Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
    That is the sound of a Minnesota Viking fan! I can't stand it when people will only support a team when it is winning.
    I agree. I would go watch them no matter Watts, I like women's hockey a lot. Sadly, the UW men's team has been abandoned by thousands of people. I still watch them every chance I get, but I won't pay big money to watch them in person when they make the same mistakes over and over and over. Player development is nil.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

      I agree. I would go watch them no matter Watts, I like women's hockey a lot. Sadly, the UW men's team has been abandoned by thousands of people. I still watch them every chance I get, but I won't pay big money to watch them in person when they make the same mistakes over and over and over. Player development is nil.
      Saw on GPL that compher to Wisconsin is official.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post
        Saw on GPL that compher to Wisconsin is official.
        Wow, it actually came true. This sure takes a bit of guesswork out of who will score on the freshman laden line-up. MJ always says it's difficult to rely on Fr for scoring or expect Fr scoring because the off ice changes are huge mentally to deal with and Fr who score a ton prior to college can struggle figuring how to play offensively without the puck, as usually they are used to having the puck a lot in HS. It's only for a year, so I hope the Fr. see the big picture no one bails.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • Apparently she has a good amount of experience playing center and is very good on faceoffs. Pettet was good on those too, so a big hole has been filled there. Potential centers are Compher, OB, GS with Eden and Wheeler having international experience there. I have no idea if any of the incoming F's were centers.

          Lines...
          Wheeler Compher SS. Compher is an assist orientated player and it could really unleash SS.
          Woz OB Web
          Curl Eden Picard
          Fr - GS - Fr

          I have Woz and Picard ahead of the Fr just due to the experience factor. Picard showed flashes before in injury. In fact she and Woz were on the same line and it was kinda funny watching them both go after the same puck as in they had to learn how to play without the puck. It will be fascinating to see where the Fr. slot into the hierarchy at F.

          One other point on Fr F's is in HS they probably don't have to play much D so that is also a learning curve.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • I saw the lines a little different, but naturally it's a good problem to have.

            Shirley-O'Brien-Webster

            Plug Sophie in Watts' spot on one of the highest scoring lines in the game and see what happens. I can't imagine breaking up Webster and O'Brien.

            Eden-Compher-Curl

            Let's roll with a centralization line, put Compher between the two gunners and let it ride. Also, I tried this line out on NHL 22 last night because I could and it put up three goals on Switzerland.

            Wheeler-GS-Woz

            I actually like the look of this as a third line; there's some scrap in there and they can provide a spark as well.

            Edwards-Simms-Enright

            Sure, I don't know much about the kids yet, but these are the three I get to see in the previews at LaBahn in June so let's see if we can recreate that Webster/O'Brien/Wheeler magic from two years ago.

            Holloway/Picard

            I didn't add Picard since coming back from bad leg injuries can always be touch and go, and I saw Holloway as a notch below the three U18 players. And they will both be the crucial depth we did not have this year when the inevitable injuries strike.

            Comment


            • TM has a nice article in the State Journal this morning about Jesse Compher.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                TM has a nice article in the State Journal this morning about Jesse Compher.
                Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it on the tweeder feed. I think I have to cull the tweeder follows a bit, it gets too packed when Indy and F1 get rolling. She is just Watts the team needs going into this season. I assume being from the Mission that MJ recruited her out of HS to come to UW, unless she was under the radar in HS and exploded at BU. At least much of her wardrobe is transferable, those reds are pretty close.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                  Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it on the tweeder feed. I think I have to cull the tweeder follows a bit, it gets too packed when Indy and F1 get rolling. She is just Watts the team needs going into this season. I assume being from the Mission that MJ recruited her out of HS to come to UW, unless she was under the radar in HS and exploded at BU. At least much of her wardrobe is transferable, those reds are pretty close.
                  Officially, BU's red is value #CC0000; pure red, no blue or green at all.
                  Wisconsin is #c5050c, which is "red value is 197, green value is 5 and the blue value of its RGB is 12". Meaning (I think) if you mix equal quantities of paint, for example, 197 units of red paint, 5 of green and 12 of blue, you get Badgers' red. Meaning it is slightly darker.

