Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Yes the vaccines are doing their job. I pray it stays that way, and people will get their boosters, or consider getting vaxxed if not already.

My heart goes out to anyone suffering from the myriad ways coronavirus affects our lives. Right now are hospitals are severely understaffed to the point where 1,050 national guard members have been deployed to work at the hospitals in Ohio. I’m not sure at what point we say “the healthcare system is collapsing”. We are back in virtual in our district after Christmas.
    Natural immunity is no doubt doing it's job as well. there will undoubtedly be more strains for years to come (perhaps forever, like that other virus - the 'flu') and human immune systems will do what they do. I agree that seeing people suffering from the impacts is just brutal.

Comment

• Yesterday's Clarkson-Princeton game, at the end of the game no post game hand shakes. Seems odd considering all of the close contact between players during the game. There were a number of players on both teams who did not play I am assuming due to COVID issues. On the Clarkson side, Lonergan, Helgeson and Gaudet were not playing.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
        Yesterday's Clarkson-Princeton game, at the end of the game no post game hand shakes. Seems odd considering all of the close contact between players during the game. There were a number of players on both teams who did not play I am assuming due to COVID issues. On the Clarkson side, Lonergan, Helgeson and Gaudet were not playing.
        I haven’t seen a post game handshake in any game I’ve been to this season.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I haven’t seen a post game handshake in any game I’ve been to this season.
          Gophers/St. Thomas did the usual routine, through the line, then the refs and coaches. Also big hugs between Gopher players and former assistant coach Bethany Brausen, running the St. Thomas bench while Joel fine tunes his Olympic charges.

Comment

• Todays Clarkson Quinnipiac game had the usual post game handshake line. Go figure.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Harvard at Cornell and Colgate postponed.
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• From Harvard:

Due to COVID-19 concerns and safety protocols within the Harvard women's ice hockey program, the Crimson's scheduled games at Cornell and Colgate this Sunday (Jan. 9) and Monday (Jan. 10) have been postponed.

Comment

• Clarkson games with Colgate and Cornell postponed due to COVID Protocols with the Clarkson team.
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• From ohiostatebuckeyes.com:

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Due to Covid-19 concerns within the St. Cloud State program, the No. 2 Ohio State women’s hockey team’s series at St. Cloud State this weekend has been canceled. The series was originally scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 14 and 3 p.m. ET Saturday, Jan. 15.

Working with the programs, the WCHA will make every effort to reschedule.

Of course the games should be rescheduled. But it's very difficult to see when that would occur. Would they really plop a series in the middle of the week, forcing the players to play six games in nine days? Sounds a "cure" that's worse than the problem. For both teams. I guess all we can do is stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      Of course the games should be rescheduled. But it's very difficult to see when that would occur.
                      The Buckeyes are at Mankato on Feb 4/5 and Bemidji on Feb 11/12. If it is ever going to happen, that week would be the time, as it wouldn't involve an extra flight. Normally, one would say that tOSU players would miss too much school, but after two years of distance learning, is that even a thing anymore?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• For some reason I thought at the beginning of the year WcHa said that games lost to Covid wouldn’t be rescheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                          For some reason I thought at the beginning of the year WcHa said that games lost to Covid wouldn’t be rescheduled.
                          Whatever anyone in authority says pertaining to Covid will be contradicted by the next release in a week or two.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            . Normally, one would say that tOSU players would miss too much school, but after two years of distance learning, is that even a thing anymore?
                            HA! This is 1000% true! Figure something out. This is were the league leaders can earn their money and come up with a plan. Show us some leadership!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

This is were the league leaders can earn their money and come up with a plan. Show us some leadership!
                              Come on Timothy! Show us some grammar. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                                Come on Timothy! Show us some grammar. LOL
                                I deserve that one. My bad, or badder than normal.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X