Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM
    replied
    Syracuse @ Mercyhurst and UNH versus Providence are postponed this weekend due to Covid situations impacting the Lakers and Friars.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah, anyone at risk should go for it. I will get it when it becomes available to non-risk people. What I am curious about is will certain places make you show proof of vaccination before they let you in.
    Anyone wearing Badger colors should probably be required to show proof of vaccination. I approve this message!

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post
    My wife and I will get the shot as soon as it is available to us. Both of us have issues (My wife asthma) and I (Multiple myeloma) and we want no part of COVID. THe shot along with social distancing and wearing a mask will still be part of our daily life for the better part of 2021. For the first time ever, in person Christmas will not be with my daughter and family. Thank God for Google Duo.
    Yeah, anyone at risk should go for it. I will get it when it becomes available to non-risk people. What I am curious about is will certain places make you show proof of vaccination before they let you in.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

Those were the good old days. The Watts transfer was a huge treasure-trove for the board, so much fun.

So whose getting in line to get shot up with Covid 19 juice?
    My wife and I will get the shot as soon as it is available to us. Both of us have issues (My wife asthma) and I (Multiple myeloma) and we want no part of COVID. THe shot along with social distancing and wearing a mask will still be part of our daily life for the better part of 2021. For the first time ever, in person Christmas will not be with my daughter and family. Thank God for Google Duo.
    Last edited by vicb; 12-17-2020, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
    One of the main victims of the virus, on this board anyway, is the demise of the bad puns and Chuck Norris-style Megan Keller jokes. I learned everything I know about Ohm's Law from Daryl Watts' transfer to UW, and I still recall that sharks have an annual Megan Keller Week on Discovery Channel.
    Those were the good old days. The Watts transfer was a huge treasure-trove for the board, so much fun.

So whose getting in line to get shot up with Covid 19 juice?

Leave a comment:

• Leather helmet
    replied
    One of the main victims of the virus, on this board anyway, is the demise of the bad puns and Chuck Norris-style Megan Keller jokes. I learned everything I know about Ohm's Law from Daryl Watts' transfer to UW, and I still recall that sharks have an annual Megan Keller Week on Discovery Channel.

Leave a comment:

• DDad16
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    A Florida men's basketball player (Keyontae Johnson) who had COVID over the summer, collapsed on the court and had to be stretchered off this afternoon and is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital. If this is from myocarditis caused by COVID it might have implications for the continued operations of the NCAA this season...
    A full cardiovascular workup should be required for any athlete before returning to action. Even though my daughter had very mild symptoms, we had an ECG and an Ultrasound done during a visit to a cardiologist before returning to any activity. Cardiologist determined a troponin check wasn't necessary. You can decide to not do this because the NCAA (as well as some schools) isn't requiring it (depending on your symptoms). But in this case I would always rather be safe than sorry. I hope this young man comes out of this okay and without any permanent damage.

** As always, this is just one person's opinion. :-)

Leave a comment:

• waynorth907
    replied
    ESPN reported on this story today (re: Keyontae Johnson) and made an inference that it is related to Covid. I'ts unfortunate, and I wish the best for this young man, but it definitely is concerning to see the event attributed to this Covid virus.. since so little is actually known about it.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_TG
    replied
    A Florida men's basketball player (Keyontae Johnson) who had COVID over the summer, collapsed on the court and had to be stretchered off this afternoon and is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital. If this is from myocarditis caused by COVID it might have implications for the continued operations of the NCAA this season...

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you get well soon. It's scary how many people are so dismissive of getting this thing despite how many patients there are with similar experiences to yours. It's not a game worth playing in my opinion
    Been out of touch for awhile. Mostly because I hate this new website for the forum. So with all these games being played now, how exactly is everyone staying safe while doing it? I don't really get how some schools have decided to play this year while so many others have not.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_TG
    replied
    Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    So I am on Day 22 of suffering from COVID. I, too, did everything I could think of to avoid it but then our son came home from college with it. Interestingly enough, he took a cab home from the airport and went right to the basement where he quarantined for 14 days. We went so far as to leave food outside the door but somehow my wife and I both got it anyway. Maybe air circulating through the house?

I'll say that, while it's good news the death rate is dropping due to advances in treatments, you still **** well don't want to get it. I never had to go to the hospital but, since spending a week feeling like I had a terrible flu and then starting to feel better, I'm still coughing so bad it makes conversing difficult and I'm very fatigued, sleeping 12+ hours a night which is very unusual for me.

Of course, what's so frustrating with Covid is how it impacts so many so differently. My wife and son had mild cold symptoms for 5 or 6 days and then felt fine. My college-hockey-playing daughter had it and had the same minor symptoms. Now my 82-year-old mother-in-law has it and is asympotmatic (thank goodness!).

I will say I'll continue to support mask wearing and will get the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone and anything I can do to help prevent the spread - even if it's a minor help - I'll do. Take care, people!
    Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you get well soon. It's scary how many people are so dismissive of getting this thing despite how many patients there are with similar experiences to yours. It's not a game worth playing in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• Offsides Guy
    replied
    So I am on Day 22 of suffering from COVID. I, too, did everything I could think of to avoid it but then our son came home from college with it. Interestingly enough, he took a cab home from the airport and went right to the basement where he quarantined for 14 days. We went so far as to leave food outside the door but somehow my wife and I both got it anyway. Maybe air circulating through the house?

