X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I'm not *quite* at that point yet, but one month after we reach the point where anyone can sign up for a vaccine and get it the next day, I will be all-in on reopening. At that point if you haven't gotten a shot that's your own fault and I'm not shutting my life down any more because you want to be ignorant.
    How did the race go last night?

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    So my wife, myself and daughter are getting it tomorrow. I have have concerns about the long term side effects being completely unknown, but my daughter is borderline higher risk and it would kill me to see her get C19 and die from it with me knowing I could have prevented it. My wife is very against getting it, but she is willing to trust me on this. I'm more of a fact/analyze guy, she has got a bit sucked into the vaccine paranoia on social media unfortunately.
    Honestly, good for you, nice work.

On the vaccine passport, after thinking and listening to the general public's opinions, I am 100% opposed to it, but am very willing to have a nice discussion on it.
    I feel like the concept of a vaccine passport has gotten needlessly politicized. All it seems like, to me, is a more organized/less piecemeal way for people to show that they've been vaccinated or have otherwise recently tested negative. We're already doing that stuff now by requiring negative tests for certain things -- the vaccine passport is just easier bookkeeping. At least that's how I see it.

I also think that who really gives a crap about the amount of positive tests at this point? Most at risk people are vaccinated by now, so if they get it, it will not over-run hospital capacity and lead to death, which was the driving force to flatten the curve.
    I'm not *quite* at that point yet, but one month after we reach the point where anyone can sign up for a vaccine and get it the next day, I will be all-in on reopening. At that point if you haven't gotten a shot that's your own fault and I'm not shutting my life down any more because you want to be ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Second shot coming this afternoon. "Team Pfizer". A little fatigue after the first, but no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied
    I got shot up yesterday. So far all I have noticed is I love the colors maroon and gold suddenly. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?
    Are you sure it was for Covid and not an IQ enhancer that you were given?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    I got shot up yesterday. So far all I have noticed is I love the colors maroon and gold suddenly. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    My wife and I got the Moderna shots. First shot no issues for me some mild fatigue for my wife. 2nd shot my wife had all kinds of issues for 2 days: headaches, nausea, dizziness, muscle aches and fatigue (slept most of the time). Slowly recovered on the 3rd and 4th day. I was OK the first day after the shot but developed some fatigue and muscle aches the 2nd day. By the 4th day I had no further issues.

Leave a comment:

• cct78
    replied
    No issues with first shot other than sore arm and mild headache. 1 day of body aches after second shot, then no issues.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    I had my second shot exactly two months ago tomorrow and have had no ill effects. And same for everyone I've spoken to about it.

Leave a comment:

• zambonidriver
    replied
    I have been fully vaccinated for a month now and I am showing no ill effects. It is true that there are effects after the second shot. Here is how my family looked at the effects. If you have minimal effects after the second shot covid probably would have just knocked you down for a week. If you have more serious effects there is a good chance you would have had serious issues had you not been vaccinated and caught the virus. Food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Yeah, anyone at risk should go for it. I will get it when it becomes available to non-risk people. What I am curious about is will certain places make you show proof of vaccination before they let you in.
    So my wife, myself and daughter are getting it tomorrow. I have have concerns about the long term side effects being completely unknown, but my daughter is borderline higher risk and it would kill me to see her get C19 and die from it with me knowing I could have prevented it. My wife is very against getting it, but she is willing to trust me on this. I'm more of a fact/analyze guy, she has got a bit sucked into the vaccine paranoia on social media unfortunately.

On the vaccine passport, after thinking and listening to the general public's opinions, I am 100% opposed to it, but am very willing to have a nice discussion on it.

I also think that who really gives a crap about the amount of positive tests at this point? Most at risk people are vaccinated by now, so if they get it, it will not over-run hospital capacity and lead to death, which was the driving force to flatten the curve.

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Clarkson University Athletics on pause due to Corona Virus outbreak on campus. Clarkson - SLU womens hockey game toknight cancelled.

https://clarksonathletics.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey
    SLU is now going to play QPAC this weekend to get more games in. QPAC was scheduled to play Colgate who will now presumably have the weekend off.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Clarkson University Athletics on pause due to Corona Virus outbreak on campus. Clarkson - SLU womens hockey game toknight cancelled.

https://clarksonathletics.com/sports/womens-ice-hockey

Leave a comment:

• Hockeynation
    replied
    Add SLU women on pause due to Covid. Games vs Quinny this weekend and Clarkson on Wed are postponed according to ECAC Hockey League

https://www.ecachockey.com/women/202...hedule_Changes
    Probably to be expected somewhat in this difficult environment. Any word if games will be rescheduled?

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Add SLU women on pause due to Covid. Games vs Quinny this weekend and Clarkson on Wed are postponed according to ECAC Hockey League

Training staff member tested positive. No players to date but have to quarantine.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X