Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2021-2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Isn't Bowlby in her 5th year?
    Yeah, I meant that they will need all the experienced D to log a lot of icetime.

    Buchbinder said in the celebration video that she would see us next year, inferring she was coming back next year. That would be great.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

      Not a good sign for either Posick or Picard. At least he had an ace in the hole. Yikes. I can't imagine she is in playing shape. The team has been training for months. I guess we'll see tomorrow if and how much she plays.
      I said it a while back, and I was only half-joking then: what's Kyleigh Hanzlik doing this year?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

        I said it a while back, and I was only half-joking then: what's Kyleigh Hanzlik doing this year?
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyleigh-hanzlik-628834202/

        Comment


        • Glad to hear she's finishing up her degree; not crazy about where she chose to do so! :-)

          PWHPA at least means she won't be showing up in a Gopher uniform.

          Comment


          • It's with disappointment I'm offering congratulations on the win today.
            OSU gave a strong push in the 3rd but I felt our passing and puck control was off today not allowing a rhythm to be established in the offensive zone and it seemed Wisconsin controlled the neutral zone. Both teams had some VERY juicy scoring chances that either barely missed or stopped by two outstanding goaltenders.
            Big question now is what kind of fire is Coach Nadine going to light under her team for tomorrow's game?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Glad to hear she's finishing up her degree; not crazy about where she chose to do so! :-)
              EGADS!

              Picard is out for the year. TDM thinks she's get a medical redshirt for this season. After Drake, who is the next emergency F?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                It's with disappointment I'm offering congratulations on the win today.
                OSU gave a strong push in the 3rd but I felt our passing and puck control was off today not allowing a rhythm to be established in the offensive zone and it seemed Wisconsin controlled the neutral zone. Both teams had some VERY juicy scoring chances that either barely missed or stopped by two outstanding goaltenders.
                Big question now is what kind of fire is Coach Nadine going to light under her team for tomorrow's game?
                I don't think OSU need a fire lit from Watts I saw. It was a fascinating game to watch. OSU had a lot more O zone control than UW did, especially the first and the 2nd half of the 3rd, yet overall UW had a quarter more shots. I think OSU had better opportunities as in cleaner shots, but UW had the 2 best non scoring plays, rang the crosssbar and SS hit the post after an amazing individual play. OSU was victimized by Ludwig's terrible tripping call on them, but UW failed to accept the help. Offside's guy hit the nail on the head in the OSU thread when he said UW seems to have more talented players but OSU at least today seemed to play a better team game. There were times were UW did not play with poise on D zone exit, which usually is a hallmark of UW. I feel lucky that UW didn't puke the game away the 2nd half of the the 3rd period. It seemed like a time bomb waiting to go off the way OSU controlled the O zone. Blair was fantastic.

                UW needs to figure a few things out in their D zone like figuring how to gain possession back once the OSU cycle kicks in. I will say despite getting out possessed too often, they were not leaving players wide open, they were on their assignments. And they played solid transition D.

                The 2nd period was great racehorse hockey, tons of flow. The period flew by.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                  I don't think OSU need a fire lit from Watts I saw. It was a fascinating game to watch. OSU had a lot more O zone control than UW did, especially the first and the 2nd half of the 3rd, yet overall UW had a quarter more shots. I think OSU had better opportunities as in cleaner shots, but UW had the 2 best non scoring plays, rang the crosssbar and SS hit the post after an amazing individual play. OSU was victimized by Ludwig's terrible tripping call on them, but UW failed to accept the help. Offside's guy hit the nail on the head in the OSU thread when he said UW seems to have more talented players but OSU at least today seemed to play a better team game. There were times were UW did not play with poise on D zone exit, which usually is a hallmark of UW. I feel lucky that UW didn't puke the game away the 2nd half of the the 3rd period. It seemed like a time bomb waiting to go off the way OSU controlled the O zone. Blair was fantastic.

                  UW needs to figure a few things out in their D zone like figuring how to gain possession back once the OSU cycle kicks in. I will say despite getting out possessed too often, they were not leaving players wide open, they were on their assignments. And they played solid transition D.