                  I don't really see it; maybe just the slightest bit...

                  https://www.color-hex.com/color/cc0000

                  https://www.color-hex.com/color/c5050c

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                    Officially, BU's red is value #CC0000; pure red, no blue or green at all.
                    Wisconsin is #c5050c, which is "red value is 197, green value is 5 and the blue value of its RGB is 12". Meaning (I think) if you mix equal quantities of paint, for example, 197 units of red paint, 5 of green and 12 of blue, you get Badgers' red. Meaning it is slightly darker.

                    I don't really see it; maybe just the slightest bit...

                    https://www.color-hex.com/color/cc0000

                    https://www.color-hex.com/color/c5050c
                    I love it! Another example of the fan forum expanding knowledge to all corners of the hockey world.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Officially, BU's red is value #CC0000; pure red, no blue or green at all.
                      Wisconsin is #c5050c, which is "red value is 197, green value is 5 and the blue value of its RGB is 12". Meaning (I think) if you mix equal quantities of paint, for example, 197 units of red paint, 5 of green and 12 of blue, you get Badgers' red. Meaning it is slightly darker.

                      I don't really see it; maybe just the slightest bit...

                      https://www.color-hex.com/color/cc0000

                      https://www.color-hex.com/color/c5050c
                      I recall when BU played @ UW in the NCAA's a few years back their red seemed a bit brighter than UW's and I found that odd. How in the world were you able to come up this this info?!?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                        Shirley-O'Brien-Webster
                        Eden-Compher-Curl
                        Wheeler-GS-Woz
                        Edwards-Simms-Enright
                        I like these too. I just wish there was a way to get 2 Fr wingers with an experienced C. I'm not real confident MJ will send out an all Fr line against the other 3 top teams. To quote Bob Ross (inspired by the color discussion), "let's get a little crazy". How about....

                        Shirley-Compher-Webster
                        Eden-Simms-Curl
                        Wheeler-O'Brien-Enright
                        Edwards-GS-Woz

                        Wattsever MJ does, he HAS to run the 4 lines in every game. This is a deep, deep roster.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                          I recall when BU played @ UW in the NCAA's a few years back their red seemed a bit brighter than UW's and I found that odd. How in the world were you able to come up this this info?!?
                          You can google it for pretty much any 'big school'. But sometimes you get different answers at different web sites. So If/when I'm looking, I always try to find it at the school's site directly. It's always fun when you've got teams with similar colors and names: Wisconsin's cardinal and white vs the Stanford Cardinal in the Rose Bowl in 2000 (and again in the 2019 VB final... though that didn't turn out to be all that much fun). Or last fall's final four in volleyball, with Wisconsin playing the Louisville Cardinals in the semi and then Nebraska in the finals. A whole lot of red in the building!

                          The 2012 Women's Frozen Four was Wisconsin (red/white) vs Boston College (maroon/gold) and Minnesota (maroon/gold) vs Cornell (red/white), played in Duluth. A few minutes into the UW/BC semi, a guy sits down next to me and I glance at his maroon and gold jersey, and for the moment I assume he's a BC fan. Then I look closely, and it isn't either BC or the Gophers, he was a Duluth fan just there to watch the games.
                          Last edited by robertearle; 04-18-2022, 02:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • With the addition of Compher, Holloway will take a “gap year” and come in with the 23 class

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
                              With the addition of Compher, Holloway will take a “gap year” and come in with the 23 class
                              Where will she play then?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                              Comment


                              • Assuming my list of recurring and incoming players are correct for the next 3 years, barring any transfers or flips of this coming season’s recruits, Holloway’s gap year decision still leaves the Badgers with a potential dilemma for 23-24 with 15Fs when I have Vasseur, Hall, and Gorbatenko scheduled to join the team. Redshirts could be considered to bridge to the following season when the number of Fs would drop to 13, but the option to transfer may play a role as well. And, of course, there is the possibility some players will resolve the issue themselves by transferring based on their sentiments about the matter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X