Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Big Hockey Tournaments went well in Minnesota and New England and the 1,000,000 basketball challenge all went off without a hitch. Shhh it's a secret .. it does not fit the narrative. They weren't in a bubble either.
    Trying to have a discussion with pod people is a waste of your time.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Farenheit 451, what a literary masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

H1N1 in 2009 is "credited" with causing 12.500 deaths in the US.

There were a TOTAL of eight SARS cases in the US, with zero deaths.

The death toll for COVID-19 is currently over 163,000, and we're not remotely close to being done adding to that total.

"Just saying"
        Shhh it's a secret .. it does not fit the narrative.

Comment

• Why the sudden shift to cancel football? Was there some new medical information available in the past week that they didn't have when posting schedules one week ago? These student athletes, who have worked their entire lives for this, now have their seasons whisked away. If the fear is really for their well being, they'd be better off on the football field and following a team safety protocol rather than joining the rest of the college community for alternative 'activities' on weekends! The mental health impact will far surpass the potential impact of some positive COVID cases.

Comment

• .06 of the population is 60 percent of the cases. FYI continue to ignore the Scandinavian countries and Holland that are living with the virus and operating almost as usual. Death Rates are down and the moronic states that put Covid patients into nursing homes are no longer doing that. It is what it is no college football, no college hockey. It's a shame. That's not political.

​​​​​

Comment

• Why the sudden shift to cancel football? Easy - liability reasons, in the B1G especially. There is a very public case of an IU player who had covid who now apparently has heart problems. While the NCAA model works very well for the vast majority of student-athletes (and all women players), it apparently is 'unfair' to a handful of football players in P5 programs and if the season continued and more start to have long term health issues after contracting covid, it would be easy pick'ins for any decent lawyer to say the schools put profits over the health of the players. Ripple effect of this will be severe I am afraid for the non-revenue sports and I am hoping there will be a women's hockey season next winter (this year is lost).

Comment

• Back in March and April, when New York was going through the worst of their outbreak and Gov Cuomo was doing daily press conferences, I heard him say something like this at least a half-dozen times:

In an emergency like this, it is essentially impossible to get the reaction just right; to some degree or another, you are either going to over-react or under-react. In the face of a pandemic, over-reacting is better.
                Last edited by robertearle; 08-11-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

The death toll for COVID-19 is currently over 163,000
                  To quote the great Squirrely Dan, "Allegedly".

Comment

• Originally posted by DDad16 View Post

To quote the great Squirrely Dan, "Allegedly".
                    For many decades now, the US Census has tracked the numbers of deaths in the US population. Regardless of cause (though they track that, too), just the number of people who died in a given period of time. And with that information, they are really quite good at knowing "how many people will die in the month of June", or "how many will die during the second week of July", etc etc.

Since the end of March, the US has been exceeding the expected number of deaths from all causes. By a LOT. Once more, this is not deaths attributed to COVID, or heart disease or cancer or whatever else. No subjectivity or 'co-morbidities' etc. Just how many people have died.

Scroll down the the chart titled 'Weekly number of deaths from all causes'.

And then explain to me please what is "allegedly" causing all those deaths, if not COVID. I'm all ears.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
                    Last edited by robertearle; 08-12-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

For many decades now, the US Census has tracked the numbers of deaths in the US population. Regardless of cause (though they track that, too), just the number of people who died in a given period of time. And with that information, they are really quite good at knowing "how many people will die in the month of June", or "how many will die during the second week of July", etc etc.

Since the end of March, the US has been exceeding the expected number of deaths from all causes. By a LOT. Once more, this is not deaths attributed to COVID, or heart disease or cancer or whatever else. No subjectivity or 'co-morbidities' etc. Just how many people have died.

Scroll down the the chart titled 'Weekly number of deaths from all causes'.

And then explain to me please what is "allegedly" causing all those deaths, if not COVID. I'm all ears.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
                      "Allegedly" refers to the numerous deaths that were attributed to COVID but were realistically due to another cause. They happened to test positive for COVID when they died. Not saying a lot of people haven't died from symptoms of COVID. Just a lot were incorrectly attributed to COVID.

Having said all of that, because the smiley face emojis (or whatever they're called) aren't working, no one saw that I put a "Big Grin" emoji at the end of my statement. I was just making a joke, sort of, that the "real numbers" (if anyone knows what those are) could be disputed or skewed to however you want to present your case for whatever you believe. This is true for anything.

Comment

"Allegedly" refers to the numerous deaths that were attributed to COVID but were realistically due to another cause. They happened to test positive for COVID when they died. Not saying a lot of people haven't died from symptoms of COVID. Just a lot were incorrectly attributed to COVID.

Having said all of that, because the smiley face emojis (or whatever they're called) aren't working, no one saw that I put a "Big Grin" emoji at the end of my statement. I was just making a joke, sort of, that the "real numbers" (if anyone knows what those are) could be disputed or skewed to however you want to present your case for whatever you believe. This is true for anything.
                        But that is ENTIRELY missing, or ignoring, the point of the chart I directed you to!

The chart doesn't "attribute" the deaths to anything. It doesn't say anything about "symptoms" or causes of death. It simply says 'this is the number of people who died'.

It simply shows that since March, LOTS of people have died that were not normally be expected to have died.

SOMETHING has been happening since March to cause all those excess deaths. They aren't "alleged" deaths; they aren't mistakenly being "attributed" to being dead; they are unmistakably dead.

If you have an explanation for what that cause is, for what is killing them all, other than COVID, I'm all ears to hear what that is. But unless and until you can give me this unidentified and undiscussed cause, I'm going to go with what the doctors and other health officials are telling us.

--------------

And if you want to indicate a 'joke", before emojis, there was :-)

Comment

But that is ENTIRELY missing, or ignoring, the point of the chart I directed you to!

The chart doesn't "attribute" the deaths to anything. It doesn't say anything about "symptoms" or causes of death. It simply says 'this is the number of people who died'.

It simply shows that since March, LOTS of people have died that were not normally be expected to have died.

SOMETHING has been happening since March to cause all those excess deaths. They aren't "alleged" deaths; they aren't mistakenly being "attributed" to being dead; they are unmistakably dead.

If you have an explanation for what that cause is, for what is killing them all, other than COVID, I'm all ears to hear what that is. But unless and until you can give me this unidentified and undiscussed cause, I'm going to go with what the doctors and other health officials are telling us.

--------------

And if you want to indicate a 'joke", before emojis, there was :-)
                          My original "allegedly" statement, however, was directed toward the 160,000 deaths attributed to COVID.

Honestly, my original intent of my statement was to just bring a little levity to the conversation, being a Letterkenny fan. That was all. Not looking to start a debate on the numbers. :-)

Comment

My original "allegedly" statement, however, was directed toward the 160,000 deaths attributed to COVID.

Honestly, my original intent of my statement was to just bring a little levity to the conversation, being a Letterkenny fan. That was all. Not looking to start a debate on the numbers. :-)
                            And, though I have not actually done so, if you go to that chart and add up the weekly numbers of 'excess deaths' since March, I'm willing to bet that you get something in the neighborhood of 160,000.

If you don't want to "start a debate on the numbers" then don't make posts that throw shade on those numbers, big shoots.
                            Last edited by robertearle; 08-13-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

big shoots
                              Haha! Good one! :-)

Comment

The allegedly comment was going to produce a defensive response, which like clockwork, it did. How dare you question a Coronabro's statistics?

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                                See there you go...Much like Reddington, you were wasting your time.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X