                  The 2nd period was great racehorse hockey, tons of flow. The period flew by.
                  I think you’re being too hard on your Badgers. From my neutral vantage point (I don’t really root for either program), other than the last few minutes of the third period, this was Ohio State‘s worst performance in a long time (save for the goalie). They were continually half a step behind the Badgers and suffering from the Badgers’ “relentless” pressure instead of dishing it out as the Buckeyes usually do. The question is was OSU‘s poor performance just an off game? Or was it due to the Badgers’ superior talent? If OSU doesn’t look considerably better in tomorrow’s game, I have to change my prediction from OSU being this year‘s Natty champion to it being Wisco (no, there is no eastern team who has a chance).

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                    EGADS!

                    Picard is out for the year. TDM thinks she's get a medical redshirt for this season. After Drake, who is the next emergency F?
                    This is bad news indeed. I didn't see this on Todd's twitter. Was it in the presser after the game?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                      I think you’re being too hard on your Badgers. From my neutral vantage point (I don’t really root for either program), other than the last few minutes of the third period, this was Ohio State‘s worst performance in a long time (save for the goalie). They were continually half a step behind the Badgers and suffering from the Badgers’ “relentless” pressure instead of dishing it out as the Buckeyes usually do. The question is was OSU‘s poor performance just an off game? Or was it due to the Badgers’ superior talent? If OSU doesn’t look considerably better in tomorrow’s game, I have to change my prediction from OSU being this year‘s Natty champion to it being Wisco (no, there is no eastern team who has a chance).
                      I don't think we watched the same game LOL unless my viewpoint on the glass behind the bench skews what I see with the low angle. From my viewpoint today, OSU dominated the first and the first half of the second possession-wise, keeping UW pinned in and forcing them to dump/ice to get out, then UW seemed to get their footing. WI came out in the 2nd period and were noticeably more aggressive in the D zone trying to get on people and de-puck them instead of letting them just skate around untouched. I dvr'ed the game today, I will try and re-watch to see if my opinion changes with the higher angle viewpoint.

                      I saw in the USCHO article that Muzzy is pushing the OSU goalie for the PK. All I can say is LOL, she just lost twice to Blair.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

                        This is bad news indeed. I didn't see this on Todd's twitter. Was it in the presser after the game?
                        There was a girl on the bench pre-game moving about on crutches who looked like photos I've seen of Picard (though with COVID, etc, they're all less recognizable to me than would usually be the case); I couldn't see if there was a cast or brace, etc involved. Maybe Tim could see that from his position?

                        I found myself sitting next to a player-parent today, so I asked her the way I always ask the question, and she laughed and then answered exactly correctly: "So if I ask you about the injuries, Picard and Nealey, you're gonna tell me nothing?" "Absolutely nothing!"
                        Last edited by robertearle; 10-24-2021, 09:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                          I don't think we watched the same game LOL unless my viewpoint on the glass behind the bench skews what I see with the low angle. From my viewpoint today, OSU dominated the first and the first half of the second possession-wise, keeping UW pinned in and forcing them to dump/ice to get out, then UW seemed to get their footing. WI came out in the 2nd period and were noticeably more aggressive in the D zone trying to get on people and de-puck them instead of letting them just skate around untouched. I dvr'ed the game today, I will try and re-watch to see if my opinion changes with the higher angle viewpoint.

                          I saw in the USCHO article that Muzzy is pushing the OSU goalie for the PK. All I can say is LOL, she just lost twice to Blair.
                          To clarify, my comments were about Saturday’s game. Today I thought the Buckeyes got the better of the Badgers though the final score didn’t reflect that.

                          Comment


                          • Did anyone notice if Teagan Grant on the ice with the Buckeyes? My eyes had a difficult time reading the numbers or words on the OSU jerseys--and my mind was focused more on the Badgers than on the OSU personnel--so I didn't see if she had regular shifts. It must have been awkward for her to be back at LaBahn.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                              Did anyone notice if Teagan Grant on the ice with the Buckeyes? My eyes had a difficult time reading the numbers or words on the OSU jerseys--and my mind was focused more on the Badgers than on the OSU personnel--so I didn't see if she had regular shifts. It must have been awkward for her to be back at LaBahn.
                              I did notice her two or three times, but when I'm able to think about who's on the ice, it's much more whose out for Wisconsin. So I don't count for much.

                              Comment


                              • https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...bf108b069.html

                                Picard had surgery on her right leg.

                                pretty short bench. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                                Last edited by Lindsay; 10-24-2021, 10:53 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X