Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Need some levity. Leave it to the Aussies.

https://www.thejuicemedia.com/ This one is rated R.

The Ballad of Dunny Roll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0bfWbOLjY Same thing is happening in the states.
    Last edited by vicb; 03-16-2020, 02:52 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      At scholarship schools, there isn't something magical about senior seasons when it comes to granting redshirts. Harvard has rules all its own, that lead to injured student athletes withdrawing from school in order to retain a year of eligibility, and I'm not about to try to enter into that realm and make sense of it. For spring sports, the entire roster lost the year. It's not an analogy; it is simply what is.

I'm not advocating that anything specific should be done. But at the point we're at right now, there isn't anything that can be done that will be fair to everyone. It simply isn't possible, because there is one fewer season of competition and no reduction in student athletes.
      Just saw on Twitter. NCAA Div 2 announcement: “ All spring sport student-athletes will be granted an additional season of eligibility as a result of the cancellation of the spring season. Senior spring sport student-athletes will qualify for an extension of their eligibility clock to use an additional season.”

Comment

Have it on good authority that the odds are quite high that Minnesota will be in complete lock down within the next seven days...maximum.

Just mentioning to a client four days ago that "who knows, a week from now if this thing starts spinning out of control it could be illegal to be walking the street and if caught you could end up in prison...assuming there's cops on the street to attempt to monitor and enforce such measures". A state of emergency was declared here effective yesterday at 4 P.M. and I just read that "anyone breaking state of emergency orders can face a fine up to $50K, 6 months in jail".

A lot of this stuff is not difficult to anticipate.

It would be wise to keep a decent amount of cash safely stored at home because a bank is about the most dangerous place that you can store it...they can be shut down any time...for any number of reasons...which has been the case for at least the last 7 years...(and it would be foolish to rely on electronics)...this virus just compounds the already existing systemic problems in global finances...putting them on steroids soaked in jet fuel and touched off with a match. And you don't want anyone or anything standing between you and your cash when you need it.

Comment

USA hockey cancels most of the National camps...

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1097178

What is a bit confusing as they are still having the boys 16 and 17s. But only keeping the girls 18s. Looking at calendar doesn’t make sense to me....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post

What is a bit confusing as they are still having the boys 16 and 17s. But only keeping the girls 18s. Looking at calendar doesn’t make sense to me....
            First you cancel school, we will revisit it in two weeks, when they know full well that it is really to the end of the year. But, the school officials will say we will revisit this in a month. Same deal here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post

And the selections will be from the National Office.

They're not happening anyway. Next thing to go will be the USAH annual congress in early June followed soon after by the festivals.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Further to my last post I just got an email from one of my banks telling me that they, along with other competitor banks, are "temporarily" closing several of their branches.

They have requested that we limit our visits to their operating branches for urgent services that can only be transacted in person.

It is starting.

Stay safe biologically.

But also stay safe financially.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  Further to my last post I just got an email from one of my banks telling me that they, along with other competitor banks, are "temporarily" closing several of their branches.

They have requested that we limit our visits to their operating branches for urgent services that can only be transacted in person.

It is starting.

Stay safe biologically.

But also stay safe financially.
                  The bank I work at is having all branches be drive-up window only
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/w...?smid=em-share

Be sure to click on what’s available (4x4 Pushcar Final and the Crossroad Dash), and find his racing dogs etc. on Twitter.
                    Play-by-play is not dead!

Comment

I think it's nuts that interstate flights are still being allowed. There's arrivals from the hot spots coming into Milwaukee every single day. It should be only allowed for medical types.

I'll say it right now that the start of the season is in jeopardy.

My niece was told she has it. They won't test her unless it gets to the point to where she needs to be hospitalized.
                      Last edited by Timothy A; 03-29-2020, 07:07 AM.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I think it's nuts that interstate flights are still being allowed. There's arrivals from the hot spots coming into Milwaukee every single day. It should be only allowed for medical types.

I'll say it right now that the start of the season is in jeopardy.

My niece was told she has it. They won't test her unless it gets to the point to where she needs to be hospitalized.
                        Yes, the season is in jeopardy. Kirk Herbstreit, the college football anchor, thinks both pro and college football will not happen this year. If college football does not happen, then hockey is not happening.

He was of the opinion that things cannot resume to normal until there is a vaccine. I'm not there yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          Yes, the season is in jeopardy. Kirk Herbstreit, the college football anchor, thinks both pro and college football will not happen this year. If college football does not happen, then hockey is not happening.

He was of the opinion that things cannot resume to normal until there is a vaccine. I'm not there yet.....
                          Glad to hear Herbstreit finished his medical degree. I wouldn't use him as any sort of definitive source - he has some history of saying pretty dramatic things for the media attention. I think we're a real long ways away from losing the football (or hockey) seasons.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Another expert joins in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5TG9ACHYs

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                              I agree with Pluto's take on cats...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Glad to hear Herbstreit finished his medical degree. I wouldn't use him as any sort of definitive source - he has some history of saying pretty dramatic things for the media attention. I think we're a real long ways away from losing the football (or hockey) seasons.
                                When the number one college announcer is worried about the college season, I listen. For him to even say that means that it is being discussed at the highest levels. I would not go to him for medical advice. Comparing apples to oranges. As far as medical advice, a Chinese Medical Officer just said "it would be a grave mistake to not wear a mask out in public," contrary to what the US doctors say. I think I will listen to the Chinese guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X