I'll say that, while it's good news the death rate is dropping due to advances in treatments, you still damn well don't want to get it. I never had to go to the hospital but, since spending a week feeling like I had a terrible flu and then starting to feel better, I'm still coughing so bad it makes conversing difficult and I'm very fatigued, sleeping 12+ hours a night which is very unusual for me.

Of course, what's so frustrating with Covid is how it impacts so many so differently. My wife and son had mild cold symptoms for 5 or 6 days and then felt fine. My college-hockey-playing daughter had it and had the same minor symptoms. Now my 82-year-old mother-in-law has it and is asympotmatic (thank goodness!).

I will say I'll continue to support mask wearing and will get the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone and anything I can do to help prevent the spread - even if it's a minor help - I'll do. Take care, people!

Leave a comment:

• EMPTYNETTER
    replied

Last January my wife, youngest son and his girlfriend all had a covid like illness except for the loosing taste thing. We suspect it was covid. Just about a year ago my parents were hospitalized with what was called pneumonia. My Dad's symptoms were strange in that he had some cognitive fogginess that is a symptom of covid, along with low oxygen. My Mom's was just straight up low oxygen. My daughter and myself have had no illness that could be covid over the last 12 months. My wife and I have discussed getting the antibody test.

Tempting fate.....Yes the Christmas cookie event was a risk, though the one who got the positive is the one who gets tested all the time LOL. We mask everywhere, we mostly on line shop. I do make a weekly run to the Pig for items, maybe once a month to Menards of Fleet Farm. I have eaten in a restaurant once in the last 9 months. For a period we were doing Church online, now we are back to in person, but masks are virtually required and the capacity of attendance is 20% at the busiest service. Every other pew is roped off, people don't hang around and socialize afterwards, they pretty much just leave. I do attend 4 socially distanced church meetings a month in person and I go to a 12 person socially distanced Bible Class twice a month. We end up seeing our sons maybe twice a month and my parents twice a month. What we have done is now allow our sons to see my parents, so my parents contact is limited to me, my wife my daughter and my sister. If we have an exposure or do something risky, we don't see my parents for 2 weeks. For work I do end up maybe twice a week dealing with customers in person, but socially distanced and masked. I wear a mask at work when I talk to fellow employees, who pretty much have stopped wearing masks. That's basically my life right now. I never really looked at myself as one who was taking un-necessary risks. Maybe I am? I suppose seeing my parents is.....Interesting to ponder on it, thanks for encouraging me to do a self evaluation.
    I went for the antibody test and was told that if my exposure had not been in the prior 10-12 weeks, the test would not pick it up. There are undoubtedly many who feel that they may have had the virus in Q1 2020, but no way to conclusively determine.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    You could consider doing two things:
    - get an antibody test; maybe you had it, were asymptomatic and now have antibodies
    - stop tempting fate, and take more and better precautions
    Last January my wife, youngest son and his girlfriend all had a covid like illness except for the loosing taste thing. We suspect it was covid. Just about a year ago my parents were hospitalized with what was called pneumonia. My Dad's symptoms were strange in that he had some cognitive fogginess that is a symptom of covid, along with low oxygen. My Mom's was just straight up low oxygen. My daughter and myself have had no illness that could be covid over the last 12 months. My wife and I have discussed getting the antibody test.

Tempting fate.....Yes the Christmas cookie event was a risk, though the one who got the positive is the one who gets tested all the time LOL. We mask everywhere, we mostly on line shop. I do make a weekly run to the Pig for items, maybe once a month to Menards of Fleet Farm. I have eaten in a restaurant once in the last 9 months. For a period we were doing Church online, now we are back to in person, but masks are virtually required and the capacity of attendance is 20% at the busiest service. Every other pew is roped off, people don't hang around and socialize afterwards, they pretty much just leave. I do attend 4 socially distanced church meetings a month in person and I go to a 12 person socially distanced Bible Class twice a month. We end up seeing our sons maybe twice a month and my parents twice a month. What we have done is now allow our sons to see my parents, so my parents contact is limited to me, my wife my daughter and my sister. If we have an exposure or do something risky, we don't see my parents for 2 weeks. For work I do end up maybe twice a week dealing with customers in person, but socially distanced and masked. I wear a mask at work when I talk to fellow employees, who pretty much have stopped wearing masks. That's basically my life right now. I never really looked at myself as one who was taking un-necessary risks. Maybe I am? I suppose seeing my parents is.....Interesting to ponder on it, thanks for encouraging me to do a self evaluation.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    So I have been in 2 instances now where multiple people in my group were exposed to a person within 1-3 days of them testing positive and no one but the sick person tested positive. I don't think anyone truly understands who this thing works.
    You could consider doing two things:
    - get an antibody test; maybe you had it, were asymptomatic and now have antibodies
    - stop tempting fate, and take more and better precautions
    Last edited by robertearle; 12-07-2020, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X