Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    Hopefully the schools will just push through this Omicron spike and not overreact like the NHL. NFL is more reasonable. South Africa already reports cases numbers crashing. It's a short term high spike because of tremendous transmissibility but it burns out fast and is very mild. As someone in their 50s who just had Omicron last week, it was barely noticeable (slight cough no other symptoms). Had a much worse cold at Thanksgiving. It's not a reason for healthy young athletes not to compete imho. Also, because it is so transmissible, most everyone will get it so may as well do it sooner than later.
    It's like you read my mind, great post.

The NHL is over-reacting because of the heavy Canadian influence on it. Canada has had no better luck with Covid, even when they locked her down like North Korea. And they are 77% vaccinated vs US 61%, yet they are freaking out while Grandpa Joe says get shot up and party on Wayne.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The NHL is over-reacting because of the heavy Canadian influence on it.
      There's also a heavy Canadian influence on the World Juniors which is very much on and in fact is just getting underway.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        There's also a heavy Canadian influence on the World Juniors which is very much on and in fact is just getting underway.
        Yet the IIHF just cancelled all international tournaments in January. Of course, not the WJC -- that's their bread and butter. Just the ones that lose money ... wait, did I say that outloud...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Yet the IIHF just cancelled all international tournaments in January. Of course, not the WJC -- that's their bread and butter. Just the ones that lose money ... wait, did I say that outloud...
          The Victory Press just reported that the IIHF has CANCELLED, not postponed or rescheduled, but cancelled, the U18 Women's World Championship. While it looks like the mens side will not be affected, the women get the short stick again. Incredible, in this day and age, that women's sports are not taken seriously. All of us here should make some noise, REGARDLESS of whether it makes an immediate impact on the decision makers. This really gets me upset. You have all seen the Jumbotron message at the arena, LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE! ARRGGG!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Yea why is it reported as all January tourneys? It’s 4 women’s tourneys. Feels retaliatory, IIHF lost the nhl players and ticket revenue to the Wjc in a week, better lash out in some way. It’s not about safety, given the wjc goes on.

there’s been other men’s tourneys that can’t be money makers that have gone on. So while I think it’s about money, i also think they just could not care less about women’s hockey.

new IIHF president (Canadian and French), same old IIHF
            Last edited by Lindsay; 12-24-2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• https://www.iihf.com/en/news/31296/j...ents_cancelled

2 div II men’s tourneys also cancelled I see. IIHF blames host country Sweden for for cancelling but not postponing the U18 girls top level.

Comment

• Womens U18 may still be played:

https://twitter.com/RenataFast/statu...D&refsrc=email
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  That would be awesome. It is great to see that a governing body somewhere on the planet is committed to giving our young players the opportunity to develop their talents. With sports as a whole being so male-centric it bugs the heck out of me that the young ladies are still treated as second class citizens. I have watched as many of the U18 games as I could get, and it is a treat to see the future top line players hone their skills among their peers. At the rink I enjoy pointing out players from either team that I saw before they reached college, and who stood out as exceptional when they were younger. I will be the first to acknowledge that this and recent years have not been business as usual. But if you are in charge of putting a tournament together, you don't collapse at the first obstacle and give up. I would like to see a stronger commitment to the young ladies of our sport.

Comment

• The vaccine is more important than ever because the cloth masks we are wearing are worthless. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ron-contagious

That being said, the cases milder in general, so don't fear, just get shot up and live your life.

Comment

The vaccine is more important than ever because the cloth masks we are wearing are worthless. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ron-contagious

That being said, the cases milder in general, so don't fear, just get shot up and live your life.
                      Luckily for everyone, there is a lot of high quality masks available now. Early in the pandemic healthcare workers had a shortage of proper PPE, so the public was asked not to use the N95 styles. Now the supply is excellent, with deals to be had on all the stuff we scrambled for last year.

Comment

• Our daughter, her husband (both in their 40's) and our soon to be 6 year old granddaughter live in NYC (Queens) in a small 2 bedroom, one bath condo that they own. All have been very careful to use a mask when in the halls of their building and in all public indoor spaces. They do not go out to eat at all. All have been vaccinated. Everything was fine until the week before Xmas when my daughter had a tooth that needed fixing and the day after going to the dentist she and her husband got the booster. You guessed it, she goes to the dentist where of course the mask has to be off and 4 days later gets sick and tested positive for the virus. So no Xmas visit from gran and grandpa. My daughter isolates herself in one bedroom and tries to disinfect as much as possible the one bathroom whenever she uses it. They send my granddaughter to live with his parents on Long Island. 4 days into her isolation her husband gets sick and he tests positive. Luckily their symptoms have been relatively mild, nasal congestion, headaches and pressure behind the eyeballs (my daughter had one episode where she said that she thought her eyeball was going to be pushed out of her eye socket). No matter how careful you are, there is always something that comes up that you have to put yourself at risk. Thank God for the vaccines and anyone that is not vaccinated by now, I have no sympathy for if the get this god awful disease and perish.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Our daughter ...gets sick and tested positive for the virus. So no Xmas visit from gran and grandpa. My daughter isolates herself in one bedroom and tries to disinfect as much as possible the one bathroom whenever she uses it. They send my granddaughter to live with his parents on Long Island. 4 days into her isolation her husband gets sick and he tests positive.
                          Sorry to hear Vic, hope the family can all be together again soon. The family separation has been a difficult part of all this. :-(

Comment

• https://apnews.com/article/nhl-sport...ign=SocialFlow

USA Hockey asking IIHF to consider postponing U18 tourney. Hockey Canada as well. Nice
                            to see, and hope the girls get to play sometime when things calm down.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...s-to-host.html

Comment

• Per USA today article......New CDC guidelines.....5 day Q when you get a positive, used to be 10 days. Close contact if you are shot up, don't have to Q, but wear a mask for 10 days (which is ?? based on the ineffectiveness of masks per article below, you almost have to ban cloth masks and force the good ones), if no shot or partial shot, 5 day Q and 5 day mask.

Omricon is most contagious 2 days before a positive test and 3 days after.

I am not shocked someone got it from a dental office. The cloth masks are not effective, this is very contagious and I bet bet a typical dental office sees 50-100 patients a day. This stuff stays in the air for hours and hours. Odds are you are going to get this, get shot up, feel bad for a few days and then life goes on.

Comment

Per USA today article......New CDC guidelines.....5 day Q when you get a positive, used to be 10 days. Close contact if you are shot up, don't have to Q, but wear a mask for 10 days (which is ?? based on the ineffectiveness of masks per article below, you almost have to ban cloth masks and force the good ones), if no shot or partial shot, 5 day Q and 5 day mask.

Omricon is most contagious 2 days before a positive test and 3 days after.

I am not shocked someone got it from a dental office. The cloth masks are not effective, this is very contagious and I bet bet a typical dental office sees 50-100 patients a day. This stuff stays in the air for hours and hours. Odds are you are going to get this, get shot up, feel bad for a few days and then life goes on.
                                I wish to add a reminder about why cloth masks are so pervasive. In the beginning of the pandemic, any mask of quality was being given to healthcare workers. There was a disturbing lack of PPE due to the business policy of shipping manufacturing overseas to exploit cheap labor. So people starting making masks out of cloth for ordinary people to use. I remember numerous sewing circles getting started, so that there was some protection from aerosol spread of Covid while the N95 and similar masks were reserved for the people dealing with patients on a daily basis. There was never any claim that cloth masks were as good as hospital issue masks, but they were better than nothing. Now that supply chain issues are taken care of, everyone can, and should, obtain a quality mask to protect themselves and others.

Comment

Working...
                                X