No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder Watts precipitated the Watts/Wheeler switch-o-roo. The posted lines for yesterday did not indicate the change, seems like a last minute thing or the SID was just lazy.

I would like to see a replay of the Watts penalty in OT. From Watts I saw, it looked pretty BSie to me (and a lot of other UW fans who were there). The Qer was stickhandling trying to buy time and she just went down then Watts got the puck. She was gonna bury that puck.

I'd also like to see a replay for the Q goal to see Watts happened that she was left unmarked right by the net.

MJ only used Bowlby and LaMantia as D in the OT. That was interesting. They kept alternating between the 2.

I find it curious that SS does not kill penalties. I just don't think all is right with her physically.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I wonder Watts precipitated the Watts/Wheeler switch-o-roo. The posted lines for yesterday did not indicate the change, seems like a last minute thing or the SID was just lazy.

I would like to see a replay of the Watts penalty in OT. From Watts I saw, it looked pretty BSie to me (and a lot of other UW fans who were there). The Qer was stickhandling trying to buy time and she just went down then Watts got the puck. She was gonna bury that puck.

I'd also like to see a replay for the Q goal to see Watts happened that she was left unmarked right by the net.

MJ only used Bowlby and LaMantia as D in the OT. That was interesting. They kept alternating between the 2.

I find it curious that SS does not kill penalties. I just don't think all is right with her physically.
      The penalty on Watts, while not a 'big' hit' in any way, still had to be called. Watts hit the Q player from behind with her stick while holding the stick in a classic 'cross-check' stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The penalty on Watts, while not a 'big' hit' in any way, still had to be called. Watts hit the Q player from behind with her stick while holding the stick in a classic 'cross-check' stance.
        Yeah, it was soft contact but a mental mistake by Watts to be doing anything like that there.

Comment

• Do we know who actually signed letters of intent for Wisconsin? (And will Tella Jungels be a Badger next year, with her sister?)

Comment

• Super great question about the letters of intent. I asked TDM about the letters of intent for the women's team when the men's were signed and he said he was working on it. We need to know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
              Do we know who actually signed letters of intent for Wisconsin? (And will Tella Jungels be a Badger next year, with her sister?)
              Apparently Tella is in the portal according to the darkside posters. I don't know if UW needs another role playing F.

We are expecting Jungels, Edwards, Simms, Holloway, and Enright?

Comment

Apparently Tella is in the portal according to the darkside posters. I don't know if UW needs another role playing F.

We are expecting Jungels, Edwards, Simms, Holloway, and Enright?
                Plus Chloe Baker and Caroline Harvey. (Plus--we hope--returners Curl, Buchbinder, and Eden.) But it seems late, even for WI, to be announcing the actual letters of intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                  Plus Chloe Baker and Caroline Harvey. (Plus--we hope--returners Curl, Buchbinder, and Eden.) But it seems late, even for WI, to be announcing the actual letters of intent.
                  I could not recall Baker's name, thanks. Harvey, Curl and Eden are locks to come back since they have "normal" eligibility left, Buchbinder could be done if she doesn't want her 5th year. And UW gets Picard back who hopefully has 4 years left with the injury/possible redshirt.

TDM told me last night "coming this week, I believe". I'd bet he knows but he won't publish it until UW releases the info.

I'm torn on going to the exhibition tonight. It would of course be fun, but living an hour away on a worknight....IDK.

Comment

I could not recall Baker's name, thanks. Harvey, Curl and Eden are locks to come back since they have "normal" eligibility left, Buchbinder could be done if she doesn't want her 5th year. And UW gets Picard back who hopefully has 4 years left with the injury/possible redshirt.

TDM told me last night "coming this week, I believe". I'd bet he knows but he won't publish it until UW releases the info.

I'm torn on going to the exhibition tonight. It would of course be fun, but living an hour away on a worknight....IDK.
                    Why is the #1 team in the nation playing a D3 team? Padding the point tallies eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
                      Why is the #1 team in the nation playing a D3 team? Padding the point tallies eh?
                      Thinking MJ did not want another week off, so they lined this up. It's an exhibition, so I assume the numbers won't count. To get in you need to bring a children's book, so that is a nice thing for the community. And I think the Eau Claire kids will get a big charge out of playing in LaBahn against some decent competition. Should be a win for everyone involved. MJ is a class act.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2021/11/1...n-january.aspx

Comment

I live in Baraboo and my husband curls tonight, so I would be solo. I have a meeting until 5:30--so I am pretty sure I'm going to miss tonight. I hope folks show up; it's a hard sell for college football fans.

Comment

• The exhibition vs Eau Claire is going about how you might expect and maybe a bit 'worse'. Lots of 3rd and 4th line ice time - the 1st line has registered one SOG - and it is still 7-0 after the first period. Two goals for the 2nd line, both Wheeler; two goals from the defense, both LaMantia. You'd line to take the foot off the gas even more, but there's only so much you can do...

Comment

The exhibition vs Eau Claire is going about how you might expect and maybe a bit 'worse'. Lots of 3rd and 4th line ice time - the 1st line has registered one SOG - and it is still 7-0 after the first period. Two goals for the 2nd line, both Wheeler; two goals from the defense, both LaMantia. You'd line to take the foot off the gas even more, but there's only so much you can do...
                              And it help things along, UW-Eau Claire is playing their 3rd string goalie, who had seen a grand total of five shots this year before tonight. Why, I have no idea.

Comment

And it help things along, UW-Eau Claire is playing their 3rd string goalie, who had seen a grand total of five shots this year before tonight. Why, I have no idea.
                                Around 'halftime', UW switched from Cronish to Gervais in goal, and Eau Claire switched to their 2nd string goalie.

13-0 after two periods.

Comment

Working...
                                X