Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    The Bemidji coach apparently thought to himself "A 50 shot shutout?... meh... maybe our other goalie(s) can do better..."

SMH
    goodness..

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
      We'll see. If you think scores should play into it Ohio State did sweep St. Thomas by a combined score of 14-3.
      yes we will see. I think there’s some bias in the polls and mostly just accept it but I don’t think OSU should jump to number one on the strength of 2 beat downs of a first year D1 team. That’s a little extreme. OSU did get swept by Wisco after all as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        OSU did get swept by Wisco after all as well.
        The Badgers got two wins over OSU, but not a sweep (as in all six points).
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          The Badgers got two wins over OSU, but not a sweep (as in all six points).
          Yes you are right! I used to think of that as a sweep, I assume something changed, hahah.

Comment

• I apologies if this has been mentioned, but Chloe Baker Golie (Chicago Mission 19u) has committed to the University of Wisconsin for 2022-2023.

Comment

• So we have a signing period open right now.....expected recruits are F's: Simms, Holloway, Edwards, Enright; D None; Goaltending: Baker

If all comes to fruition that gives UW 12F, 5D (6 if Buchbinder comes back) and 3 G. UW will only have 7 experienced F, 4 Fr, plus Picard who played a bit this year before the injury.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                So we have a signing period open right now.....expected recruits are F's: Simms, Holloway, Edwards, Enright; D None; Goaltending: Baker

If all comes to fruition that gives UW 12F, 5D (6 if Buchbinder comes back) and 3 G. UW will only have 7 experienced F, 4 Fr, plus Picard who played a bit this year before the injury.
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought last season didn't count as a year of eligibility for anyone. So the 4th yr seniors on the roster (Lamantia, S. Shirley, Kronish) should be able to come back if they want. At least I seem to think that is the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought last season didn't count as a year of eligibility for anyone. So the 4th yr seniors on the roster (Lamantia, S. Shirley, Kronish) should be able to come back if they want. At least I seem to think that is the case.
                  Yes. As best I know, yes.

Comment

Yeah, that confuses me, but after reading Watts TG said, yeah I think you are right.

Comment

So the question is how to they get Watts back for another year HAHA. It will be really interesting to see how the goaltending deal will shakes out. Will MJ stick with Watts he has or will he bring in another transfer?

Comment

I believe Cami Kronish is a red-shirt junior this year, not a senior like S Shirley or Nicole Lamantia.
                        Any word on signed letters of intent? I'm impatient, as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                          Any word on signed letters of intent? I'm impatient, as usual.
                          I know right? Kinda like Christmas morning as a kid, you didn't know Watts you you were going to get. I did tweet at TDM about the NLoI's for the women and he said he was working on a story.

Comment

• UW is heading to Rodentapolis this weekend for a series with the Tommiettes. It has to suck to have to go to that gross place 3 times a year now. Coming off a bye playing an over-matched opponent, need to come out hard and fast. The BSU tie is fresh and should be a motivator. It would be great to see Pettet/SS breakout if Watts still on their line (or still break out if she isn't).

Comment

UW is heading to Rodentapolis this weekend for a series with the Tommiettes. It has to suck to have to go to that gross place 3 times a year now.
                              UW played in Minneapolis three times as far back as 2006. If you ask the players from that Badgers roster, I'm confident that they would say that they enjoyed their trips all three times. The hosts? Not so much.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UW is heading to Rodentapolis this weekend for a series with the Tommiettes. It has to suck to have to go to that gross place 3 times a year now. Coming off a bye playing an over-matched opponent, need to come out hard and fast. The BSU tie is fresh and should be a motivator. It would be great to see Pettet/SS breakout if Watts still on their line (or still break out if she isn't).
                                Not to nitpick, but your team probably won't even have to set foot in the big city. The "Tommiettes" rink, at least for the time being, is located in the sleepy little suburb of Mendota Heights, so it may take the BADgers' legs any number of shifts to "wake up" in their attempt to score (much like they didn't do very well in their opening game against Bemidji this past Friday). Not that I'll be cheering for that to happen or anything...(Wink)
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X