Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    OSU is flying commercial this weekend and had to split their team up on to two different flights.
    Did the first line get their own flight?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Did the first line get their own flight?
      Ha! I didn’t ask for that much detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
        Wondering about USA Hockey championships as well, and if any college coaches will or won’t attend
        I was entered in USA Hockey Adult Nationals in April (as defending champs). We just got an email last night from USA Hockey announcing that National Championship Tournaments at all levels are cancelled, but regional policy would be determined at the local level.
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Noting the word "indoor" in those, does that mean we can hold the women's Frozen Four at Fenway? :-)
          Interesting. My dog and I qualified for AKC Rally Nationals, which will be held in Wilmington, OH June 26. With any luck, this will have been eradicated by then, since I can't play in my USA Hockey Natioanl tourney
          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
            Interesting. My dog and I qualified for AKC Rally Nationals, which will be held in Wilmington, OH June 26. With any luck, this will have been eradicated by then, since I can't play in my USA Hockey Natioanl tourney
            This weekend's NASCAR race (outdoor event) was just postponed.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              This weekend's NASCAR race (outdoor event) was just postponed.
              I had just heard Homestead (next weekend, not this weekend) -- and they were still considering holding it without fans. Atlanta this weekend I haven't heard anything about.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
                But they’re still holding men’s and women’s NCAA tourney hockey this weekend with limited fans ie family?
                So confusing with all these decisions being made.

Comment

[QUOTE=slapshot willy;6922019]So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
                  But they’re still holding men’s and women’s NCAA tourney hockey this weekend with limited fans ie family?
                  So confusing with all these decisions being made.[/QUOTE

Only a matter of time before it is cancelled.

Comment

"Only a matter of time before it is cancelled."

Also "only a matter of time" until is has been played and completed.

In all the cancellations that have been made (and I realize it is a bunch), has any national championship been cancelled? Todd Milewski is the Wisconsin State Journal reporter who primarily does UW hockey coverage; On his twitter account, he reports that the UW track coach told him the NCAA indoor track championships will be held this weekend -starting on Friday afternoon - albeit without spectators.

As of now, NCAA wrestling championship, set for the same weekend as women's hockey, still on.

Comment

• Re: Coronavirus

[QUOTE=Reddington;6922045]
                      Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                      So pro sports in USA and Europe suspended or cancelled for season. Men’s sec, acc, big ten, big 12, pac-12 basketball cancelled. NHL to make a decision later today but a hunch is suspend or cancel.
                      So confusing with all these decisions being made.[/QUOTE

Only a matter of time before it is cancelled.
                      WCHA Men's Hockey just cancelled the remainder of their postseason tournament.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Offsides Guy;6922078]
                        Originally posted by Reddington View Post

WCHA Men's Hockey just cancelled the remainder of their postseason tournament.
                        RPI just cancelled spring sports and men's hockey is done.
                        The tell will be the afternoon games for the Big East basketball tournament. Right now they are only conference playing.

Comment

Hockey East cancelled.

NASCAR says they will go on with no fans for this week and next week.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

This is the link I had mentioned. I have no idea about the validity of the numbers but the notated sources seem legit.

https://t.co/4AOgVG3ekh?amp=1
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Hockey East cancelled.

NASCAR says they will go on with no fans for this week and next week.
                              And now the Big East game was called at halftime.

NHL on hiatus.

Comment

The rumor is that MLB will suspend spring training and delay the start of the season.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X