before I posted it, and I got an email today. I know a few people who missed out last year because they didn't get an email, hence I figured posting it here wasn't a wasted endeavour.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

        I saw it on Twitter just before I posted it, and I got an email today. I know a few people who missed out last year because they didn't get an email, hence I figured posting it here wasn't a wasted endeavour.
        The email announcing 'tickets on sale' hit my inbox at about 2 PM this afternoon.
        Last edited by robertearle; 07-20-2022, 03:44 PM.

        Comment


        • I saw a tweet about season parking for women's hockey and Lot 91 was listed but many times is free… this is confusing. Is this a change or has it somehow always been this way?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I saw a tweet about season parking for women's hockey and Lot 91 was listed but many times is free… this is confusing. Is this a change or has it somehow always been this way?
            It's been like that for a while. You are basically paying for the convenience of knowing you can park in Lot 91 no matter what. (They block off whatever number of passes they sell from the final total, so you are paying a mild premium for the piece of mind.)

            Comment


            • I believe Lot 91 will no longer be free next season.

              There is a new ticketing person so it's possible that's responsible for some of the hiccups.
              It's a great day for hockey!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NMH View Post
                I believe Lot 91 will no longer be free next season.

                There is a new ticketing person so it's possible that's responsible for some of the hiccups.
                Ahh, so I better make a call this AM then. Thanks.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • Especially given the ticket price increase, it would be nice if they would have game sheets this year. Oh, and if we're dreaming, a bigger, decent videoboard.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                    Especially given the ticket price increase, it would be nice if they would have game sheets this year. Oh, and if we're dreaming, a bigger, decent videoboard.
                    Women hockey price increase is a drop in the bucket compared to the volleyball price increases.

                    Comment


                    • So, here's the scoop from the UW ticket office on parking.....Parking is $80.00 for the year in any of the 3 lots. If you want lot 91 you have to "donate" $50.00 to the athletic fund to park there. That does not guarantee you a spot there, if all the other people who want to park there are bigger "donators" than the measly $50 minimum "donation", you are locked out of there. I "donated" the $50 in hopes I can get in there due to my daughter's issues walking. If it wasn't for that, I'd just take one of the other 2 lots and keep the $50.00. I should have asked if the wcha first round games are covered with the parking plan.

                      So I spend $130 on this, it's costing me $8.13 to per per game, IF I go to all the games. I do miss one occasionally. I wonder if the parking pass will be the kind that is hung on the rearview or left on the dash and not a stick on one, I have 3 vehicles that I may take to a game depending on Watts else is going on that day.

                      Watts sucks is sometimes a son or my sister come to games in their own vehicles and meet us at the rink. They will be parking challenged.

                      I'd be willing to pay more for tickets to get reserved seats.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I "donated" the $50 in hopes I can get in there due to my daughter's issues walking.
                        You may want to check if there is any type of accommodation that they can make (sort of like a handicapped parking space, but not). Public entities are supposedly all about accessibility, so at least give them a chance to demonstrate that they are.

                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          You may want to check if there is any type of accommodation that they can make (sort of like a handicapped parking space, but not). Public entities are supposedly all about accessibility, so at least give them a chance to demonstrate that they are.
                          There is a drop-off area (with a very limited number of parking places) at the west entrance (the one farther from the Kohl Center). But IIRC, Tim said that generally wouldn't work for them, because his daughter would have to be on her own for the ten minutes or so while he went from the drop-off, parked in Lot 91 and walked in from there.

                          Another consequence of the shoe-horning of LaBahn into the space they had, very little in close parking space.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            So, here's the scoop from the UW ticket office on parking.....Parking is $80.00 for the year in any of the 3 lots. If you want lot 91 you have to "donate" $50.00 to the athletic fund to park there. That does not guarantee you a spot there, if all the other people who want to park there are bigger "donators" than the measly $50 minimum "donation", you are locked out of there. I "donated" the $50 in hopes I can get in there due to my daughter's issues walking. If it wasn't for that, I'd just take one of the other 2 lots and keep the $50.00. I should have asked if the wcha first round games are covered with the parking plan.

                            So I spend $130 on this, it's costing me $8.13 to per per game, IF I go to all the games. I do miss one occasionally. I wonder if the parking pass will be the kind that is hung on the rearview or left on the dash and not a stick on one, I have 3 vehicles that I may take to a game depending on Watts else is going on that day.

                            Watts sucks is sometimes a son or my sister come to games in their own vehicles and meet us at the rink. They will be parking challenged.

                            I'd be willing to pay more for tickets to get reserved seats.
                            Watt size violin do I play that sad tune on, I wonder?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

                              Watt size violin do I play that sad tune on, I wonder?
                              Rude, and uncalled for.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                                Rude, and uncalled for.
                                Sorry, but I pay as much, or more, for my parking as I do for my hockey tickets.
                                On the flip side, I see an enormous disadvantage with the parking sticker. I get my parking passes printed out, in case I won't be on time, and others in my party can use the pass. Someone will have a creative way to move the sticker from vehicle to vehicle though. Life in the big city!
                                Last edited by Steamboat; 07-23-2022, 09:48 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X